TSR Tennis Society

TSR Movie Madness. Vote and debate in all of the group finals from now to Saturday evening! 15-07-2014

Rep:
    (Original post by Red Richie)
    hoping federer lands in nadal's half, so we get a chance of a federer v djokovic on a grass court final
    You really think Federer would be able to defeat Nadal? This might be Nadal's least favourable surface but that doesnt make it any easier for Federer

Rep:
    There will be a nice three way battle for world number 1 at Wimbledon:

Djokovic will remain #1 if he makes it to the final.
    Nadal will become #1 if he wins Wimbledon and Djokovic fails to make it to the semi-finals.
    Federer will become #1 if he wins Wimbledon and Djokovic fails to make the final.

Rep:
    (Original post by Kado)

Nadal will become #1 if he wins Wimbledon and Djokovic fails to make it to the semi-finals.
    Federer will become #1 if he wins Wimbledon and Djokovic fails to make the final.
    Wow that's interesting.

Personally, as a Nadal fan, I really really want to see an underdog cause a major upset and possibly win the tournament. 28 out of the last 29 grand slams shared between these three is quite historical and its kind of like bullying. Someone like Murray, Tsonga, Wawrinka, Ferrer or Berdych winning it would be interesting. Unfortunately, Djokovic has got his points to rescue and Nadal also has to try step up his game aswell. Federer I'm afraid isn't up to the standard to capture that wimbledon title anymore.

Rep:
    ... and soon it will be 29 out of the last 30.

Nadal and Djokovic are way above the pack; I can't see it happening. You would need TWO major upsets for anyone to have a chance.

Rep:
    (Original post by Kado)

How will Federer become #1 if Djokovic doesn't make the final but Nadal will only become #1 if Djokovic doesn't make the semi finals? That doesn't make sense as Nadal has a higher ranking than Federer?

Rep:
    (Original post by firebolt)
    How will Federer become #1 if Djokovic doesn't make the final but Nadal will only become #1 if Djokovic doesn't make the semi finals? That doesn't make sense as Nadal has a higher ranking than Federer?
    Nadal was a finalist last year(1200 points to defend), whereas Federer was only a QFist(360 if memory serves). So if Fed wins, he'd gain 1640 points, whereas Nads would only gain 800 for a win.

Rep:
    If you guys have any tennis questions for Rafa, make sure you ask them on G+. They're looking for people to ask questions and judging by some of the comments, I'm sure most of you could ask good enough questions to be selected!

http://www.menstennisblog.info/2012/...june-22nd.html

Rep:
    (Original post by Michael XYZ)
    ... and soon it will be 29 out of the last 30.

Nadal and Djokovic are way above the pack; I can't see it happening. You would need TWO major upsets for anyone to have a chance.
    I agree. They have both been in brilliant form this season and it will take something magical for an upset.

I still think some of the lower seeds will give them a run for their money, but i can't see both being beaten!

Rep:
    (Original post by Slumpy)
    Nadal was a finalist last year(1200 points to defend), whereas Federer was only a QFist(360 if memory serves). So if Fed wins, he'd gain 1640 points, whereas Nads would only gain 800 for a win.
    oh right okay i always forget that it's on a yearly cycle and get confused

Rep:
    anyone watching the boodles

Rep:
    What time is the Wimbledon draw tomorrow?

Rep:
    (Original post by Pandora.)
    What time is the Wimbledon draw tomorrow?
    10am

Rep:
    (Original post by Mocking_bird)
    10am
    Great stuff, thanks!

Rep:
    Gutted Wimbledon starts as soon as I have to go back to college

Rep:
    Murray in Nadal's half again, no surprises there! :lol: Murray's been very unlucky actually, he faces Davydenko in the first round then potentially Karlovic, Dimitrov/Anderson, Raonic, Delpo then Nadal :eek: I'll be extremely surprised if he gets through all those based on current form.

Rep:
    wished they mixed up the top 4 like in the aussie open

Rep:
    who do you think has the easiest draw?

Rep:
    First time in a while I'm not even sure he'll get past the first week, that's just depressing

The only advantage is the top class players tend to come to the fore in 5 set matches as there's a bit more room for error.

Rep:
    (Original post by Natty.B)
    who do you think has the easiest draw?
    Probably not federer or djokovic. The mere fact that they are in the same half of the draw means that its probable they'll play each other. Anyone who potentially has to go through 2 out of the top 3 to win a major cannot be said to have an easy draw.

I think its nadal again who has the easiest draw, although it is better than the joke draw he got at rolland garros. At least here, he potentially has to go through del potro.

Rep:
    (Original post by internet tough guy)
    Probably not federer or djokovic. The mere fact that they are in the same half of the draw means that its probable they'll play each other. Anyone who potentially has to go through 2 out of the top 3 to win a major cannot be said to have an easy draw.

I think its nadal again who has the easiest draw, although it is better than the joke draw he got at rolland garros. At least here, he potentially has to go through del potro.
    I agree, Nadals draw at Roland Garros was a complete joke, there was no competition for him at all. Have you noticed that Isner could potentially play Mahut once again in the second round again this year? I'm not convinced that these draws are done completely randomly anymore :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
: March 17, 2013

Which unis are the poshest?

See what students perceive to be the classiest establishments in Britain

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.