The Student Room Group

Birmingham's percentage white population in terminal decline

CURBS on immigration will NOT prevent Birmingham having a white minority population in the future, academics have revealed. The number of kids from white families is already falling in the Second City, with more than half of under 16s now being from black, Asian and other ethnic communities. Leicester has also seen the same population shift according to latest research from the University of Manchester, which is expected to be confirmed by this year’s census.

“Future immigration is not the reason for this change,” he said. “Even zero immigration will not stop Birmingham becoming minority white."

Sunday Mercury

The problem is high birth rates among immigrants. Among Muslims, birth rates are SIX times that of the English. Arthur Kemp gave a short and brilliant speech detailing what this actually means for the indigenous English:
http://bnptv.org.uk/2011/01/our-promise-to-the-nation/
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The decline isn't 'terminal', is it? :colonhash:
Original post by Kickflip
The problem is high birth rates among immigrants. Among Muslims, birth rates are SIX times that of the English.

it's not a "problem"

also the 6 or so children of the muslim immigrants become more westernised than their parents and very rarely have 6 children themselves, just thought you'd ought to know this
Reply 3
Any white men in the house?

If there are any white males here who would like to penetrate Kickflip then we could go some way towards reversing this decline, no?
My 200th post, :biggrin:

Ok now really does it matter this might be a simplistic approach but we are all humans why does it matter... One day people will look back at this and think wow were they that sad... :O
The problem is high birth rates among immigrants. Among Muslims, birth rates are SIX times that of the English. Arthur Kemp gave a short and brilliant speech detailing what this actually means for the indigenous English:
http://bnptv.org.uk/2011/01/our-promise-to-the-nation/

The only problem is people like you who see it as a problem.
Reply 6
If that's a problem then why don't you have one child per year? You could totally skew the statistical trend around, start a fashion of 30 children per household.
Reply 7
There are literally no White people there. It's as if you are in foreign country. I went there for a Biology convention 2 years ago and I did not see a single White person.
Original post by StephenP91

Original post by StephenP91
There are literally no White people there. It's as if you are in foreign country. I went there for a Biology convention 2 years ago and I did not see a single White person.

A biology convention? Was it full of Asians by any chance?
well nobody wants the midlands anyway; neither north nor south. They can have it
Reply 10
Although I don't really care about a person's skin colour, the cultural and religious tension this could bring could prove to be concerning.
Reply 11
it's not a "problem"

it is if you're English.

why does it matter

It matters to the English because we are being bred out of our own cities.

The only problem is people like you who see it as a problem.

So you say English people are the problem for complaining about being ethnically cleansed from their own cities? Charming.
(edited 13 years ago)

it is if you're English.

It matters to the English because we are being bred out of their own cities.

English people are the problem for complaining about being ethnically cleansed? Charming.

Why don't you have more kids then if it's such a big deal? It's not as if there's nothing you can do about it.
Reply 13
Original post by Derezzed
Although I don't really care about a person's skin colour, the cultural and religious tension this could bring could prove to be concerning.

Culture is an expression of biology. Culture and religion are intrinsically race-based. We all know what Muslims look like, and we all know what Christians look like. Islam isn't a problem in Britain because there are a lot of Far Eastern people here, it is because there are a lot of Middle Eastern people here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
it is if you're English.

Were you born in England? I've asked you this several times but you never answer.
it is if you're English.

I'm English - it's not a problem.
It matters to the English because we are being bred out of our own cities.

No... We're not. We're really not...
So you say English people are the problem for complaining about being ethnically cleansed from their own cities? Charming.

No, I say racist bigots like yourself are the problem because they don't like the colour of someone's skin. Once again, we're not being "ethnically cleansed" - and to even use that term is ludicrous when you looked at the countries that HAVE been ethnically cleansed.

EDIT:
http://www.statistics.gov.uk/populationtrends/downloads/poptrends142web.pdf
Page 25, Table 4.
(edited 13 years ago)
the only problem i can see is the clash of religion and culture. what is deemed acceptable in one culture isn;t necessarily acceptable here... but otherwise, who cares? immigration brings many great things to a country.
Reply 17
Depends what parts of Bimingham you're talking about.... Handsworth is very Asian dominated and also a lot of blacks and Polish. Areas like Spark Hill and Sparkbrook etc. are very Muslim dominated.... But then again, you'll struggle to see a non-white in far South Birmingham and around the outskirts of Birmingham. Edgbaston is also one of the few central areas which are white dominated. It's only the more central areas where xenophobics will have a problem, the rest looks like your good old England.
Reply 18
Culture and religion are expressions of biology, they are intrinsically race-based...WE are not daft.

Yeah, cos there's never been a white Muslim, an asian Christian or a black Roman Catholic. I mean, what we believe is in our genes obviously.

You're just too damn easy :ahee:
Reply 19
By terminal, do you mean someone plans to kill all the white people? Your article is based on an extrapolation anyway, and any extrapolation is dubious.

Latest

Trending

Trending