The Student Room Group

Waterloo Road

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by TheMeister
WR is running out of storylines to use; I mean, really, how many times can: a pupil sleep with a teacher? A teacher have a breakdown? A teacher have bust-ups with the headteacher? A pupil have sex with one of their best mates?

It's boring and last night's episode was an atrocious display of acting (Sampson anyone?). I don't like DW, but I would've preferred that to walk away with the NTA Award the other week, especially when you compare the two.

I agree. I've seen it from the start (well, caught up with series 1 and 2 on DVD) and I think series 3 and 4 are definitely the best. It just seems a bit tired and unbelievable now. Sherlock probably deserved the NTA for sheer amazingawesomeness but Doctor Who is, of course, my favourite programme :tongue: I think the votes were split between the two as with a) moffat and b) crazy clever main character acted by twins meant they had the same fan base, who then had to choose.
Original post by hannah_dru
I saw those :smile: Really enjoyed the storyline with Grantly and his wife because I'd hated him up until then. I've not seen any of the series before the last 10 eps.

Grantly has always been loveable!
Original post by Stringer987
Grantly has always been loveable!

Yeah I agree
The story with his wife was so sad :frown:
Original post by affinity89
The actress put on twitter that the character is 17. And, that she was 26 when she filmed it.

Oh right... thought Jess was like 18 or 19 actually, then again the actress could pass for that age though
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. I was only new to the show last week and have watched the first two episodes of Series 1 on SeeSaw.

I really wish I could have gotten into it sooner, but there's nothing I can do about it obviously.
Reply 65
Original post by CrazyTracey
I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. I was only new to the show last week and have watched the first two episodes of Series 1 on SeeSaw.

I really wish I could have gotten into it sooner, but there's nothing I can do about it obviously.

You can use torrents.
Reply 66
One thing I like best about today's episode: Karen wasn't in it :colone:

Yeah, I don't like her. :colonhash:
Original post by Miss Purple
montoya and josh are gonna do a ting! lol

but anyways.. was george sampson in it?!? whereee??? im properly baffed

plus i want to know who bex's stalker guy is

Montoya and Jonah you mean? :tongue:
George Sampson plays Kyle Stack, the troublesome teen who tried to kill Bex with the dog last week haha. And this week, Tom put him in the football team.
Bex's stalker plays the gay Gallagher in Shameless. And also plays one of the bullies in There's only one Jimmy Grimble...

:smile:
Who else had a little smile for Grantly at the end! I lovesssss him!
Awesome episode! Can't wait for next week :biggrin:
Who else had a little smile for Grantly at the end! I lovesssss him!

I did. I love Grantly! :biggrin:
Id love to rock up to my local in a tie and dickie bow like grantly did!
Original post by SAK.A
You can use torrents.

I hate torrents, I'd much rather use SeeSaw.
Reply 73
What is everyone thinking of this series new head teacher?
What do you all think to tonights installment then
Reply 75
Original post by Sazzy890
What is everyone thinking of this series new head teacher?

I like her! I like the mystery surrounding her daughter. It's probably prostitution or something, but I think it's a good storyline so far.

What do you all think to tonights installment then

It was ok but that Nate boy is such a bad actor. It was awkward to watch in certain bits :/
Reply 76
Miss Montoya... I would
Reply 77
I'm almost certain the guy punched Tom on the opposite side of the face to where the cuts were
Reply 78
Jonah's very easy on the eye, but they've ruined his character since they had him turn into an idiot sniffing round that little cow Jess and then Montoya!

I agree that Waterloo Road's really gone downhill. I started watching in Season 4, with Maxine, the Kellys, Chlo & Donte's baby - it was great then. I think it was still pretty good up until the likes of Steph and Bolton left, I even preferred Mason to the awful Karen. Only good thing these days is the gorgeous Chris!
Original post by Hooovan*
I like her! I like the mystery surrounding her daughter. It's probably prostitution or something, but I think it's a good storyline so far.

It was ok but that Nate boy is such a bad actor. It was awkward to watch in certain bits :/

My issue is with the name Nate, what sort of name is that!

Quick Reply

Latest