The Student Room Group

Vocab revising tips

Best ways? I've been thinking about grabbing sticky notes and sticking them around my room to revise key vocab. I've stuck some of the words on key things, for example, I always fall into the the 'Noreste' and Noroeste trap, so- I stuck one on the North East of my wardrobe and the other on the North-west, etc. Hopefully this will help.

Any other ways? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Original post by lassiesuca
Best ways? I've been thinking about grabbing sticky notes and sticking them around my room to revise key vocab. I've stuck some of the words on key things, for example, I always fall into the the 'Noreste' and Noroeste trap, so- I stuck one on the North East of my wardrobe and the other on the North-west, etc. Hopefully this will help.

Any other ways? :biggrin:

Obviously it's gonna be different for everyone but for what it's worth I like to try and connect the words with a concept in my brain, rather than with the English equivalent - in the hope that a) I'll remember it for longer and b) I can understand it in context faster (so I can skip out the middle man, English).

To do that you can use it in a couple of sentences, or if applicable think up a gesture to go along with it or something. But tbh most of the words I learn I don't deliberately set out to memorise (ie from a vocab list), I just find them in context as I go along and then eventually they settle in.
Look say cover write check?
and the ones you get wrong write out a couple of times and highlight key words :smile:
would also like to know any better ways cuz it gets a bit laborious doing that method for like 300 words at a time lol
Like the sticky note idea, aha although all of my room would be completely covered :tongue:
I find that writing out vocab helps me learn.
However, there are loads of ways, sticky notes around the room are good, learning a couple every day rather than loads at once.
For each topic, I'm making a spider diagram with key vocab on, which I use for essays, speaking ect.
I do the same with essay phrases as well, and doing that will help you not to repeat the same "I think that... I believe that..." ect.
Good luck! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending