The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jhuntley93
zhy i am going to be one smug b******* when baker wins a round or 2 at queens/eastbourn and qualifies for us open which is more likley. i will be on here telling everyone to go back to may and that i saw it comming.

also has anyone noticed that the best british tennis player were all coached by judy murray and leon smith at some point in their life and are all scottish. Andy and Jamie murray, Elena Baltacha, Jamie Baker and Colin fleming

I wonder if Jamie Baker will get a call up for the next Davis Cup match as he will most likely be in top 200 by then...If he does then 3/4 players could be Scottish. Although when Andy Murray plays it'll be a tough decision between whether to pick Evans or Baker.
Original post by JaggySnake95
I wonder if Jamie Baker will get a call up for the next Davis Cup match as he will most likely be in top 200 by then...If he does then 3/4 players could be Scottish. Although when Andy Murray plays it'll be a tough decision between whether to pick Evans or Baker.

goodall more than held his own in the last tie, and why not oli golding who has won 2 tournaments in 3 weeks. and is well on track for top 400 or so by the end of the year.

Also we could make a whole gb davis cup team scottish, Andy Jamie B singles, Jamie M and colin fleming doubles!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
Top 3 looking tighter, gap between Nadal in 3rd to Djokovic is 2100 with Djokovic defending a win in Rome.

Rafa'll get back up there! I have lots of faith in him! He's my guy, I love him to pieces haha.

Anyone going to Wimbledon at all this year?
x
theres a possibility that the rome final could be played on an indoor hard court with no spectators :rofl:
Original post by internet tough guy
theres a possibility that the rome final could be played on an indoor hard court with no spectators :rofl:

Any idea what the forecast is for Rome tomorrow?

Quite weird, because today, and all next week it's meant to be late teen, early 20s temperature and no rain. :lol:

Apparently they might not play at all, because it could get cancelled due to more rain and with RG round the corner...Funniest thing is that Nadal HAS to win Rome to be seeded number 2 for RG.
Reply 2986
I can never remember; for RG is it seeds 1v3 and 2v4 in the draw for the semi?
Original post by JaggySnake95
Any idea what the forecast is for Rome tomorrow?

Quite weird, because today, and all next week it's meant to be late teen, early 20s temperature and no rain. :lol:

Apparently they might not play at all, because it could get cancelled due to more rain and with RG round the corner...Funniest thing is that Nadal HAS to win Rome to be seeded number 2 for RG.

Not exactly sure, but apparently they're aiming to start play at noon, and also the rest of the week is forecasted to rain, so its tommorow or its just going to be cancelled altogether:s-smilie:
Original post by Slumpy
I can never remember; for RG is it seeds 1v3 and 2v4 in the draw for the semi?

Random.
roland garos qualies this week and there is an unusual number of brits in the mens and womens draw. 6 in total (must be some sort of record). In the mens are james ward, jamie baker, josh goodall and in the woman's laura robson, heather watson and naomi broady
baker through to french open round 2 qualies. 2 more wins and we will be in unusual terriotry with 2 brits in the main draw of a slam without wild cards, although wardy did qualify for australia in january.
Also anyone relised we could make a decent davis cup team for gb without any english player

andy murray
jamie baker
jamie murray
colin fleming
baker through to french open round 2 qualies. 2 more wins and we will be in unusual terriotry with 2 brits in the main draw of a slam without wild cards, although wardy did qualify for australia in january.
Also anyone relised we could make a decent davis cup team for gb without any english player

andy murray
jamie baker
jamie murray
colin fleming

I think next year our No.1 team will be all of those except Hutchins in place of Fleming. So if Hutchins was ever injured it wouuld be entirely Scottish. :P

Baker has a pretty decent draw in Qualies. 21st seed and 14th seed. (I think 14th seed is the lowest seeded player he could have been seededto play in QR3)
wonder how long it will be before zhy comes and starts trolling. He has been quiet for the last week or so
Reply 2993
wonder how long it will be before zhy comes and starts trolling. He has been quiet for the last week or so

He's been missed :frown:
heather watson won 1st round of qualies 61 62, Naomi Broady, laura robson 1st rounds are this afternoon as well as jamie bakers 2nd round qualie
watson,robson through to round 2 qualies, jamie baker lost 2nd round qualies, watson won 2nd round this morning, laura on later
Anyone else following the story of Brian Baker? His progress in Nice has been amazing!
Original post by emmaaa88
Anyone else following the story of Brian Baker? His progress in Nice has been amazing!

saw colin fleming tweeting about it so decided to take a look. great story
Will the French Open be on BBC or did they lose the rights?
Original post by Michael XYZ
Will the French Open be on BBC or did they lose the rights?

its on itv, itv 1 has 1 match a day i think and itv 4 has 6 hours coverage i think.

Heather watson into the main draw won 60 61 in the last round of qualies this morning

Latest