The Student Room Group

am i too old to study physiotherapy?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by meg10
I have ben offered a place to study physiotherapy in September 2011. I am really worried now that I am too old. I'm 40 next month. When I went for interview everybody was around 18 (well looked it to me) and during the interview they did ask if I would feel "isolated" because of my age. Does anybody know if many mature students do physio courses or am I mad?

Hi there, did you start the course? I am 30 and I am applying for this year. How have you found it and are you enjoying it?

Thanks

John
Reply 21
Original post by meg10
I have ben offered a place to study physiotherapy in September 2011. I am really worried now that I am too old. I'm 40 next month. When I went for interview everybody was around 18 (well looked it to me) and during the interview they did ask if I would feel "isolated" because of my age. Does anybody know if many mature students do physio courses or am I mad?

No such thing as too old! Go for it! :smile: you still have another 20 years of working life, so you may as well enjoy what youre doing! Dont let the younger students put you off
Reply 22
Hi
Does anyone know if I would be accepted to do a masters in Physiotherapy if I completed my bsc hons degree in 1999? That's 16 and a half years ago!. I'm 38 now but would love to go back to it, but i've found that alot of Universities in London will only take graduates with a degree no older than 5 years old. Does anyone know it this is possible.
Thanks!
Rachael
(edited 7 years ago)
how did you get on with your degree im 36 looking to go into physio ne year iv been a personal trainer for 18 years just want to do something new with a bit more of a push and challenge
Original post by john s
Hi there, did you start the course? I am 30 and I am applying for this year. How have you found it and are you enjoying it?

Thanks

John

hi john how did you get on with your degree
Hi, I found this thread because I'm wondering the same thing. I'm 41 and thinking of becoming a physiotherapist which will take 4 years of study. How did you go since this post?Kate
Hi, I found this thread because I'm wondering the same thing. I'm 41 and thinking of becoming a physiotherapist which will take 4 years of study. How did you go since this post?Kate
Hi, how did you all go with "physio in your 40s"?

I found myself wondering the same thing here in 2018 I'm 41 and about to start a 4 year physio degree.

Have you been happy with your decisions to study

Kate
Melbourne
Australia
Reply 28
Hi, I just googled studying physio at 40 and found this thread. I have always wanted to study physio but until now haven't had a chance to do so due to various circumstances. I turned 40 this year and am now contemplating making my dream a reality however I am a bit hesitant when I think about my age and if it will be worthwhile starting the degree now since by the time I finish I will be almost 45 or 46. I am intrigued to know how you went with the course since I can see that you posted this question 6 years ago. It would really mean a lot to me to hear back from you and to hear your advise.Thanks :-) Awaiting your reply.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by Hellokate
Hi, how did you all go with "physio in your 40s"?

I found myself wondering the same thing here in 2018 I'm 41 and about to start a 4 year physio degree.

Have you been happy with your decisions to study

Kate
Melbourne
Australia

Hi Kate

I am in Sydney & am 40 this year and contemplating starting to study physio. Would really appreciate any advise from you and how did you start / regarding student loans / can you work part-time while studying? Have you already commenced the course? Would appreciate your advise :-) Thanks :-)
Hello, im 41 and about to do physio and I'm so scared! Can anyone tell me how they got on with jobs etc at this age? Did they find people were kind with them on the course? Any feedback appreciated.
Original post by Labirichina
Hello, im 41 and about to do physio and I'm so scared! Can anyone tell me how they got on with jobs etc at this age? Did they find people were kind with them on the course? Any feedback appreciated.

Came out of physio school at 33 and haven't looked back. No issues at all on the course, and there were plenty of us mature students - one was early 50's. I think being older has helped me to climb the ranks faster too as I had that prior life and career experience prior to physio. Go for it.
Thanks so much for your reply. It is so encouraging. I am due to start my course tomorrow and i'm a wet chicken but would love the job and do my best- 3 years slightly freaks me out but hoping to swept away by my love for it- haha.
Education dont require any age dear u can proceed
The OP was 11 years ago so hopefully she has qualified and been working for some years now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending