The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2920
Original post by jhuntley93
incase anyone is interested oliver golding (last years junior us open champion and no3 junior) is in his 1st futures final playing andrew fitzpatrick in bournmouth

2 journeymen going at it. Sounds fascinating!
Original post by Zhy
2 journeymen going at it. Sounds fascinating!

Oliver is 18...
Original post by JaggySnake95
Oliver is 18...

and fitzy's 21/22, btw zhy you know tennis isnt just about andy murray federrer and co. last week james ward, jamie baker and josh goodall all won future titles, and ward has a new career high this week
You can't seriously be claiming Ward's career high as a success, he is the same age as Murray and yet 100 or so places lower.

Until we get a Boris, it aint happening for GB.
Original post by Rakas21
You can't seriously be claiming Ward's career high as a success, he is the same age as Murray and yet 100 or so places lower.

not saying a success but an improvment
Reply 2925
Original post by Rakas21

This Boris?

Original post by Homeboy Hotel
As much as you guys would like to think that, it was by far not a strategic tank by Djokovic.

You don't put all that effort into getting into a final and then tank for no reason. Understandably, he had the loss of a family member but that was earlier in the week and from that point on he played what, 2-3 matches after that? He should have pulled out of the tournament if it was that bad.

Nadal is my least favourite out of the top 4 but it's so evidently clear he's been improving on his whole game for a good year now. Hitting the sweet spots on his serve, actually hitting his backhand (and winners on that wing, now) along with some good slice and standing nearer to the baseline.

Nadal deserved the win today. But this is not some sort major statement thats going to prove Nadal's dominance over Djokovic in 2012. I just think the rivarly is going to be much tighter this year. Bring on the RG 2012 final.

Presumably you have not taken note of Andy Murray's illustrious grand slam career?
Original post by Rakas21

Sorry, but anyone who reaches the top 200 in there given sport, job, whatever is obviously extremely good at what they do. If you were the 150th best player in the world at football you'd be playing for a top Premier League, Serie A, La Liga team. Have a little perspective.
Original post by JaggySnake95
Sorry, but anyone who reaches the top 200 in there given sport, job, whatever is obviously extremely good at what they do. If you were the 150th best player in the world at football you'd be playing for a top Premier League, Serie A, La Liga team. Have a little perspective.

semi final of queens to add to that too
Reply 2929
Original post by Zhy
This Boris?

No, you're thinking of Ping Pong :wink:
Reply 2930
Looking forward to seeing this blue clay in Madrid this week. Wander if there will be a big difference in terms of how visible the ball is? You never know we may soon have the French Open on blue clay.:smile:
Reply 2931
Original post by cab12
Looking forward to seeing this blue clay in Madrid this week. Wander if there will be a big difference in terms of how visible the ball is? You never know we may soon have the French Open on blue clay.:smile:

They should have given the tennis players blue balls
Reply 2932
Original post by Zhy
They should have given the tennis players blue balls

That's an interesting idea.....
Original post by cab12

Ugh, hope not. And judging from most of the players' reactions it's not very popular so far. It looks like a hard court rather than clay and I don't really see the point in changing the colour aside from novelty.
Reply 2934
Federer is a set down now and it is very tight in the second. I like Raonic and he is a really good future player but COME ON FED!!!!
Reply 2935
Federer now leads the H2H 3-0 with Sampras.
Fed wins.

Given that we are on clay i would expect Nadal to win but i think that Federer could well be in the final.
Reply 2937
Nadal loses 63, 36, 75 to Verdasco after serving for the match twice. Oops.

I think this blue clay has the potential to throw up a few more surprises, neither Djokovic or Federer looked overly comfortable on it in their first games. Could be an interesting tournament.
Reply 2938
Great win by Dasco. Will now lose to Berdych in QF.
Reply 2939
For once I'm gutted Fed wasn't on Nadal's side of the draw, he still has to go through Djokovic if he's going to win here.

Saying that, I just want to see him carry on with that lovely serve and volley action he's got going this week :smile:

Latest