The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA!!!! what's it like??? :P

Hey all......

UEAs my top uni choice for starting this September on the Environmental Science BSC.......

Anyone got any advice? ....
What's the accomodation like? Feel of uni life? Social? Course?

:smile::s-smilie::rolleyes:

Scroll to see replies

I'm joining this thread.. i have an offer for the BSc EnviSci with an yr in N America and really fancy it! But UEA is sooo far away from anything.. :/ Are you ("Hem7") going to the visit day tomorrow?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Eh...UAE's a big place where abouts you applying, ive been to Dubai and Abu Dabi, my Dad lives in Dubai...ITS AMAZING!
Reply 3
(Milliesepton) Yes I am..... getting up at 5.30 to drive up there!! But should be a good day! :P How about you?
Reply 4
Original post by milliesephton
I'm joining this thread.. i have an offer for the BSc EnviSci with an yr in N America and really fancy it! But UEA is sooo far away from anything.. :/ Are you ("Hem7") going to the visit day tomorrow?

UEA really isn't that far away from anything. The UEA is probably only a 20 minute bus journey from the train station and about 10 from the city centre.
I live in Norfolk so have been to summer schools etc there.
It is a nice place, I'm considering it as my first choice (Environmental Science). The concrete may put some people off but it's not actually a bad place. The accomodation is nice, even the cheapest ones are quite nice, the views out of the window are good. The stairs down were a bit daunting.

Is anyone going to the visit day on the 19th??
Reply 5
No... my visit day's tommorow (2nd Feb) ..... for environmental science to tho! :smile:
So its not too far away from Norwich but it is from Worcester! (Where I currently live) But i suppose that if I want to spent a year in N America, I should get use to being away from home! haha.

Original post by Greig_R
Eh...UAE's a big place where abouts you applying, ive been to Dubai and Abu Dabi, my Dad lives in Dubai...ITS AMAZING!

^^ Umm, I think we are talking about University East Anglia, not United Arab Emirates hun :smile:
Reply 7
So its not too far away from Norwich but it is from Worcester! (Where I currently live) But i suppose that if I want to spent a year in N America, I should get use to being away from home! haha.

^^ Umm, I think we are talking about University East Anglia, not United Arab Emirates hun :smile:

Hahahahaha bantah.
Not funny.
Reply 8
Original post by Greig_R

LAD
Reply 9

Yeh because i wasnt joking or anything
ok sorry
Reply 11
Original post by Greig_R
Yeh because i wasnt joking or anything

You can't call it a joke now... You made ya play :wink:
Oh UEA, is Wonderful! Oh UEA is Won-der-ful. Its full off ____, ____ and ______. Oh UEA is Wonderful!
Original post by Thisisafakeaccount
Oh UEA, is Wonderful! Oh UEA is Won-der-ful. Its full off ____, ____ and ______. Oh UEA is Wonderful!

I take it you like UEA? :laugh:
Reply 14
Original post by Thisisafakeaccount

i have much fun shouting this when drunk
Original post by Rfc_07
i have much fun shouting this when drunk

Is that UEA's er... theme song? I can't think of a better phrase haha!
Reply 16
Original post by diamonddust
Is that UEA's er... theme song? I can't think of a better phrase haha!

who knows lol. It's just well known!
I really want to know what's in the blanks! Or am I just being really stupid?
Original post by ellie-wellie
I really want to know what's in the blanks! Or am I just being really stupid?

Not just me then! :blush:
Spill guys! :biggrin:
Reply 19
It's great! Good choice :P

The atmosphere is really nice. When it's a nice day and everyone's gathered in the square, drinks from the bar, chatting with friends.

Hanging out having barbecues by the lake (awesome views!). An art gallery on campus. Awesome union, almost anything you could want there. LCR (the venue on campus for nights out) is so cool!

Norwich is so full of amazingness. Great venues, loads of artsy stuff, wonderful for shopping and eating out. Loads of musicians from all genres visiting. Small enough to get around, big enough to be fun.

The campus is pretty unique, which I like. Accommodation is great too, very fair (not much difference between them apart from bathrooms) and the allocation system is fair as well. Lots of info on it on this thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=890297

Staff really helpful and friendly too.

I love it, if you didn't guess, if you want any more info just ask (I can actually give factual info as well as biased endorsements!).

xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending