Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imperial/UCL or reapply to Cambridge

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go for Imperial if you want to end up in IB-you'll get better exposure to top investement banks in london, variety of internships, As far as I know, mech eng at imperial is one of the best in the UK-if not better than oxbridge. Cambridge is rated highly but its not the end of the world if you dont get in there. Just make the most of what you have and think forwards rather than take another year out just to get into oxbridge. Tanaka centre (business school) at imperial is also quite good although arguably not the best.

Good luck.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hi there, I am currently studying at IC myself. I would say that the banking atmosphere here is pretty intense; everyone is talking about IB.

One good thing about imperial is that we do have business modules here in the Engineering courses.

Bad thing is that its expensive and competitive.

But I would think that it would be a bit better than UCL, as my brother went to both and said IC is better.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the advice guys, nice to see the heated debate cooled down a bit!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yes...this is pathetic....all Uni's listed above are prestigious...this whole debate is nonsense...

Go to the place where you WANT to go and don't be blinded by prestige...It is not the way to pick a course...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 17, 2012
New on TSR

Get ready for SQA results day

Share your grade expectations for Tuesday 5 August

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.