The Student Room Group

Social Work Applicants 2011

Hey, just thought I'd make a thread for people applying to Social Work in Scotland in 2011 as we seem to be left till last with the offers!

Has anyone received any offers/interview dates yet?

I've applied to Dundee, RGU, Stirling and Glasgow Caledonian.

Got an interview for RGU on 15th Feb!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by zoe1111
I applied to RGU, Dundee, Strathclyde and Edinburgh.

Got an interview for RGU on the 15th and heard from both Dundee and Strathclyde about extra essay things they needed but still have heard nothing back yet.

I really want to hear!

Hi can you elaborate on the extra essay thing you mentioned ?

Does anyone know if Edinburgh do interviews?
Reply 2
Original post by zoe1111
for strathclyde i had to get another reference other than my ucas reference and then had to write an additional personal statement answering questions they gave and a answer a case study.
for dundee i had to answer four questions such as 'what is the area of social work which particularly interests you' etc. and then case study questions.

have you applied to there for social work too?

Thanks for answering my questions. Yes I have but only applied to Edinburgh though.
Reply 3
Original post by zoe1111
Oh okay. I haven't heard anything from Edinburgh either. Not sure if they do interviews. I guess no news is good news? :smile:

I hope so! The wait is killing me!
Hi,

I've applied for social work at Strathclyde, Caledonian, Stirling and UWS.

I've completed a 2nd essay and reference for both Strathclyde and Stirling and got an email yesterday asking for the same from Cale. Just can't wait to find out now, and really hope i get it :smile:

Good luck to you all
Reply 5
Hey

I applied for Edinburgh, Glasgow Strathclyde, Glasgow Cale, Stirling and Dundee.

Had acknowledgement from all uni's and submitted essays to both Glasgow and Dundee. Havent heard anything else from Stirling and Edinburgh.

Looked on Edi's website and it says no interviews for Social Work. Dreading opening my emails these days with all these essay submissions.

Good Luck everybody!!
Reply 6
Hellllo everybody. Anyone heard any news from the universities they've applied to? Still waiting from Edinburgh here. I live five mins away from the place so I am constantly being taunted. Good luck peeps.
Reply 7
Hey, sorry haven't been on this. I haven't had any offers yet!
For Dundee I've submitted my questions, GCU, did my essay and for RGU went to an interview. Have only had an acknowledgement letter from Stirling which is pretty weird.
I'm becoming impatient! Everyone else seems to have offers :\
Anyone heard anything yet?
Reply 8
Still not heard from Edinburgh. Initially I was quite optimistic but now my mind is deep in doubt city!

Seems like the Scotland seem too be slower than the English universities in regards to getting back to you for social work.

Anyways good luck to you all.
Reply 9
Scotland Uni's are slow! I don't know anybody who has heard from Edinburgh regarding Social Work-suppose no news is good news?? :rolleyes:
Hi there,

I just came across this forum. Just found out on Friday that I've got into Edinburgh, what a relief! I applied to Stirling and Glasgow too but haven't heard anything from them, apart from having to do the extra questions.

Wanted to get into Edinburgh so I'm over the moon. Good luck to everyone, hope you get what you want.

K
Reply 11
Original post by makeupmymindk
Hi there,

I just came across this forum. Just found out on Friday that I've got into Edinburgh, what a relief! I applied to Stirling and Glasgow too but haven't heard anything from them, apart from having to do the extra questions.

Wanted to get into Edinburgh so I'm over the moon. Good luck to everyone, hope you get what you want.

K

That is great you got into Edinburgh. So that confirms they are already giving out offers. I must say that I am doubting my chances even more. :s-smilie:
Reply 12
Original post by makeupmymindk
Hi there,

K

Congrats, you must be so happy :smile:
Did it change on your EASE website or through UCAS?

N
Hi,

I got an e-mail from Edinburgh Uni telling me they'd made a decision and to check my UCAS application on TRAK. I applied a few years ago and was accepted but turned it down at the last minute due to personal problems, so I'm not sure if this has maybe helped me be processed a bit quicker.

Also, before when I applied I was invited to an open day in February before decisions were made, whereas this doesn't seem to have happened, there hasn't been an open day that I'm aware of. In 2008 I didn't find out until the end of March.

Kx
Reply 14
Hi anyone applied for uws Dumfries campus??
Reply 15
has anyone had an interview for social work frm strathclyde or uws? got them next week so just wondering wht they will be asking :smile:
Original post by kd93
has anyone had an interview for social work frm strathclyde or uws? got them next week so just wondering wht they will be asking :smile:

Good luck. I have my interview with UWS a week on Tuesday really nervous.
Reply 17
I have mine a week on tuesday as well!!, is it paisley ur applying to? im assuming it will have a group interview/discussion, wht do u think? im really nervous as well ! :s-smilie: x
Reply 18
Mines is 18th. Good luck :biggrin:
Hi,

I got an offer from Stirling this afternoon. Totaly made up as i was begining to think i wouldn't get in anywhere lol

Good luck to you all

Quick Reply

Latest