Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Skype question

Announcements Posted on
What are your mock exam revision tips?! Share them with our year 10 & 11 students! 19-11-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit curious if it's possible to see when was the last time one of your contacts was online on skype...now if I just hold the arrow over one of the (offline) names on my contact list it comes up a little note which says "last seen: 1/12/11" or something like that. Now I can tell it's not the last time we spoke, but does it mean the last time that person was online or the last time they were online while I was online? (although not speaking).
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Lollo*)
    I'm a bit curious if it's possible to see when was the last time one of your contacts was online on skype...now if I just hold the arrow over one of the (offline) names on my contact list it comes up a little note which says "last seen: 1/12/11" or something like that. Now I can tell it's not the last time we spoke, but does it mean the last time that person was online or the last time they were online while I was online? (although not speaking).
    i'm guessing its the last time they were online when you were online
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    No way to find out when someone was last online irregardless of whether I was online or not? :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting that pop-up on my Skype... Are you using the beta version?

I don't believe there's any way to tell when they were last online, since Skype will only update message histories when both parties are online. If you're part of a group of people on Skype, and go offline when everyone else carries on talking, then later come online after a few hours when no-one's online, you'll not see the message history until one person who has a more up-to-date message history signs in. Sometimes it's easy to tell if someone's "appearing offline" or "invisible" if it updates when no-one's appearing online (:. Sorry I went off topic a bit there... I really don't think there would be a way of telling when they were last signed in, sorry. :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 31, 2011
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.