Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

League of Legends thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness in in to the final 16! The group winners battle it out for the overall title! 15-07-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carehow)
    Had 2 good games with Ashe! (11/0/12, 7/3/5) She's my favourite champion. Even though I suck with her. Lots.

The first because my boyfriend came round, brought his laptop, after the mandatory bf/gf crap we booted up LoL, and he went as Taric with me as Ashe, telling me whenever I did something wrong. (Yep we're sad... :getmecoat: )

The second because I got matchmade (in normal!) with a very good Sona, and the boyfriend was playing Lee Sin jungler this time and helping me out with ganks whenever I was in a rough spot.
    :lol: haha. Let's not both with any of that, let's just get straight on to LoL! Haha...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carehow)
    The second because I got matchmade (in normal!) with a very good Sona, and the boyfriend was playing Lee Sin jungler this time and helping me out with ganks whenever I was in a rough spot.
    :lol: Brilliant, but risky - everyone seems to blame the jungler when they lose :lol:
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just had a fun game. Was my first time as GP and I did averagely (14/8/11 or something) which is fine for a first time. The funny thing is that I won us the game. I was the only one up from an ace and they were tearing towards our base so I checked their base and realized many of our minions were there but their defender would kill them all in time so I used my ultimate around the nexus to clear them out and they just about killed it ^^

I love globals.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea what's going on.... I've lost 9 out of my last 10 games..

Some have leavers, some feeders, but most are just lost to us having crap teamfights

Sometimes I win lane, sometimes I get ganked too much (when playing mid) and lose it, but I just can't work out why I've had such a massive string of bad luck! To put in perspective, I've won more games than I've lost, so if it's 50% chance to win my probability of reaching this losing streak is under 1% now...

Really just fed up at the moment :sadnod:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurol)
    Sorry if it's been brought up already, but how are people finding Lulu?
    I didn't buy her, but what I've seen she doesn't seem to be very good. If the bot lane realises, they can harass tons and simply out-heal them, since she's squishy and can't heal.

She's less safe than most supports, imo, very easy to either dominate lane or get completely wrecked, but she can be so useful in teamfights with that buff and aoe knock-up
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Architecture-er)
    I have no idea what's going on.... I've lost 9 out of my last 10 games..

Some have leavers, some feeders, but most are just lost to us having crap teamfights

Sometimes I win lane, sometimes I get ganked too much (when playing mid) and lose it, but I just can't work out why I've had such a massive string of bad luck! To put in perspective, I've won more games than I've lost, so if it's 50% chance to win my probability of reaching this losing streak is under 1% now...

Really just fed up at the moment :sadnod:
    Trust me when I say it happens to all of us. :console:

Best thing you can do after a losing streak is just shrug it off (taking into account mistakes that you can take upon board for future cases to amend) and stop playing for the day to take your mind off all these negative thoughts.
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Trust me when I say it happens to all of us. :console:

Best thing you can do after a losing streak is just shrug it off (taking into account mistakes that you can take upon board for future cases to amend) and stop playing for the day to take your mind off all these negative thoughts.
    Yeah I guess.. It's been three days straight now though.

Guess the longer the losing streak, the longer the following win streak, right!
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think I shall buy and learn GP next.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did a 1v1 as Urgot yesterday, and as my first game with urgot and first 1v1 ever I think a 5/4 score wasn't that bad! The other guy won though, but my GOD is urgot powerful. I'm now stuck between him and Vayne for buying next, and whoever I choose, I will probably learn to AD Carry with.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I think I shall buy and learn GP next.
    Good idea! He is my best champion. On my main (gold ELO) I have 8 wins, 1 loss with GP, playing as both solo top and jungle. If you want any tips let me know BUILD HIM TANKY!!

(Original post by Quornslice)
    Did a 1v1 as Urgot yesterday, and as my first game with urgot and first 1v1 ever I think a 5/4 score wasn't that bad! The other guy won though, but my got is urgot powerful. I'm now stuck between him and Vayne for buying next, and whoever I choose, I will probably learn to AD Carry with.
    If you want a "true" AD carry, buy Vayne! Urgot is a bit different becaue he's very good early on but doesn't do much damage late game (relative to Ashe, Vayne, etc), and people normally build him quite tanky due to his ult. People normally build manamune and frozen heart, that sort of thing, on Urgot.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    If you want a "true" AD carry, buy Vayne! Urgot is a bit different becaue he's very good early on but doesn't do much damage late game (relative to Ashe, Vayne, etc), and people normally build him quite tanky due to his ult. People normally build manamune and frozen heart, that sort of thing, on Urgot.
    Thats why I was stuck. Urgot is great for facerolling if you get a couple of early kills, but if you get stomped early game, it's pretty hard to come back as him. I love vayne too, and though it's harder to start off early game, she can destroy late game, because under a full item build she is amazing! I think I will get vayne with RP, then save my IP for urgot, because he's only 3150 whereas vayne is 6300.
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Good idea! He is my best champion. On my main (gold ELO) I have 8 wins, 1 loss with GP, playing as both solo top and jungle. If you want any tips let me know BUILD HIM TANKY!!

I find him weak early on in the jungle with a slow clear time which means I can't gank much at all. How do you tend to build him in lane and in jungle? I go wriggles > Boots > Trin Force > then it depends
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy__power)
    I find him weak early on in the jungle with a slow clear time which means I can't gank much at all. How do you tend to build him in lane and in jungle? I go wriggles > Boots > Trin Force > then it depends
    I'd almost always build fr mallet or warmogs instead of triforce!

In the jungle I'd build at least one gp5 on him. You can gank at level 2 as you have a slow from your Q and autoattacks, and a speedboost for your allies with E.

Crucial point: He's a slow jungler which should mean more ganks (as less time spent trying to farm), not less ganks! If you have a slow jungler then play him as a ganker, not a farmer. That's really important!
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    I'd almost always build fr mallet or warmogs instead of triforce!

In the jungle I'd build at least one gp5 on him. You can gank at level 2 as you have a slow from your Q and autoattacks, and a speedboost for your allies with E.

Crucial point: He's a slow jungler which should mean more ganks (as less time spent trying to farm), not less ganks! If you have a slow jungler then play him as a ganker, not a farmer. That's really important!
    I guess I will have to get used to the different style then as I'm used to farming until ult and then looking for ganks.

I have to admit I prefer the fast junglers.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, ELO Hell. -.- Just had an AD kennen who didn't know how to play AD Kennen, Mid lane Anivia who was actually good, and a Jungle Lee and Fiora who fed their top-lane Garen. -.- I got 0/3/9 on Soraka, was constantly warding and healing, so not my fault we lost that one -.-
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quornslice)
    Ugh, ELO Hell. -.- Just had an AD kennen who didn't know how to play AD Kennen, Mid lane Anivia who was actually good, and a Jungle Lee and Fiora who fed their top-lane Garen. -.- I got 0/3/9 on Soraka, was constantly warding and healing, so not my fault we lost that one -.-
    Need to pick a better support to carry with.

Janna, Alistar & Lulu are supports who are consistently good with strong synergy with some AD range carries (Alistar/Vayne for instance). Having a prominent presence in team-fights be it mid-game Dragon fight or late-game Baron contest is important in order to carry as support.

Don't get me wrong, Soraka is a good pick in certain cases with a lengthy silence that is severely underrated and causes a diminishing effect on these who combo oriented (Ryze, Anivia, Malzahar etc). Along with powerhouse heals needless to say. Just difficult to carry games with her as she makes the laning phase a lot more passive (meaning your even more reliant on the AD carry not being incompetent in csing) and hard to score kills.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurvan)
    Need to pick a better support to carry with.

Janna, Alistar & Lulu are supports who are consistently good with strong synergy with some AD range carries (Alistar/Vayne for instance). Having a prominent presence in team-fights be it mid-game Dragon fight or late-game Baron contest is important in order to carry as support.

Don't get me wrong, Soraka is a good pick in certain cases with a lengthy silence that is severely underrated and causes a diminishing effect on these who combo oriented (Ryze, Anivia, Malzahar etc). Along with powerhouse heals needless to say. Just difficult to carry games with her as she makes the laning phase a lot more passive (meaning your even more reliant on the AD carry not being incompetent in csing) and hard to score kills.
    Well i'm a Jungle Xin by heart, so i don't have that wide a range of supports I can play. I can Soraka and Taric pretty effectively, but that's pretty much it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apart from League of Legends, what other video games does everyone like?
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    None, really. Not much of a gamer. I do play Fifa with mates a lot though.
    • 77 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was just raged at for farming when team fights were happening on the other side of the map. :facepalm2:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 29, 2014
New on TSR

Your favourite film of the year?

For you personally what has been the best 2014 movie

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.