The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by M_E_X
Hmm, I'm not sure if ELO hell really exists. Plenty of times I've had leavers or noobs on my time, but l more times they are on the enemy team: I just don't take note of it as much. I think you're more likely to remember the times you got screwed over than the times you benefited from such things.

The way I think of it...there are 5 slots on the enemy team for a leaver/noob, and only four slots on my team. So in the long run, if I don't leave/be a noob, I'll climb ELO (which I am doing :h:)

e: I'm currently 1279 ELO, won 122 ranked games and lost 112. Averages: kills 6.0, deaths 5.5, assists 8.9, 125 minion kills. (with Caitlin and Orianna, my two mains, my minion kills are 185 and 172 respectively)

I think I will climb out of it, as I only just got "good" - I got coached of a mate who was platinum in beta and has just started again. He is also 2.6k in WoW arena, so a pretty good gamer all around. :smile:
Reply 61
Original post by Lozzaa
you're right. but there was a guide on solomid I think somewhere, saying to genuinely climb out of elo hell you have to be around 400/500 above where you're at to "carry" a game where you have a spaz, which is lets say 50:50 (some games they have one, some games you do). Now, if you've played 200 games and are actually at 1200 elo, then you are probably meant to be around there, and are actaully around 1000-1400 elo (it goes either way). If you're 1700 elo, you will climb out of the elo hell bracket where you no longer have prawns who lock in as AP ashe or something. I mean, some of it >IS< my fault for inviting friends into ranked games who don't have runes at all etc or experience. But even still, it's annoying.

You don't have to carry every game, as long as you win more than 50% of your games you will climb. You can play a support, a tank, anything...you don't have to carry every time.

Why don't you play some ranked games tonight, as solo, and see how you get on? If you're meant to be 1350 surely you will climb out of the 1k region...
Reply 62
Original post by Lozzaa
I think I will climb out of it, as I only just got "good" - I got coached of a mate who was platinum in beta and has just started again. He is also 2.6k in WoW arena, so a pretty good gamer all around. :smile:

Did you say you're going to duo queue with him? Duo queuing is definitely a good way to get carried to high ELO, if you are the lower ELO guy :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by M_E_X
You don't have to carry every game, as long as you win more than 50% of your games you will climb. You can play a support, a tank, anything...you don't have to carry every time.

Why don't you play some ranked games tonight, as solo, and see how you get on? If you're meant to be 1350 surely you will climb out of the 1k region...

That's what I intend to do :smile: I've only played 3 (the ones you can see in that pic, and I think my KDA is probably over 20:1) since he coached me. Before then I was just playing normals with him. It's funny, he has no masteries/runes, yet yesterday he beat a 1500 elo player in mid (stalked his/her profile after the game) because he was whining about his team even though he himself failed and my mate was level 12. Lmao.
Reply 64
Original post by M_E_X
Did you say you're going to duo queue with him? Duo queuing is definitely a good way to get carried to high ELO, if you are the lower ELO guy :smile:

well he wants to queue with me for season 2, yeah. He is on triple xp/ip atm so he can get runes/levels quick!
Reply 65
Original post by Lozzaa
That's what I intend to do :smile: I've only played 3 (the ones you can see in that pic, and I think my KDA is probably over 20:1) since he coached me. Before then I was just playing normals with him. It's funny, he has no masteries/runes, yet yesterday he beat a 1500 elo player in mid (stalked his/her profile after the game) because he was whining about his team even though he himself failed and my mate was level 12. Lmao.

He sounds really good :h: You should definitely play with him, you'd probably learn a lot from him!

See you soon
Reply 66
Original post by Lozzaa
well he wants to queue with me for season 2, yeah. He is on triple xp/ip atm so he can get runes/levels quick!

My friend is too, but he doesn't know how he got the xp boost, do you?
Reply 67
Original post by danny111
My friend is too, but he doesn't know how he got the xp boost, do you?

You have to pay for it with real money. You can stack the per win and time to get 3 x
Reply 68
Original post by M_E_X
http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=132051

This should help you :h:

Also if you're 1830 give me some tips sometime please? I'm about 1280 at the moment, been playing for quite a while, i think I'm just missing one or two obivous things to help me improve a bit. If you have a spare hour or so sometime we could play some games and you could give me some tips? (they can be normals so you don't risk your ELO if you like :tongue:)

hehe, i'd love to as soon as i figure out how to get the game working. i play in EU West, and will hopefully have the game running in a week at the latest.
Original post by barrister_2000
my friend tells me about this game NON STOP! How good is it really? :confused:

i can relate to this.
Reply 70
Add me on LoL : TakeNotezZ
I play Ezreal, Riven, Lux & Kata :smile:
Hey everyone!! add me!! :P
IGN : DyingDream
i've just about reached 1600 games
elo: 1140(Elo hell wont let me go..)
Champions i can play: Blitz Jax Orianna Lux cait taric soraka kennen Riven wukong jarvan and ezreal
Reply 72
Original post by Ringo
hehe, i'd love to as soon as i figure out how to get the game working. i play in EU West, and will hopefully have the game running in a week at the latest.

Any progress getting it working? :h:
Reply 73
Original post by MarvinYeung
Hey everyone!! add me!! :P
IGN : DyingDream
i've just about reached 1600 games
elo: 1140(Elo hell wont let me go..)
Champions i can play: Blitz Jax Orianna Lux cait taric soraka kennen Riven wukong jarvan and ezreal

You >can< escape elo hell. I went from 900-1185 in one day (I haven't played season 2 yet) with a 9-2-7 KDA as Garen (and a similar one as vlad). Just watch some solomid livestreams (people like dyrus) and you'll realise how "easy" LoL actually is. Elo hell obviously does exist - I have gone 12-0-5 and won top lane and lost games, but going from 900-1185 in a day (I think I lost 2 out of 12 games in one day) shows rapid progession - I only stopped as Season 2 came out and now it's been down. Also, pick a champion who can genuinely carry/faceroll. This is "elementz" tier list for the best carrying champions currently:

by Elementz on Monday, September 19th 2011 - 15:13 / 804 Views /
*Tier 1 - Morgana, Karthus, Lee Sin, Brand, Akali, Kassadin,, Caitlyn, Kennen, Nocturne, Garen, Fiddlesticks, Annie, Irelia, Casseopia, Renekton, Cho'Gath, Ashe, Vayne, Gangplank, Vlad, Malzahar, Rumble, Singed, Pantheon, Soraka,Twisted Fate, Amumu, Nidalee

* Tier 2 - Orianna, Tristana, Teemo, Taric, Alistar, Udyr, Urgot, Tryndamere, Kog’Maw, Talon, Corki, Ryze, Jax, Nasus, Xin Zhao, Mordekaiser, Shaco, Maokai, Rammus, Sion, Lux, Zilean, Gragas, Warwick, Trundle, Galio, Miss Fortune, Janna, Ezreal, Anivia, Mundo

This obviously differs from 5 v 5 games, but for solo queue, that's what he'd recommened. and Watch the livestreams, as I said. There are 2.4k elo players who have negative KDA ratios. It's just about knowing the game. Typically solo queue games end around the 25 minute mark, which is why strong early game champs (such as Garen) who may indeed be **** late game tend to shine.

Edit: that 9-2-7 KDA was over 20 games too, it wasn't just "one" good game. Ok Garen and vlad can both kill steal like mother****ers, but it's still a good average :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by M_E_X
Any progress getting it working? :h:

yeppers, she's up and running. i'm eu west btw.

username: apotheosis
Reply 75
Original post by Ringo
yeppers, she's up and running. i'm eu west btw.

username: apotheosis

I'm glad you got it working, I'll add you (I'm Smilerrr). It would be fun to play a few games (just normals) sometime, it would be awesome to get some tips off you - with your high ELO there are probably some things which are obvious to you but I just don't appreciate.

e: What was your ELO at the end of season 1 by the way?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 76
do not play a game of dominion without an akali on yourteam. and yi i reckon will make a comeback.
Reply 77
Original post by Lozzaa
one game till i've got my silver badge for season 2! 1376 atm, aiming for 1500 tonight :smile: (1400 is the silver badge) Told you to watch the livestreams!

edit: 1415 now, woop!

second edit: 1502. And here I stop for tonight (1520 is gold badge though!)

No more elo hell for me!

Nice job! :h: I think gold is the top 3% of players, if you can stay there you know you are one of the top few players - well done!
Reply 78
Original post by M_E_X
Nice job! :h: I think gold is the top 3% of players, if you can stay there you know you are one of the top few players - well done!

Yeah,

Bronze: (Top 25%) - Between 1249 and 1399 (3v3: 1249-1409, pre-made 5v5: 1249-1409)
Silver: (Top 10%) - Between 1400 and 1519 (3v3: 1410-1489, pre-made 5v5: 1410-1499)
Gold: (Top 3%) Between 1520 and 1899 (3v3: 1490-1699, pre-made 5v5: 1500-1749)
Platinum: (Top 0.2%) 1900 and above (3v3: 1700+, pre-made 5v5: 1750+)

Apparently!
Reply 79
Original post by M_E_X
I'm glad you got it working, I'll add you (I'm Smilerrr). It would be fun to play a few games (just normals) sometime, it would be awesome to get some tips off you - with your high ELO there are probably some things which are obvious to you but I just don't appreciate.

e: What was your ELO at the end of season 1 by the way?

1826, added you. see you in the field of justice!

Quick Reply

Latest