The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by M_E_X
Have we made the team yet? I've still not been added :frown:

The team is made, but I need you added as friends before I can invite, think I've sent the friend's invites now :biggrin:

My 'quotes' list managed to make a direct copy of itself overnight (ie quoted on same threads in same order) so I didn't notice you guys had been talking to me :colondollar:
Reply 281
Original post by M_E_X
I think if he's best at support, then play support. There is a lack of supports at any non-super-high ELO I think! It might be better for him to play support and help the team with warding etc than to get stuck in the "I've got to carry this myself every single game" mentality

Yes, but at his ELO the chance that his ad carry is a total nup is kind of high.

If you go mid you own your lane you get fed. You can gank top and bot trying to give top/carry the kill, at least an assist. That way you can make sure all lanes do well.

With jungle same really.
Reply 282
Original post by Quornslice
Ok, so thanks to M_E_X i'm getting a LOT better at my ward placement and remembering timings for buffs and whatnot, and my scores improved drastically! In one game I went 4/1/10 and another I went 1/0/17, both as Soraka support. The death on the first game was literally 1 second before we destroyed their nexus, so it was pretty much an ideal game.

Sweet.
Reply 283
Original post by danny111
Yes, but at his ELO the chance that his ad carry is a total nup is kind of high.

If you go mid you own your lane you get fed. You can gank top and bot trying to give top/carry the kill, at least an assist. That way you can make sure all lanes do well.

With jungle same really.

I think the "must carry every game yourself" mentality is dangerous/wrong... you can't assume that everyone else on your team will be bad. If you are at a certain ELO after playing many games, you probably deserve to be at that ELO, and are a similar standard to the people around you. You can rise by playing to your strengths - if you are a good support, then that's one way to rise.

Of course if you are HSGG or someone and you can stomp everyone every game, then fair enough do that, but otherwise I think it's best to play to your strengths (which in Quornslice case I think is support)

This is just my opinion - it's probably against "popular opinion" which is that you need to carry every game yourself, but I disagree with that. I see where you're coming from though :h:

It would be good to all play together sometime? I'll be online this evening/tonight...add me (Smilerrr) :h:
Original post by M_E_X

Me and Architecturer-er are having a couple of normals at 2. Come join in if you're free, lad. GG GG. GET CRUSHED.
Reply 285
finally got out of elo hell :biggrin:
Reply 286
Original post by irrelevance
me and architecturer-er are having a couple of normals at 2. Come join in if you're free, lad. Gg gg. Get crushed.

wongaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ok it's a date. I'll be online then !

Original post by Tut.exe
finally got out of elo hell :biggrin:

What's your ELO? I watch Dyrus getting trolled at 2100 and wonder if "ELO hell" really exists... (hint: it doesn't!)
Reply 287
Original post by M_E_X
I think the "must carry every game yourself" mentality is dangerous/wrong... you can't assume that everyone else on your team will be bad. If you are at a certain ELO after playing many games, you probably deserve to be at that ELO, and are a similar standard to the people around you. You can rise by playing to your strengths - if you are a good support, then that's one way to rise.

Of course if you are HSGG or someone and you can stomp everyone every game, then fair enough do that, but otherwise I think it's best to play to your strengths (which in Quornslice case I think is support)

This is just my opinion - it's probably against "popular opinion" which is that you need to carry every game yourself, but I disagree with that. I see where you're coming from though :h:

It would be good to all play together sometime? I'll be online this evening/tonight...add me (Smilerrr) :h:

yes.

i totally agree that on the LOL forums it is bs when people say "qq moar, carry yourself". u cant carry as well at 1k elo if ur true is 1.2k than someone whose true elo is 1.8k.

but u still have to carry yourself. in about 10 days i gained 250 ELO (i went from about 1210 to 1469, currently at 1462). that is because i jungled or mid mostly with a few ad carry in there if someone said they really want mid/jungle. one game i was 0-0-6 mid at one point. kept clearing my lane and ganking top and bot. as a support u just cant help other lanes that much if at all really.
Original post by M_E_X

Qualittteeehhhhhhhhhhhh :biggrin:
wow > lol
Original post by hihihihihi
wow > lol

In terms of quantity of content, of course. But the two aren't really comparable are they?

In terms of the competitive eSports scene (where the only similarities can be drawn) - LoL is far above WoW.
Reply 291
Original post by M_E_X

What's your ELO? I watch Dyrus getting trolled at 2100 and wonder if "ELO hell" really exists... (hint: it doesn't!)

of course there are troll people in all the rank groups, some people even if theyre good decides to just troll a game even if they have 2000+ elo.

But the tendency of you playing **** players is more likely the lower the rating. A lot of games I made my team win even though we have a retard in the team, because luckily enough theres a bigger retard in the opposite team
Ziggs is insanely fun to play.
Reply 293
Original post by cambo211

I haven't played him/vs him but he looks like a right pain. Those mines are such a bitch, if he places them exactly on you you are bound to hit 4 of them or more which is some serious dmg and slow. And that blast thing is amazing to get someone to your tower or escape ganks.
Reply 294
Original post by cambo211

I haven't played him/vs him but he looks like a right pain. Those mines are such a bitch, if he places them exactly on you you are bound to hit 4 of them or more which is some serious dmg and slow. And that blast thing is amazing to get someone to your tower or escape ganks.

Are you guys online now? Would be fun to play a few games? :h:

I'm Smilerrr in game

I spent 6100IP on Volibear a few days ago, wish I held out for Ziggs now but I've got so many AP champs (that's all they ever release) I thought I'd get bored of him quick.

Riot need to bring out a few new supports.

Volibear is damn fun though, solo top > jungle > duo lane. Would love to see peoples faces when they get me down to 2/10th bar then I double heal, bite half their health away with my W then walk away with nearly full health. :tongue:

It's a really small knockback but it's amazing for juking.

Knocks the enemy back and sends you flying in the opposite direction, run into a bush, place it wait for it to line up and you pretty much always escape.
Reply 297
I was BANNED!

About time though, I used to flame a lot. But that has gotten much less since I gained ELO and have to play with less tards.
Reply 298
I was BANNED!

About time though, I used to flame a lot. But that has gotten much less since I gained ELO and have to play with less tards.

Are you banned now? Or in the past? How long was/is it for? :lol:
Reply 299
Original post by M_E_X
Are you banned now? Or in the past? How long was/is it for? :lol:

til 06.02.12

dont know the time. kind of convenient i have an exam on the 6th so i guess no distraction. im just sad i will not get the next xmas bonus :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest