The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Ringo
1826, added you. see you in the field of justice!

Doesn't say you were 1826? Apotheosis, right?
Reply 81
Original post by M_E_X
Nice job! :h: I think gold is the top 3% of players, if you can stay there you know you are one of the top few players - well done!

I never get angry in LoL, but I did my last game lmao. When you go 3/0/3 and destroy two turrets top lane, you expect to win the game. But no, people roam around for ganks rather than push their lanes and end up doing nothing useful (that's one of the key things I've learnt in this). Like, LoL is pretty easy really. Everyone knows abilities/what to do/how to "play" but it's things like when i was around the 1100 mark i'd roam around ganking thinking I was playing "good" because I was 6/0/5 or whatever. Yet now, as Karthus, I've played 8 games with 100% win ratio yet a score thats not as "impressive" (majorly so on creep kills though, got over 500 in one game). Now I know when suiciding is ok etc etc. E.g. 2 deaths for a turret is worth it provided they don't have a creep wave to counter push (or it's early game/the others can def). A turret is worth more than dragon etc etc.

The biggest thing i've learnt is that though. Towers win games. Not kills.
Reply 82
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vKROkC-rQ

- he has a live stream on own3d.tv too. There are a few good ones. Generally pick someone who you like and just watch their streams as they do 2.2 k + elo random solo queue!
Reply 83
Original post by Lozzaa
Doesn't say you were 1826? Apotheosis, right?

His in game name is Ríngo (that's the account he added me off, it's ctrl+alt+i to get an í symbol)

Original post by Lozzaa
I never get angry in LoL, but I did my last game lmao. When you go 3/0/3 and destroy two turrets top lane, you expect to win the game. But no, people roam around for ganks rather than push their lanes and end up doing nothing useful (that's one of the key things I've learnt in this). Like, LoL is pretty easy really. Everyone knows abilities/what to do/how to "play" but it's things like when i was around the 1100 mark i'd roam around ganking thinking I was playing "good" because I was 6/0/5 or whatever. Yet now, as Karthus, I've played 8 games with 100% win ratio yet a score thats not as "impressive" (majorly so on creep kills though, got over 500 in one game). Now I know when suiciding is ok etc etc. E.g. 2 deaths for a turret is worth it provided they don't have a creep wave to counter push (or it's early game/the others can def). A turret is worth more than dragon etc etc.

The biggest thing i've learnt is that though. Towers win games. Not kills.

Yeah, it's so frustrating sometimes :frown: Sometimes I feel like I'd rather play a game where my actions have a more direct impact on the game, less dependent on team-mates (which in soloqueue is literally luck who you get)
Reply 84
Original post by M_E_X
His in game name is Ríngo (that's the account he added me off, it's ctrl+alt+i to get an í symbol)

Yeah, it's so frustrating sometimes :frown: Sometimes I feel like I'd rather play a game where my actions have a more direct impact on the game, less dependent on team-mates (which in soloqueue is literally luck who you get)

Well yeah and atm it's more random than ever due to the reset. However over the course of enough games you will end up at your deserved elo or close to it, it's forgiving in THAT regard. But I know what you mean. I rarely get angry but I was close to thinking "wtf are you guys doing" in that game.

edit:
Ringo

Added you, bobbyboyblue is my user
(edited 12 years ago)
Just saw the dominion update is out.

Re-installing the game now to give it a go. :smile: Anyone played yet?
Reply 86
Original post by Cupid Stunt
Just saw the dominion update is out.

Re-installing the game now to give it a go. :smile: Anyone played yet?

I've played in the betas a little bit (they opened it up to the public for a few hours at a time sometimes), it seemed fun but it's very different to summers rift. It's basically Arathi Basin off WoW if you remember that.
Reply 87
Dominion sucks. It promotes hybrid builds and movement speed making certain champs only very adept at it. (jax and noc especially) oh and individual skill means close to nothing as its a veritable cluster****.
Screw you I'm guna enjoy it anyway.

noob.
Reply 89
Original post by Ringo
Dominion sucks. It promotes hybrid builds and movement speed making certain champs only very adept at it. (jax and noc especially) oh and individual skill means close to nothing as its a veritable cluster****.

More or less sums it up. Games generally consist of AD champions since Dominion promotes a "quick, burst down and go" play-style. Also, the champion balance is absurd to the point that a game when one team has Rammus and the other team doesn't is game breaking.

Still, better then Twisted Tree and is nice to have a change ever now and then. Can't complain so much about having options. :smile:
No Dominion for me, Plymouth university blocked all the ports.
Reply 91
Original post by harmlessweapon
No Dominion for me, Plymouth university blocked all the ports.

How come?
Reply 92
Yeah i'll play!! =D Can't stand some of the people i get matched with, mainly play karma or lee sin i also try to play Orianna when i can when the teams i am with actually have a decent composition for once.
Original post by Zellight
How come?

Peculiar accommodation policy, we get port 80 from 7am to 7pm and "approved applications" after 7pm, that includes steam and battle.net but not LoL.
Reply 94
Original post by Ringo

There' no established meta game yet but you're right. jax owns at it because he's OP for 1 v 1/1 v 2. That being said, I think it has potential.
Reply 95
Hey guys,
I've just finished my ten placement games in S2, I'm 1399 ELO, which is the highest I've ever been :redface:..

http://i.imgur.com/khTyr.jpg

I hope you're all doing well!
(edited 12 years ago)
any 1 want to play with me.. and give me some friendly tips? im new.. although im doing quite good etc
Reply 97
Original post by shadow12345
any 1 want to play with me.. and give me some friendly tips? im new.. although im doing quite good etc

I'll be able to help you out, if you have Skype, I will definitely be able to teach you a few things. How new are you? A great starting tip is to try to play all ten free champions each week at least once each, you can't even start to get 'good' at this game until you know what every champion does and how to counter them. The best way to learn a champions weaknesses is to play as that champion!

I'm on mostly in the evenings, 7-11 or so (but only from 9-11 tonight probably, badminton)
ah thanks... i would be definitely up for that

also i played as a champion and i really liked that one... but i cant find him on the list again? he was the one that in a way is a warrior... where one of his spells is the spinning around of the sword...

forgot what he was called... but everytime i go against other human beings he doesn't come up for me to pick
Reply 99
Original post by shadow12345
ah thanks... i would be definitely up for that

also i played as a champion and i really liked that one... but i cant find him on the list again? he was the one that in a way is a warrior... where one of his spells is the spinning around of the sword...

forgot what he was called... but everytime i go against other human beings he doesn't come up for me to pick

probably garen if his sword was huge. wukong also spins but he has a staff. the newish champ riven also has a sword thing and her fighting animation are wild too, but pretty sure you mean garen not her.

he doesnt come up because probably he is out of the free champ rotation now and you havent bought him.

Quick Reply

Latest