The Student Room Group

Help On Studying

Hi Everyone,
I have prelims coming up next week and I have been studying but the problem is I read things over and over and I just don't remember how to do things, I'm in 6th year and so have done prelims and Highers before but I failed all my prelims via no studying at all but this time round i don't even feel confident? If its any help I'm sitting:

Higher English
Higher Maths(resit)
Higher Computing

plus I got a conditional to Uni and I have to get the grades ABC so I don't know what to do?
Reply 1
Original post by AG112
Hi Everyone,
I have prelims coming up next week and I have been studying but the problem is I read things over and over and I just don't remember how to do things, I'm in 6th year and so have done prelims and Highers before but I failed all my prelims via no studying at all but this time round i don't even feel confident? If its any help I'm sitting:

Higher English
Higher Maths(resit)
Higher Computing

plus I got a conditional to Uni and I have to get the grades ABC so I don't know what to do?

You might have seen this before? http://stephenslighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/learning_pyramid.jpg

By reading things you will usually only be able to recall around 10% of the information. Try other revision techniques like printing off the learning outcomes for subjects, highlighting the key information and then making your own notes based on this.
Reply 2
I think with most subjects you have to try actual questions. I have just signed up to maths tuition over the internet which costs only £35 a month. I get sent worked examples of questions via e-mail and worksheets to complete and send back for marking. I find it such an excellent help just to have someone there to ask questions to or help when I am stuck with something.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending