The Student Room Group

rate these unis for Mech.Eng

Poll

best career prospects

Rate these universities in terms of future prospects
You make your own prospects.
Original post by Smack
You make your own prospects.

I phrased my question incorrectly. I have got offers from all of the above unis. I have been to Loughborough and Southampton for open days. Liked them both ( except the town in Loughborough, so depressing :biggrin:). I like the course structure in all of them and year in industry is pretty sweet. I know for a fact that in Loughborough you have to specialize from the first year unlike in other three which seems a bit dodgy to me. I am thinking of choosing Loughborough or Southampton as my firm and one of the other two as insurance. Any advice?
Original post by kaosu_souzousha
I phrased my question incorrectly. I have got offers from all of the above unis. I have been to Loughborough and Southampton for open days. Liked them both ( except the town in Loughborough, so depressing :biggrin:). I like the course structure in all of them and year in industry is pretty sweet. I know for a fact that in Loughborough you have to specialize from the first year unlike in other three which seems a bit dodgy to me. I am thinking of choosing Loughborough or Southampton as my firm and one of the other two as insurance. Any advice?

I don't study at any of those universities so I can't really give any advice regarding the course structure.
If I had to rate them for Mech Eng I would say:

Southampton, Sheffield, Loughborough, Manchester.

Others may beg to differ though and it's up to you how you make your decision. Personally I wouldn't want to live in Loughborough (more to do with the place itself than the university) but that's just me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending