Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Tennis Society

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cab12)
    Looking forward to seeing this blue clay in Madrid this week. Wander if there will be a big difference in terms of how visible the ball is? You never know we may soon have the French Open on blue clay.
    Ugh, hope not. And judging from most of the players' reactions it's not very popular so far. It looks like a hard court rather than clay and I don't really see the point in changing the colour aside from novelty.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Federer is a set down now and it is very tight in the second. I like Raonic and he is a really good future player but COME ON FED!!!!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Federer now leads the H2H 3-0 with Sampras.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    Fed wins.

Given that we are on clay i would expect Nadal to win but i think that Federer could well be in the final.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nadal loses 63, 36, 75 to Verdasco after serving for the match twice. Oops.

I think this blue clay has the potential to throw up a few more surprises, neither Djokovic or Federer looked overly comfortable on it in their first games. Could be an interesting tournament.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Great win by Dasco. Will now lose to Berdych in QF.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    For once I'm gutted Fed wasn't on Nadal's side of the draw, he still has to go through Djokovic if he's going to win here.

Saying that, I just want to see him carry on with that lovely serve and volley action he's got going this week
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    According to the BBC both Djokovic and Nadal have threatened to boycott the event next year if they do not return to traditional clay.

It certainly doesn't seem like a very popular move from the organisers!

Also Federer will become world #2 if he wins this tournament now.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    According to the BBC both Djokovic and Nadal have threatened to boycott the event next year if they do not return to traditional clay.

That would sure make the RG draw exciting. I'd love to see Federer vs Murray and Rafa vs Djokovic in the semi's!
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)

I hope they do. Then Fred can pick up another clay MS. Ion Tiriac is the true GOAT.

Tiriac should dye the clay a pinkish-red, make the outer edges and the lines green and make the ballgirls dress in black.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Federer wins the tournement!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Nadal loses 63, 36, 75 to Verdasco after serving for the match twice. Oops.

I think this blue clay has the potential to throw up a few more surprises, neither Djokovic or Federer looked overly comfortable on it in their first games. Could be an interesting tournament.
    strange to see nadal lose so early even on this blue clay, out of the top 3, he looked the best in the 1st round, winning 6-2 6-2 (or something like that) which compares to federer and djokovic who both dropped a set
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    Certainly a shocking result from Nadal and Federer looks like he could well pounce (he is only defending a R3 result in Rome as well).

Fed took 58 minutes to demolish Gasquet today so in fine form as is Del potro.

Looks to me like a Federer vs Del potro final again which would i think be the 4th this year.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I didn't watch the match so tell me, what was the issue with Nadal?

I understand he didn't like the blue clay and neither do most BUT he was also quite a bit ahead so it's still a poor performance or just a one-off?
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    I didn't watch the match so tell me, what was the issue with Nadal?

I understand he didn't like the blue clay and neither do most BUT he was also quite a bit ahead so it's still a poor performance or just a one-off?
    Nadal is in decline. In a perfect world, they would raise the net 2 metres, use bigger balls and allow on-court coaching and special ball-boys that could wipe your butt for you after every point.

If he loses early in Rome then it would imply that it isn't just the blue clay that is the problem.

I really hope Tiriac gets his fluorescent balls on blue clay wish. A tournament without Nadal, what a privilege!!
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interestingly Del Potro it turns out has not lost a single on clay this year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic loses 76, 63 to Janko Tipsarvic, this blue clay sure is making it interesting! Del Potro is looking the most comfortable on this surface.
    When was the last time neither Nadal nor Djokovic were in a final?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kado)
    Djokovic loses 76, 63 to Janko Tipsarvic, this blue clay sure is making it interesting! Del Potro is looking the most comfortable on this surface.
    When was the last time neither Nadal nor Djokovic were in a final?
    indian wells a couple months back
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another title for Federer with a massive asterisk beside it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both Ion Tiriac and Santana have admitted to problems with the court and with both Nadal and Djokovic out before the semi-finals they could well be looking at a tournament without either of them next year if they uphold their intention to boycott the tournament. I haven't heard a single positive thing about the court among several players and it does appear that it is too slippery even for the best movers on the tour. Disastrous first year on the blue clay.

Would love for Delpo to win the whole thing now but looks like it is Federer's to lose.
Updated: March 17, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.