The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

That kid Raonic can play. Won his first ATP tournament without dropping a set and is now in the final of his next tournament in Memphis. He lost the 1st set TB to Roddick 9-7. He was up *2-0 15-0 but it's back on serve now, 4-3 Raonic. He's beaten Verdasco twice, Fish, Blake, Kendrick, Stepanek and more on his run. He will be 37 in the world after this tournament and maybe higher if he can pull out a win.
Reply 121
Gasquet crumble :nopity:

Federer and Djokovic in the Dubai final :teeth:
I have recently started an internship as a tennis writer with this sports website. These are my articles, basically match reports and tournament previews. Let me know what you think.
http://news.google.com/news/search?pz=1&cf=all&ned=in&hl=en&q=author:%22Varun+Jog%22&scoring=n There are three pages ...around 25 articles I think...
Reply 123
Yaaaayy Djokovic :smile: It's gonna be a good year for him!!
Reply 124
Too much other sport going on to watch it but it sounds a convincing performance from Djokovic. If he's playing like this he could even give Rafa a decent challenge across the clay season...

Worrying signs for Federer.
Reply 125
Murray playing Donald Young at the moment, with Young taking the first set in a tiebreak. Murray seems to be a bit up and down so far, but Young looks quite good. Although I think Murray is more than capable to taking sets two and three, this could be the breakthrough Young has been waiting for.
Reply 126
Donald Young beats Andy Murray, 7-6 6-3, I believe he takes on Ferrer next.

[EDIT]

My apologies, I'm getting my Spaniards mixed up, he faces Tommy Robredo in the next round!
(edited 13 years ago)
I can't help but feel that Murray was doing better two years ago. That's not a good sign.
The Murray crumble continues. Has he been watching too much of Arsenal FC?
Rafa plays Juan Martin Del Potro tomorrow in Indian Wells, could be a great resumption of their rivalry.
Reply 131
Djokovic beats Federer again and will become world number 2. 17-0 for the season.. not bad!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9430426.stm

Not seen the match but its looking like he is in pretty awesome form, still can't see him beating nadal at the french and nadal/federer at wimbledon
Vamos rafa!!!
Djok beats Nadal in the final. This lad's on fire!

18 straight wins in 2011. We're not far off the clay season so unless something happens, injury, expect Nadal to dominate once again.
Original post by white_haired_wizard
Djok beats Nadal in the final. This lad's on fire!

18 straight wins in 2011. We're not far off the clay season so unless something happens, injury, expect Nadal to dominate once again.

http://www.thesportscampus.com/2011032111153/tennis-news/indian-wells-mens-final
I wrote this...your opinion?

Are you getting paid in terms of how much traffic your website gets?

IMO, it's well written and it's got a good flow to it. That's my professional opinion :colondollar:
the Murray crumble continues.

He's getting bum raped by a player ranked 130-ish in the world.

What this says to me:

Murray thinks he can't win one of the slams, that he isn't good enough. When he fails emphatically in a slam final, this really impacts upon his belief that he can win a slam and it's increasingly (and in a wholly negative way) impacting upon his desire to win tournaments other than a slam. He can win Masters titles etc, with ease - he is well aware of this fact and only too aware that by winning more and more of such titles, it's only increasingly highlighting the fact that he hasn't been able to make that final step/transition, in the way that Djok has for instance...

Excellent player but not as good as Nadal, Fed and Djok and never will be. Must be truly disheartening for him. I'd be mentally destroyed if I was Murray tbh.
Djok beats Nadal to win yet another title this year. Played 24 this year, won 24.

A year ago his game seemed off, he didn't seem a powerful player, his serve was off and now look at this year. What a turnaround.
Reply 138
I've just got Wimbledom tickets for the last Saturday!!!!! Mega excited but they are really pricey. I haven't been told which seats they will be but I was just wondering how well you can see the tennis in centre court if you were to have one of the seats at the back?
Djok extends his brilliant winning run by beating Nadal in a clay final in 2 straight sets.

This guy is on fire.

Latest