The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Downloads and Other Important Links

Downloads for Football Manager 2005 - 2008: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=14302388&postcount=2 (from old FM Soc thread)

[Need download links for 2009/2010 and will add the links from above into this post at the same time]

2011FM2011 11.2.1 Patch

ImportantDates regens enter the game world
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Just had a rather insane (and very stressful) CL qualifier against Helsingborg.

I had won 2-1 at home in the first leg. I went defensive to try and consolidate my lead, since I had a congested fixture list and lots of injured strikers. Davis scored to take it to 3-1 but they instantly hit back so it was 3-2 on aggregate and one more goal would mean they'd take the game to extra time.

The assistant referee signals five additional minutes. On 97 minutes the referee awards Helsingborg a penalty because one of my defenders handled the ball. Helsingborg duly scored, tying up the game. At that point I was absolutely livid. After 99 minutes, Fleck ran into the box and was tripped. I was awarded a penalty and their defender (as the last man) was sent off. Fleck stepped up and scored. The final whistle was blown on 101 minutes. I have never had 11 added minutes before.
Reply 3
If I fail my A-Levels, Football Manager will be the reason.
Reply 4
I may have a marathon session this weekend since I dont have any plans yet :p:
I'm not doing anything today so I will either continue with my Plymouth save or play some Civilisation. Haven't decided yet. :colondollar:
Reply 6
Subscribing :smug:

Original post by Dalimyr
Just had a rather insane (and very stressful) CL qualifier against Helsingborg.

I had won 2-1 at home in the first leg. I went defensive to try and consolidate my lead, since I had a congested fixture list and lots of injured strikers. Davis scored to take it to 3-1 but they instantly hit back so it was 3-2 on aggregate and one more goal would mean they'd take the game to extra time.

The assistant referee signals five additional minutes. On 97 minutes the referee awards Helsingborg a penalty because one of my defenders handled the ball. Helsingborg duly scored, tying up the game. At that point I was absolutely livid. After 99 minutes, Fleck ran into the box and was tripped. I was awarded a penalty and their defender (as the last man) was sent off. Fleck stepped up and scored. The final whistle was blown on 101 minutes. I have never had 11 added minutes before.

Henrik forever haunting :coma:
Reply 7
Original post by R-KAM

Original post by R-KAM
Subscribing :smug:

Henrik forever haunting :coma:
I still won :eviltongue:

Though got a bitch of a CL group for my trouble. Arsenal (parent club vs feeder club), Werder Bremen and FC Timisoara. Third's a good possibility, but as much as I'd love to get second to try and help the country's rankings (so I can get in at the group stage rather than going through these qualifiers :p:) it'd be a really tough ask.
Reply 8
Original post by Dalimyr

Original post by Dalimyr
I still won :eviltongue:

Though got a bitch of a CL group for my trouble. Arsenal (parent club vs feeder club), Werder Bremen and FC Timisoara. Third's a good possibility, but as much as I'd love to get second to try and help the country's rankings (so I can get in at the group stage rather than going through these qualifiers :p:) it'd be a really tough ask.

Only because he wasn't playing :smug:

Are your loaned players allowed to play? I hope you crumble, since it's not the real life rankings :sogood:

When's the next update due do you know?
starting to build west ham up :coma:

just the loan repayments are a killer

Edin Džeko for £15million that will do
Original post by robinson999
starting to build west ham up :coma:

just the loan repayments are a killer

Edin Džeko for £15million that will do

To let them down? :p:
Colbert
Conor Wickham is really **** on my game 6 seasons in. In Aston Villa's reserves last time I checked
He's anything but on my game.

3 goals in 25 england games is a bit bad, though.
Original post by Wednesday Bass
To let them down? :p:

never :p: top 10 finish easy

winning cups :p:
Reply 13
Original post by R-KAM
Are your loaned players allowed to play?
I've only the one player on loan and no, I'm pretty sure he can't play against Arsenal. Not that I particularly care right now since he's played seven or eight games and only scored in one (albeit scoring both goals in a game we won 2-1 :p:). The young Swedish regen I got for £500k seems to be doing a much better job.

I hope you crumble, since it's not the real life rankings :sogood:
If I do, I hope to see Celtic failing miserably in the qualifiers just like they failed at the first hurdle this season (they were knocked out of the qualifiers by Lyon). Rangers are flying the flag for Scotland alone in the Champions League again :wink:

When's the next update due do you know?
SI never give out a release date for the final patch (or any patch, for that matter :p:), instead using a developer's favourite line: "It's done when it's done". The window for the final patch is typically mid-February to early March, though...so, I'd say three to five weeks as a rough guess.
My Plymouth side came off the back of a 5-game losing streak to hammer Peterborough 7-1 and stay just above the relegation zone. :colone:

Barazite and Murphy proving excellent loan deals.
Subscribing.

In 2031 with Bayern Munich after a career with Coventry and Fiorentina before. Think it's coming to retirement time.
Reply 16
Just had my biggest ever league win. 8-0 against Osasuna, who just happen to be my fierce rivals. :u:
Reply 17
Original post by Llamageddon

Wow, he looks beastly. Amazing physicals and he can head and finish to boot.
Original post by marcusmerehay
I'm not doing anything today so I will either continue with my Plymouth save or play some Civilisation. Haven't decided yet. :colondollar:

I have never played a Civ game but am considering Civ 5. Would you recommend it?

Original post by Llamageddon

That's more like how I expected him to turn out, maybe it's just that not getting in the Villa side for the entire duration of the game has cost him.
Original post by Colbert
I have never played a Civ game but am considering Civ 5. Would you recommend it?

If the gameplay is anything like the rest of the series, then yes.

It can get incredibly addictive, and online play can be quite fun if you have enough free time. Remarkably easy to get used to but the difficulty hikes up pretty quickly as you go through the 8 or 9 different settings.

Latest