The Student Room Group

Has anyone had good experiences on the Cliest pill?

I went to the doctor yesterday to ask to get my pill switched from microgynon because it has made my periods very heavy and painful and it makes me feel depressed. The doctor put me on Cliest.

I made the big mistake of googling reviews on Cliest and I have to say they're horrendous. The main symptoms people are reporting are unbearable hunger, mood swings and constant breakthrough bleeding.
I'm a little worried about switching now because I could just be making it worse for myself! Can anyone reassure me and report good things about Cliest?

Scroll to see replies

Everyone is different. Unfortunately there's only one way to find out. When I first asked my GP about the Pill he put me on Celest, but I literally couldn't even keep it up for a week. I felt very sick, tired, lethargic and kept bursting into tears - I used to start crying over literally nothing! As soon as I stopped taking it I felt better within a couple of days and I was then put on Evra (the patch). It's been a godsend...been on it for over a year now and was given the go-ahead to run patches together...four periods a year = bliss :biggrin: Good luck x
Hiya honey,

Unfortunately i didint have a good experience on cliest, i was constantly tired and weak. However, i used to be on microgynon and it was excellent until i started getting really bad migraines, so the doc thought i should swap my pill, but in the end it was just what i was eating causing the migraines. I am now back on microgynon which is fine for me but not for you, so with that in mind do give Cliest ago because you could find it agrees with your body.

good luck xxx
Original post by Smem
I went to the doctor yesterday to ask to get my pill switched from microgynon because it has made my periods very heavy and painful and it makes me feel depressed. The doctor put me on Cliest.

I made the big mistake of googling reviews on Cliest and I have to say they're horrendous. The main symptoms people are reporting are unbearable hunger, mood swings and constant breakthrough bleeding.
I'm a little worried about switching now because I could just be making it worse for myself! Can anyone reassure me and report good things about Cliest?

Me! I've been on it for about 9 months (having tried 3 others) and it's by far the best one! With the others I got really bad skin and was really moody etc - never had breakthrough bleeding, not ever been really hungry and I don't think I'm moody...:colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by polzeath.sunset
Me! I've been on it for about 9 months (having tried 3 others) and it's by far the best one! With the others I got really bad skin and was really moody etc - never had breakthrough bleeding, not ever been really hungry and I don't think I'm moody...:colondollar:

Thank you! I guess people mainly go online to post bad reviews not good ones. Since that first google I've tried googling all sorts of other pills and all the reviews are bad!
I think the moral of the story is to not read the horror stories and just try it for myself.

Nurse had never come across someone who had had great periods before the pill and absolutely awful ones after going on it! She suggested Cilest because it has a higher oestrogen content than microgynon which will apparently reduce the bleeding. I just hope its right for me.
All pills give different reactions for different people. I started on microgynon and went to my doctor over something like a rash and he said the pill may have been making it worse so put me on cilest.

Cilest was fine until I tried to run packs together - it gave me breakthrough bleeding all the time. So I went back on microgynon, although I now realise it only is ok if I don't run packets together, which is a pain - I was so used to periods only every 6 weeks. Going back to the doctors tomorrow to try and figure something out.
Reply 6
i came off mycrogynon 'cos it gave me rediculous mood swings ... been on cilest for a year now and no probs so far:smile:
Wow, the same thing was happening to me on microgynon. I actually just thought it was tough luck my periods were so heavy and painful, but by chance I stopped taking them completely - forgetfulness + lack of sex - and now my periods are so much better.

Now I kind of want to go back to the doctor and maybe get a different one but it's such a pain :/
Reply 8
Original post by Smem

As others have said, generally the majority of pill reviews you see on the internet are bad ones. I was slightly scared for the same reason as you before I started Cilest, but it's been fine. There was some spotting at the start but that's pretty normal I think and it settled down really quickly (been on ~3 months now). At the start I occasionally got sore boobs but they weren't really that painful at all and it never lasted for long. I haven't noticed being any more hungry than normal either and definitely no mood swings.

Just try it and hope for the best =)
Been on cilest about a year now and have never had any problems, really helped with skin and period pains as well as being a contraceptive. Although, when i did start to take my packs of pills without a break i started to have spotting but my doctor said this was just because i needed to have a break from it ( i hadn't been on the pill very long when this happened so thats probably why it happened).
Overall would really recommend the cilest pill.
Reply 10
I had the unbearable hunger and I got awful depression from Cilest. But not everybody experiences the same thing so all I can recommend is that you try it first :smile:
I was on Microgynon and it was a miserable experience; I was either crying or snapping people's heads off, I slept a lot, I was constantly hungry, I had no libido, urgh it was terrible.
In the autumn I went on another, I can't remember what it's called - it begins with M. I was quite moody on that but not to the extent of microgynon.
I've been on Cilest around four days and so far so good. However, I've had a constant feeling of nausea but if that's the worst thing then I'll take it.
Reply 12
Original post by Smem

Hello :smile:

Don't worry, each pill affects each individual differently. So far i've not had any problems with Cilest. I think that I may of put on a bit of weight slightly!

If you find that it doesn't work for you, or you feel ill taking it just go back to the doctors,

I hope all goes well and that the pill works for you :biggrin:

xx
Reply 13
Been using Cilest for almost 3 years, and have to admit that I haven't had any bother with it at all. If anything it has helped me loads. Especially with bad skin etc.

Oh - I have put weight on since using it, but for being on it 3 years, i have only put on very little weight. So all good for me. :smile:
Hi there, i have just been prescribed this (celest) pill to start! I suffer from PMS just on the milder side with anxiety and a touch of IBS too, basically i am s*^tting myself as to start taking this pill as im affraid it will make me worse or trigger something else!! Really scared and by the reviews this is something im not looking forward too! Please help!!???
Well,to start i have hormone problems such as pcos and a pituatry tumour which affects my hormones, so i had reoccuring chronic acne and extra hair growth,Cilest stopped my acne, weakened my hair growth, the small fine chest hairs i get just come off when i use the exfoliating gloves,not noticed any abnormal loss of hair on my head, it stopped me feeling depressed and crying over everything, Yasmin was the worst I have tried, its supposed to be top dog for acne and the weight side of things, but it did not help me at all, and it made me feel so unhappy and bitchy.iv had no spotting, headaches or weight gain on cilest, everybody's different.
Reply 16
I was changed from microgynon to cilest as well as I had mood swings and would cry at absolutely anything! Unfortunately the same happened on Cilest except my boobs also ballooned! I went from a C to an E/F cup which made finding clothes a bit ridiculous, so I eventually changed onto Yasmin, which is a bit better but still not perfect :/ I had no problems with my periods on cilest but I did get some breakthrough bleeding and running packs together wasn't worth the hastle on that front either, but I think I have a tendency for that to happen, it's happened on every pill so far.

As others have said though everyone reacts differently to different pills, the only way you will know if it's for you is to try, you can always change to something else if it doesn't agree with you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been on Cilest for over two years and have never had any problems at all; no mood swings,no acne, no hunger, no spotting; nothing. It's misleading to read the online reviews because, usually, the only people who are motivated enough to write something are the ones who have had awful experiences.

Ultimately, the pill affects everyone differently and you won't know until you try it.

Good luck :smile:
Started cilest recently and went onto my 7 day break but two days in I suddenly got a really heavy period, which I have never had before. I was told it would make my periods lighter so am concerned that there might be something wrong? Or is it just that my body isn't used to it yet?
I went to the doctors today about microgynon 30 as it has been causing spot break outs on my usually clear skin. I have been put on Cilest instead to try and return my skin back to the good clear skin days I had before. Has anyone experienced Cilest improving their skin or do you think It makes it worse? I'm desperate for my skin to go back to how it was before microgynon 30 destroyed it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending