The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

English Interview At Warwick.

Right, I have been invited to an interview at Warwick to study English Literature. On the email that they sent me, they said that it is likely that I'll be interviewed on things in my Personal Statement and the more "general questions". The latter part confuses me somewhat and so I thought that I would ask you lot what you think this might mean. I would also like to take this as an opportunity to ask about your interview experiences.

Thanks, god I am so nervous yet so excited :colondollar:
Hi, I'm a current first year English Lit student at Warwick and my interview last year was pretty informal really (which I think they stress on the letters). They'll ask a few questions about things you've put on your personal statement, books you've studied etc. and what you thought. One question I can remember being asked is why I wante dto study the course at Warwick, which is probably a pretty typical question they'll ask you so think about that before you go in. Other than that, from what I can remember, it's pretty much just about English, what kind of reading you like, what topics etc. They let you lead really and ask you question off that.

It's a bit of a blur for me now but I hope that helps. Just don't worry about it too much and express why you love Lit! (:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
I got the email today too! I'm so excited, but really feeling the pressure as Warwick is my first choice, and having been rejected from my next favourite uni I'm considering taking a gap year if I don't get in (hideously expensive problem to be dealing with!!) What date is your interview? 25th Feb? Also, if it's a casual interview, what do you think we're meant to wear?!
:s-smilie:
Reply 3
Don't worry about what you're wearing, they won't mind. When I did mine (going back a year or two...) I wore black jeans and a shirt.

Just make sure you can talk about the things you've said in your personal statement you're interested in. And make sure you know about the Warwick English course and why you want to do that one in particular.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending