The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Architecture-er
I think Dominion will be good, but having played a similar game mode in WoW I already know that there will be some incredibly frustrating games ahead.. just because the map is more fluid than in the current 2 maps.

Might get together with my clan and try a build where all 5 of us take Clairvoyance though :biggrin:

lol might work. ever played game where the enemy team all had fortify? that was kinda annoying
Reply 41

Ahhh, when sunfire capes used to stack too
Reply 42
Yeah I play.

It's not the best game. I like it because it soaks up your time pretty easily. If you have 30-1h to kill, just start a game. I can't play more than 2/3 a day though, and never more than one in a row. Also it's player base is err... not the most mature or friendly one out there.

(Name: Old Chap, if anyone fancies a game some time :biggrin: )
:frown: Just had a game where our Lee Sin jungler raged for 20 minutes at me... I need a hugs

First I was feeding, then kill stealing..
Sigh.

Its Kill Securing not Kill Stealing.

:lol:
Reply 45
How to carry. Play Garen, spin to win. (the one defeat I was against a 2042 elo solo queue player who went like 10/0 in bottom lane - I was solo top :frown:. Even with 70% daamge reduction I couldn't tank through it lmao)

Reply 46
Original post by Lozzaa
How to carry. Play Garen, spin to win. (the one defeat I was against a 2042 elo solo queue player who went like 10/0 in bottom lane - I was solo top :frown:. Even with 70% daamge reduction I couldn't tank through it lmao)

Wow, nice! Do you play ranked? What ELO are you?
Reply 47
Original post by M_E_X
Wow, nice! Do you play ranked? What ELO are you?

You've played with me before! my highest was 1293. I'm kinda stuck in elo hell though, get around 50/50 win:loss. I'm not yet good enough to carry my way out of the elo hell bracket, (I.e. sometimes my team aren't spazzes, sometimes they are. Hence the 50:50. I'd have to be around a 1600 player to carry my way out of it, but i'm probably around 1350 atm. I'm just practicing now for season 2 with a mate though, hopefully we can get to around 1700. He's just started but is picking up fast. He was a 2.6k rated Arena player in WoW (I'd say there is crossover generally). :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by Lozzaa
You've played with me before! my highest was 1293. I'm kinda stuck in elo hell though, get around 50/50 win:loss. I'm not yet good enough to carry my way out of the elo hell bracket, (I.e. sometimes my team aren't spazzes, sometimes they are. Hence the 50:50. I'd have to be around a 1600 player to carry my way out of it, but i'm probably around 1350 atm. I'm just practicing now for season 2 with a mate though, hopefully we can get to around 1700. He's just started but is picking up fast. He was a 2.6k rated Arena player in WoW (I'd say there is crossover generally). :smile:

Oh yeah, you were that Malza...nvm

Why do you say you are "probably around 1350 atm"? What is your actual ELO right now?

e: no you weren't the Malza, that was Old Chap (James4d). What's your in game name?
Reply 49
Original post by M_E_X

Why do you say you are "probably around 1350 atm"? What is your actual ELO right now?

Terrible. 1k. It was my own fault though. I lost about 8 in a row playing with a friend who just hit level 30 without runes or anything. I kept saying "we'll play till we win, which we eventually did, but my elo dropped about 200 in one night. I've only really recently got any good though, i.e. runes myself etc. I've won the last 3 ranked games in about 20 minutes almost solo. (such as that garen win). that was just from browsing the solomid forums/reading/watching replays. I like competitive play, the normals were just to farm IP. What I meant by probably 1350 is that at 1350 i would probably still get around 50:50. I can't carry a 1k game with 1350 though if we have a bad team, which you get around 50% of the time. I mean one game our solo top went 0/6 before level 7, by which time their top laner had just become farmed to ****. And at this Elo you get the problem of "me AD carry" "no me AD carry" and end up with 2 people locking in as AD carries and going 0/10 or some bull****. You try and play whatever will suit the team but for now i'm just going to lock in as characters I know (as solomid guides advise for getting above the elo hell rating) well and I can carry with - probably a strong solo laner/AP carry/Jungler. Sometimes I wish I was on the NA servers though, the language barriers are so annoying
Reply 50
Original post by M_E_X

e: no you weren't the Malza, that was Old Chap (James4d). What's your in game name?

bobbyboyblue - Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIWcm-7pyo

Dyrus from solomid. Obviously just clips of him farmed/higher levels but he is 2.4k solo queue rated and some of the opponents are also IEM players. Just a good watch really + the music is awesome
Reply 51
Original post by Lozzaa
Terrible. 1k. It was my own fault though. I lost about 8 in a row playing with a friend who just hit level 30 without runes or anything. I kept saying "we'll play till we win, which we eventually did, but my elo dropped about 200 in one night. I've only really recently got any good though, i.e. runes myself etc. I've won the last 3 ranked games in about 20 minutes almost solo. (such as that garen win). that was just from browsing the solomid forums/reading/watching replays. I like competitive play, the normals were just to farm IP. What I meant by probably 1350 is that at 1350 i would probably still get around 50:50. I can't carry a 1k game with 1350 though if we have a bad team, which you get around 50% of the time. I mean one game our solo top went 0/6 before level 7, by which time their top laner had just become farmed to ****. And at this Elo you get the problem of "me AD carry" "no me AD carry" and end up with 2 people locking in as AD carries and going 0/10 or some bull****. You try and play whatever will suit the team but for now i'm just going to lock in as characters I know (as solomid guides advise for getting above the elo hell rating) well and I can carry with - probably a strong solo laner/AP carry/Jungler. Sometimes I wish I was on the NA servers though, the language barriers are so annoying

I heard there is less of a language barrier on EU East, as all the Scandinavians speak English so well...

What was your IGN again? We can play some normals sometime if you like
Reply 52
Original post by Lozzaa
bobbyboyblue - Also,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VIWcm-7pyo

Dyrus from solomid. Obviously just clips of him farmed/higher levels but he is 2.4k solo queue rated and some of the opponents are also IEM players. Just a good watch really + the music is awesome

Ohh yeah, we've played together before, I remember now :smile:

I'll give the vid a watch after the footy, thanks.

e: weren't you the guy with internet trouble? Random disconnects/lags etc?
Reply 53
Original post by M_E_X
Ohh yeah, we've played together before, I remember now :smile:

I'll give the vid a watch after the footy, thanks.

e: weren't you the guy with internet trouble? Random disconnects/lags etc?

Nah. my internet is pretty stable (I use wired not wireless for that reason :wink: )
Reply 54
so i've been playing lol for a while now and was quite psyched over still being able to play on my mac, however four days ago they took down the mac beta testing client leaving me unable to play any longer in the UK. Anyone able to provide an alternate solution to this problem/know how installing Wine (or whatever it's called) on mac works? it would suck to be unable to play after finally hitting 1830elo =(
Reply 55
Original post by Ringo
so i've been playing lol for a while now and was quite psyched over still being able to play on my mac, however four days ago they took down the mac beta testing client leaving me unable to play any longer in the UK. Anyone able to provide an alternate solution to this problem/know how installing Wine (or whatever it's called) on mac works? it would suck to be unable to play after finally hitting 1830elo =(

You could try bootcamp? WINE is mainly for Linux isn't it? I thought most "mac" gamers just ran bootcamp. Tbf most linux guys I know have a windows OS too for games. Just saying ^_^
Reply 56
Original post by M_E_X
I heard there is less of a language barrier on EU East, as all the Scandinavians speak English so well...

What was your IGN again? We can play some normals sometime if you like

This I what I mean by Elo hell:

I was Garen solo top. I got first blood, I nearly got tower but the other ****ing morons just couldn't do ****. I was pinging the map to retreat and everything. Garen unfortunately cannot carry late game, even though we should have won that hands down. I had the highest creep score as well. It's ****ing BS.
Reply 57
Original post by Lozzaa
This I what I mean by Elo hell:

I was Garen solo top. I got first blood, I nearly got tower but the other ****ing morons just couldn't do ****. I was pinging the map to retreat and everything. Garen unfortunately cannot carry late game, even though we should have won that hands down. I had the highest creep score as well. It's ****ing BS.

Hmm, I'm not sure if ELO hell really exists. Plenty of times I've had leavers or noobs on my time, but l more times they are on the enemy team: I just don't take note of it as much. I think you're more likely to remember the times you got screwed over than the times you benefited from such things.

The way I think of it...there are 5 slots on the enemy team for a leaver/noob, and only four slots on my team. So in the long run, if I don't leave/be a noob, I'll climb ELO (which I am doing :h:)

e: I'm currently 1279 ELO, won 122 ranked games and lost 112. Averages: kills 6.0, deaths 5.5, assists 8.9, 125 minion kills. (with Caitlin and Orianna, my two mains, my minion kills are 185 and 172 respectively)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 58
Original post by M_E_X
Hmm, I'm not sure if ELO hell really exists. Plenty of times I've had leavers or noobs on my time, but l more times they are on the enemy team: I just don't take note of it as much. I think you're more likely to remember the times you got screwed over than the times you benefited from such things.

The way I think of it...there are 5 slots on the enemy team for a leaver/noob, and only four slots on my team. So in the long run, if I don't leave/be a noob, I'll climb ELO (which I am doing :h:)

you're right. but there was a guide on solomid I think somewhere, saying to genuinely climb out of elo hell you have to be around 400/500 above where you're at to "carry" a game where you have a spaz, which is lets say 50:50 (some games they have one, some games you do). Now, if you've played 200 games and are actually at 1200 elo, then you are probably meant to be around there, and are actaully around 1000-1400 elo (it goes either way). If you're 1700 elo, you will climb out of the elo hell bracket where you no longer have prawns who lock in as AP ashe or something. I mean, some of it >IS< my fault for inviting friends into ranked games who don't have runes at all etc or experience. But even still, it's annoying.
Reply 59
Original post by Ringo

http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=132051

This should help you :h:

Also if you're 1830 give me some tips sometime please? I'm about 1280 at the moment, been playing for quite a while, i think I'm just missing one or two obivous things to help me improve a bit. If you have a spare hour or so sometime we could play some games and you could give me some tips? (they can be normals so you don't risk your ELO if you like :tongue:)

Quick Reply

Latest