The Student Room Group

AQA BUSS4 Corporate Social Responsibility Case Study Exam Prep

Scroll to see replies

you sure
Reply 21
can any one tell me what sort of things we are meant to research? and please dont say csr! are we meant to focus on researching businesses or do we get articles out of the news? i have 2 incredibly useless business teachers..
Reply 22
Original post by Jim Riley
There are loads of free resources for AQA BUSS4 CSR here - bound to be something which helps you make a good start to the research process. Happy to field any questions you have about the process;

http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/business-studies/C591/

Jim

Please could you tell me what sort of things we should be researching... are we meant to be researching about the way the businesses achieve CSR or are we meant to be looking for relevant articles in the news? My teachers really have not made it clear! Thanks
McDonald's Corporate Social Responsibility-Making Progress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_bgP3ASUM4
Reply 24
hi i was wondering if anybody knows the answer to this

i currently have 284 ums in total across unit 1 - 3
if an A is 320 does that mean i only need 36 ums on unit 4 to get an A?

if i did get 36 ums (a U basically) on the last exam and i recieved an A, would my firm uni reject me due to almost flunking the last exam? (considering they've only asked for an A in buss and i am applying to do maths and im sure they care more about me doing good in maths and furthmaths)

I tried asking my teachers, they just assumed i was being arrogant, but i genuinely want to know if it relieves some pressure on me to do well in this final exam
Original post by cwd12
hi i was wondering if anybody knows the answer to this

i currently have 284 ums in total across unit 1 - 3
if an A is 320 does that mean i only need 36 ums on unit 4 to get an A?

if i did get 36 ums (a U basically) on the last exam and i recieved an A, would my firm uni reject me due to almost flunking the last exam? (considering they've only asked for an A in buss and i am applying to do maths and im sure they care more about me doing good in maths and furthmaths)

I tried asking my teachers, they just assumed i was being arrogant, but i genuinely want to know if it relieves some pressure on me to do well in this final exam

Yeah you only need 36 UMS for an A. If the uni asked for an A, and that's what you get, they wont reject you because of a certain module grade. (Unless they specified the grade you need in each exam)
Reply 26
Original post by jaydemikaela
Yeah you only need 36 UMS for an A. If the uni asked for an A, and that's what you get, they wont reject you because of a certain module grade. (Unless they specified the grade you need in each exam)

thats what i thought, but started to doubt myself as my teachers were telling me i would get rejected but thankyou for your answer :smile:
Original post by cwd12
thats what i thought, but started to doubt myself as my teachers were telling me i would get rejected but thankyou for your answer :smile:

They're probably just saying that so you don't start slacking :P
Reply 28
Aim to get 80 in BUSS4 - good exam technique with lots of relevant research evidence will get you very close to this.
Hi
Lots of FREE resources here: www.revisionstation.co.uk and also advice on the approach to take, tips from the examiners and also lots of videos and articles on NESTLE, NIKE, PRIMARK, MONSOON, APPLE, MCDONALDS and BP amongst others.

Drop in, look round and enjoy for free. The idea is to watch the videos, look at the discussion points, read the articles and make your own pages of notes.

The examiners are look for you to be able to use a range of businesses in your answers, so read lots make a few notes and you are well on your way. Also has some theory if that's what you are looking for.

No download cost all free.

:biggrin:
Reply 30
Original post by Booom
Not really.. it cost me £40 - if you want it go and buy it :smile:

will give you £5 for a copy CD given that they only cost £1.50 :smile:
pleeaaassseeee say yes i desperately need it :frown:
Reply 31
bump

Anyone know where to start?
can someone write out a paragraph or two that has good content, application, analysis and evaluation all in one paragraph about CSR so i can get an idea how to right a decent paragraph that hits the high marks for having breadth and depth.

Thanks and can someone provide this rather quickly please
why did i receive a neg this can benefit everyone who see's it
Original post by Jim Riley
Aim to get 80 in BUSS4 - good exam technique with lots of relevant research evidence will get you very close to this.

can you tell me some good exam techniques please and provide an example please

thanks
Original post by Booom
Not really.. it cost me £40 - if you want it go and buy it :smile:

you're nice
Reply 36
Original post by thecookiemonster
you're nice

How about you go and spend £40 you've earned on a resource, then give it to me?

No, didn't think so.
Original post by Booom
How about you go and spend £40 you've earned on a resource, then give it to me?

No, didn't think so.

Umm I actually would

It doesn't affect me in any way putting something up on the internet for other people to use.

I've done it plenty of times before.

It's called not being selfish
Reply 38
Original post by thecookiemonster
Umm I actually would

It doesn't affect me in any way putting something up on the internet for other people to use.

I've done it plenty of times before.

It's called not being selfish

Go on then. :wink:

If you want something, go and spend the money on it.. I'm not buying it for others to leech off me. It's also against the T&Cs of the document, which I bought on a single-user license.
Original post by Booom
Go on then. :wink:

If you want something, go and spend the money on it.. I'm not buying it for others to leech off me. It's also against the T&Cs of the document, which I bought on a single-user license.

yeahh cos they're gonna hunt you down and prosecute you

Ohh and consider yourself lucky you have 40 pound to spare for it, not all of us are so lucky

Quick Reply

Latest