The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cyfer
As I said before. If you build tank (i.e. rushing warmogs - which is silly anyway) he has no damage.

I advise you to stay away from Mundo. Everybody knows he is not viable. The last time he was picked in competitive play was when CLG were trolling Fnatic with a regen-build then realised that Fnatic play well and lost a semi-final game.

If you do read guides, read those on solomid. They are actually written by professional players, i.e. Dyrus, Chauster, TheOddOne and co.

I disagree. It might not work at high ELO, but at my ELO (and up to about gold I have used it) if you have a bot lane or mid lane that has cc then run in with ult, and the q gives almost perma slow because its relatively low cd, and at early levels a maxed W does a ****load of dmg, especially to ad carry. I often buy Heart of Gold, boots (usually treads but sometimes ganking boots) then either belt or ruby crystal with oracle. You can really babysit a lane and give kills that way.
Original post by cyfer
As I said before. If you build tank (i.e. rushing warmogs - which is silly anyway) he has no damage.

I advise you to stay away from Mundo. Everybody knows he is not viable. The last time he was picked in competitive play was when CLG were trolling Fnatic with a regen-build then realised that Fnatic play well and lost a semi-final game.

If you do read guides, read those on solomid. They are actually written by professional players, i.e. Dyrus, Chauster, TheOddOne and co.

You really don't know how to play mundo if you think he does no damage.

Max E second (slow on Q is the same at rank 1), and that's a free 1-2 bloodthirsters, depending on your health. This allows you to build warmogs very e arly (ninja tabi>HoG>spirit visage>warmogs) and still do damage that cannot be ignored.

If you think you need an IE on mundo to do damage I'd be slightly concerned. Wits end as a 5th item or frozen mallet instead of warmogs is all the extra damage you will ever need.
I've only tried WW in top lane once, I was against sion and with ganks I lost the lane pretty fast ;<. It really depends who's he against, he has really good sustain so he's got an advantage from that perspective, but he can get harassed really easily.

My favourite way to play WW is as a Jungler, with no madreds. It only really works if I get a leash on blue, but I start with a ward + health pot + boots, then at 650 recall for boots of mobility. Then I build wits end and a frozen mallet, then get some CDR + bloodrazor. Warwick is an amazing ganker with mobility boots but I find him to be weak in team fights without getting on hit items ;p.
Reply 2023
I'm not going to comment any longer on Mundo unless somebody can show me videos of him having been used successfully in competitive play (5 v 5 arranged teams competing for a cash prize).

In addition if you check the theorycrafting, Rammus is the only viable tank to put warmogs on as 3k hp only balances out with diminishing returns of Ar/Mr at around 170 Ar and Mr. This is because ignite is the most common spell in the game, and you can be sure if you're playing draft they're going to pile it up in buckets. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of heal-cutting abilities out there.

Also, if you're managing to get off a complete R on the enemy carry along with two Qs, something is very wrong with the enemy team.
flash is the most common spell
Reply 2025
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
flash is the most common spell

Sorry my mistake. Ignite is the second most common.
I love Mundo. Boots > mog > atmas > 3 more mog.

:awesome:
Original post by cyfer
I'm not going to comment any longer on Mundo unless somebody can show me videos of him having been used successfully in competitive play (5 v 5 arranged teams competing for a cash prize).

In addition if you check the theorycrafting, Rammus is the only viable tank to put warmogs on as 3k hp only balances out with diminishing returns of Ar/Mr at around 170 Ar and Mr. This is because ignite is the most common spell in the game, and you can be sure if you're playing draft they're going to pile it up in buckets. Not to mention the ridiculous amount of heal-cutting abilities out there.

Also, if you're managing to get off a complete R on the enemy carry along with two Qs, something is very wrong with the enemy team.

When was the last time you saw shaco in a tournament? Yet he has one of the highest SoloQ win rates. Same applies to Amumu, Fiddlesticks, etc.

Do not compare professional, organised and well practised teams to soloQ.

And finally, if you think resistances give diminishing returns, you're wrong. As you gain resistances, your effective HP increases, so future resistances give as much return as ever.

Edit: As for ignite, buy a QSS.
Reply 2028
Original post by Matthew P
When was the last time you saw shaco in a tournament? Yet he has one of the highest SoloQ win rates. Same applies to Amumu, Fiddlesticks, etc.

Do not compare professional, organised and well practised teams to soloQ.

And finally, if you think resistances give diminishing returns, you're wrong. As you gain resistances, your effective HP increases, so future resistances give as much return as ever.

Edit: As for ignite, buy a QSS.

If the mathematics underlying mitigation in LoL work in the same way as pretty much every other game then effective HP plotted against resistance would be a straight line of y = x. I.e. effective health scales exactly linearly with resistances!

This is because resistances themselves are stronger for each point on the stack (e.g going from 0-50% mitigation gives the exact same relative damage reduction as the 1% between 98% and 99% mitigation). To combat this being OP as **** you get diminishing returns, so going from 98 - 99 will be harder than going from 0-50.

You can do the mathematics to work out the value of HP:Mitigation exactly if you wanted to minmax whether item x would be better than item y in terms of effective hp gain.

Edit: this wasn't supposed to be aimed at you Matthew P, was meant for cyfer. But like, rammus is the biggest example of people buying the wrong items. Every time I see a thornmail on Rammus I cry a little inside for Humanity
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cyfer

That guide danny posted is by Malunoo who is Curse EU's Jungler.

I don't get what it is about league that make people think that TSM is the only 'professional' team.

The only guide site i'd recommend people stay away from is Mobafire. Most of the teams have their own sites which are all equally good.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2030

No. Every time you gain armour, it gives less percentage of physical damage resisted, so buying 200 armour if you already have 200 is far, far less effective than buying 200 armour if you have 0 in the first place.

If you are really stubborn, then why don't you try running around with nothing but two thornmails, two FoN and some boots? It's just very, very silly.

@cambo: Fair enough, although TSM has that position because it has a long history of being a very good team.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cyfer
No. Every time you gain armour, it gives less percentage of physical damage resisted, so buying 200 armour if you already have 200 is far, far less effective than buying 200 armour if you have 0 in the first place.

If you are really stubborn, then why don't you try running around with nothing but two thornmails, two FoN and some boots? It's just very, very silly.

@cambo: Fair enough, although TSM has that position because it has a long history of being a very good team.

Also Saintvicious playing Mundo against TSM right now at MLG :tongue:
Reply 2032
Original post by cambo211
Also Saintvicious playing Mundo against TSM right now at MLG :tongue:

Watching it :smile:
Reply 2033
What the... Janna solo top?

What is going on?
Mr BBL
Going to have a game in 5 mins or so, so add me! :smile:
Obivously some of you don't understand damage mitigation. Watch this. So annoying how people think 100 armour gives more return per gold than 200 armour.

Oh, and Dr. Mundo being used in the MLG game right now.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cyfer
What the... Janna solo top?

What is going on?

It's a thing a few players have been doing as she can cope very well in a 1v2 situation whilst providing big shields, high heals and great utility late game.

You send her against the enemy AD and support in the hope that she does better than the enemy 'top' laner does against your AD carry and support.

In this case it hasn't really worked for them. Zekent, Riots current featured streamer, does it all the time in Solo Queue.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2037
My money is on TSM

Edit: The commentators look so uncomfortable in those snazzy suits lol

Janna strategy seems to have failed imo. TSM has far, far more damage atm.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by cyfer
My money is on TSM

Edit: The commentators look so uncomfortable in those snazzy suits lol

Janna strategy seems to have failed imo. TSM has far, far more damage atm.

Part of this can probably be attributed to the fact that Pobelter isn't Curses usual top laner.

Westrice is, but he is unable to make it to this MLG.
Reply 2039
Obivously you don't understand damage mitigation. Watch this. So annoying how people think 100 armour gives more return per gold than 200 armour.

Oh, and Dr. Mundo being used in the MLG game right now.

Just try it in practice.

Edit: What does Westrice play nowadays that Akali isn't that strong?

Edit2: Is that Elementz on Curse? The years have not treated him well :P
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest