The Student Room Group

Nursing...what to expect.

Hi,
I'm hoping too apply for either adult or child nursing in September. I'm currently having a bit of a career change and i am interested in studying nursing.

Can any one tell me a bit about what the course involves? what kind of things to expect?

i'm hopefully doing a weeks worth of volunteering at a local hospital soon, fingers crossed.

Reply 1
Do you want to know about the course? Or the career?
Reply 2
Both really lol
I don't really know where to start; nursing is such a vast career and the course.

Why don't you do a bit of research on NHS careers and uni websites, any questions just come back & ask!
Reply 4
Thanks. ive decided to go into Child Nursing. I'm a playworker at the moment and so working with children would be ideal. Sent my application off and volunteering in a hospital, so just playing the waiting game now!
Reply 5
Original post by Shivvy_x

Thanks. ive decided to go into Child Nursing. I'm a playworker at the moment and so working with children would be ideal. Sent my application off and volunteering in a hospital, so just playing the waiting game now!

Good choice, the kids are where its at :P Not all as fun as playing with the kids though i'm afraid! so be ready for that haha! Definitely worth it though, its an amazing job :smile: Good luck with your application where have you applied?
Reply 6
Thanks, i know its going to be a lot different but i'm eager to put the work in. I've applied for Manchester and Huddersfield as all the other Uni applications had closed. Fingers and toes crossed!
Reply 7

Thanks, i know its going to be a lot different but i'm eager to put the work in. I've applied for Manchester and Huddersfield as all the other Uni applications had closed. Fingers and toes crossed!

Ah ok, well don't forget that there's always clearing if you don't manage to get a place at either of those because of lack of space etc!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest