The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

English Literature - Warwick or York?

This thread is a little hypothetical as I haven't heard back following my Warwick interview last week, but, considering I am travelling in two weeks, I need to making a decision between the two.

I have heard varying things about both; I know the quality of both english departments is high, but I am a little concerned about the social side at Warwick. Would anyone else have a preference? Any advice or information would be hugely appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi there lukeys, congrats on your offer/interview.

It's been a few years since I did English at Warwick, but the course was fantastic; there's a real buzz about the department and the level of the lecturing and the standard of debate in seminars was immense. The course is great I think, and they've changed it this year so that you can follow specific pathways if you want to but they haven't compromised on the core stuff.

I wouldn't worry about the social side - the union's probably the best in the country and there's loads going on. You will find a group of friends that suit you whether you want to be clubbing a lot or taking it a bit easier. People work really hard to be sure, but then I don't think there's much point in going to uni just to doss about.

Also, while I have a lot of respect for York as it's a great uni, I think Warwick has the edge in reputation and its campus blows York's out of the water!

Ultimately it's up to you of course and if you have a good feeling about one and not the other you should probably follow that, but if you get a Warwick offer I'd give it real consideration - I bet you wouldn't regret accepting it.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Quick Reply

Latest