The Student Room Group

help from those who never gave up

i just got my prelims back and got an A B C C D does anyone here know someone of a worse situation but still got AAAAA how many hours should i study per day to so
i assume from the title you are on the verge of giving up, well don't.

There is no set time limit that you can study per day , everyones differnent so it's just what you're capable of really. No offence here, but i don't see you going from ABCCD to AAAAA but just try your hardest and you never know.
Reply 2
Original post by saif.acm@hotmail
i just got my prelims back and got an A B C C D does anyone here know someone of a worse situation but still got AAAAA how many hours should i study per day to so

I never got as good as straight A's in my finals, but I did go from a D in Higher English (because I chose the wrong question) and in Higher Maths (because I wasn't prepared enough) in the first prelim to A's in both of them in the final! It is possible.
Reply 3
If you want to get some thing that you really wants then you have to forget the time.You can't say that i will give 2/3 hours or 8/9 hours.You should use your 100% free time,then no one can stop you to meet your goal,
(edited 13 years ago)
just work really really hard, there is no set number of hours to work to get certain grades, tbh
i got ABBBC in my exams, then did a couple of retakes and got that up to AAABB, with the As in the ones i carried on, and the C went up to an A. So don't give up, just work at it, and when you're tempted to just give in and do something else when you know you need to work, don't. It gets easier once you get into a pattern and used to working.
Original post by saif.acm@hotmail

Well, in my higher maths prelim I got 51%, and then I got an A1 in the final exam :smile: . It is possible! The main thing I would recommend is doing tons of past paper style questions. By the exam you'll see the question and know immediately what to do. You'll have to work hard, but I think I've heard worse. Remember, the prelims are often harder than the final exams.
I don't know how many hours, but it would be better to start with more and then ease up a bit when you get on course again than to have a mad panic at the end.

Don't give up! You can do it! :smile:
Reply 6
This was gcse not a-level (my school didn't do mocks at a-level) but I got an E in my French oral mock and then an A* in the actual one.

I have got 50% though on a-level practice papers a few days before an exam and ended up with an A - the key is to work hard. That's it really - know how you learn stuff (colours the key for me) and then work really really hard.

Good Luck!
You've come this far, don't focus too much of those Cs and D. If you give up now, you've thrown away all that work that you've put in to achieve that A and B, don't ignore them, they're not easy to get so don't put yourself down so much!. Prelims are never the same as the proper exams anyway you don't have the same mentality. I'd stick at it if you've come this far may as well see it through :smile:
Reply 8
I got AADFF in my prelims, ended up with AAAAB :smile: I worked my arse off to get those grades, even though I really wanted to drop half my subjects after the prelims and it took me a few weeks to pick myself back up and regain my confidence. You've still got enough time before the real exams to improve, so don't give up hope! :smile:
Reply 9
Just go and work hard until May.
Reply 10
im waitin for my prelim reults have no cluehow i done but those prelim grades really mean nothin to b, my teacher said tht prelims harder than exam level u got 2 As at tht levl u can do it
Reply 12
Original post by Pedrobear

+1
A B C C D for your pre-lims, are you kidding me on? giving up, those are pure good results for pre-lims, imo.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending