The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kopite493

Original post by kopite493
lol omg it actually can happen XD and it was howard webb to even the game world know he sucks

That happens like at least 2 games every season.
I'm guessing howard webb wasn't happy so he negged this lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1221
Original post by J@tko
Literally for the first time ever I had this today. Howard Webb gave Crystal Palace a penalty when Bikey "pushed" one of their players in the box, ended up drawing 2-2. In game it said it was a "bit harsh" and at the end under "Ref Performance" or whatever it is it said "Howard Webb will have lots of explaining to do......". I said it was a disgrace in the post match PC and the FA were "silent" on my criticism because I was correct :P
This is usually a good indicator on whether or not you're likely to succeed in mouthing off about the ref. If you see a decision go against you, check the post-match comment about the ref's performance and/or check the rating the ref got for the match out of 10...I'd be reluctant to appeal if he got a rating over 5/10.
I've been playing football manager 2011 so much recently I've started to get bored of it, went back to football manager 2006 the other day and started a game as wolves. Got Steven Hammell for 230k, Victor Salas for 1.1m and Wouter Artz for 210k, I also have Pique and Morais on loan.
I remember Pique at man utd on my old PES games, absolutely awful.
I don't think I'm the only one surprised at how good Pique has turned out to be in real life.
Reply 1225
Took charge of Valladolid 13 games into the season with them in 16th, after an impressive run I managed to take them to the top of the league and promoted into La Liga.

The Board are only expecting me to try and avoid relegation, so not much is expected of me, however I have got off to a good start, currently hovering around 7th place after 9 games.

Barca are running away with the league, David Villa has so far scored an impressive 23 goals in 9 games in the league!! Crazy! Already just 2 goals away from last years total! Makes the fact that I only lost 1-0 to them all the more pleasing.
My 20 year old Danish CB is now first choice, and my 18 year old Italian DM is also first choice :') makes me proud. I do have a wonderkid right winger who should be good enough, but he hasn't put in the performances just yet and Sanchez is hard to displace. Only real issue is up front. Got a 18 year old Dutch kid who has a lot of potential, and a 22 year old Sudanese guy who's also very good. They both have a habit of getting injured just as they're getting somewhere, frustrating my search for a Tevez replacement.
I'm so glad my coursework is all done - been able to settle down and play FM today. :h:

Here are some of my wonderkids:

Philip Mendoza (CB, 22, USA) - had him at Real Massama, then signed him when I was appointed at Cardiff.

Dan Oprea (ST, 21, ROU) - another one of my Massama boys, went through a lot of hassle to sign him for Cardiff.

Roberto Velasco (18, WB/ AM R, ESP) - already has 4 caps for Spain, enough said.

Herman Volkers (19, GK, NED) - already 2 caps for Holland and in rotation in my squad with Joris Delle after shipping Akinfeev to Barça for £35m.

Martins (18, ST, BRA) - been tearing up my Reserves team so far this season, and touted as the next Ronaldo. :h:

Haven't touched fm in weeks, need to revise for my exams though :colonhash:
Eden Hazard is a little Belgian god.

Also, dunno if it's just me but when I withdraw my players from the national team they stay withdrawn, forever. And it can't just be international bosses getting pissy, because Hazard hasn't been picked for Belgium for 2 years now and along with Lukaku he's easily their top player. It also always says 'withdrawn from international squad' on their international status thing.
I just never withdraw my players. :p:

If I've got massive games straight after the international break I'll usually say 'just 45 mins' to my key players, if they're not playing massive games for their country.
Well I don't usually, but iirc I was in the middle of a big sequence of games and kept having players injured on international duty. Either way, it shouldn't be doing this.
I'm getting the real Hazard on a free transfer at the end of this season. Thorgan Hazard, what a beast
Original post by dnumberwang

Original post by dnumberwang
I'm getting the real Hazard on a free transfer at the end of this season. Thorgan Hazard, what a beast

Thorgan Hazard, he's alright in my game, like top of the championship type.
Reply 1234
I am addicted to this game.

Not healthy.
Original post by Ben1421
I am addicted to this game.

Not healthy.

welcome to the world of football manager

there is some wrong when i lead a league 1 to win the league cup, go up via the playoff

and make it to the first round knock-out of the euro cup
Grr, why do my two-legged Champions League ties always sandwich the biggest league games
Original post by Seanisonfire
Well I don't usually, but iirc I was in the middle of a big sequence of games and kept having players injured on international duty. Either way, it shouldn't be doing this.

Sadly it is a well known bug :frown:
Original post by randomer1122

Hate that, especially when I face liverpool and man city. They're so sick in my game.

having players injured on international duty or permanently withdrawing players from international duty?

Latest