The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matthew P
I think throwing is the worst thing to do in a game.

Trolling/feeding just because you don't wan to play any more is pretty selfish too. The other 4 people might want to win still (you can comeback from anything, look at CLG.EU vs M5 - they pulled back from being 30k gold down).

I really hate that example and that was only possible because they had anivia who clears a creep wave immediately can AOE stun at the tower. And because those guys can all play. Really well.

I think I fed on purpose one game because I was mad. I start trolling people because it pisses them off as much as their feeding pisses me off. It is not selfish, feeding ur lane is selfish. I was bot versus cait and taric and had a crap support. I did not die for the first 10 minutes because I played it safe missed creeps rather than be stunned and killed. And from under-farming you can come back. But when a player whines that he really wants Ahri then fails, in every way (feeding, not following enemy mid, missing easy taunts) then I also think why should I try and give this noob ELO?
I have won lost games by getting a good ace 50m in before, I hate kids who feed on purpose.
Original post by danny111
Guys what do you think about throwing a game?

I often start trolling if my team doesn't want to surrender and continue feeding. I mean it's just a game I might as well enjoy myself so if there's some derps on your team why not troll them? I usually get flamed for it by some guy saying "OMG MUST FIGHT TO THE BITTER END". I always think, well its just 1 game out of how many you play and you take it so seriously?

What you guys think?

I troll if they flame. I always give one very clear warning though and then after that every time someone flames I give the other team a kill.

I remember one game I had ten kills by like 20 minutes with Wukong and was just killing everyone basically when our tryn span in and stole the red buff from me on purpose so I proceeded to refuse to enter any fight he was in until he apologised :lol:

I don't really enjoy the game unless I'm playing with people I know - I spend half my time giving people lectures on what does and does not constitute luck. The game is just full of ***** and if we are going to be honest it is much more fun annoying them and seeing how many times they say "OMG".
Nothing wrong with just muting people?

I hate people who ruin the game for the entire team just because they don't get along with one person. Either stupid in the brain or under 15.
Original post by paddy__power
I troll if they flame. I always give one very clear warning though and then after that every time someone flames I give the other team a kill.

I remember one game I had ten kills by like 20 minutes with Wukong and was just killing everyone basically when our tryn span in and stole the red buff from me on purpose so I proceeded to refuse to enter any fight he was in until he apologised :lol:

I don't really enjoy the game unless I'm playing with people I know - I spend half my time giving people lectures on what does and does not constitute luck. The game is just full of ***** and if we are going to be honest it is much more fun annoying them and seeing how many times they say "OMG".

I KNOW!

So funny when the people start raging.
I KNOW!

So funny when the people start raging.

I do it in ranked as well and it does not help my ELO. I say very clearly "I don't want to go X so please someone pick it" - then nobody bothers to say anything and just picks whatever so I do exactly the same. Cue support AP Yi taking all the farm for lols :biggrin:
I really hate that example and that was only possible because they had anivia who clears a creep wave immediately can AOE stun at the tower. And because those guys can all play. Really well.

I think I fed on purpose one game because I was mad. I start trolling people because it pisses them off as much as their feeding pisses me off. It is not selfish, feeding ur lane is selfish. I was bot versus cait and taric and had a crap support. I did not die for the first 10 minutes because I played it safe missed creeps rather than be stunned and killed. And from under-farming you can come back. But when a player whines that he really wants Ahri then fails, in every way (feeding, not following enemy mid, missing easy taunts) then I also think why should I try and give this noob ELO?

So basically, you couldn't carry, so you fed?

Eh.

Original post by Sweetcorn_1
Nothing wrong with just muting people?

I hate people who ruin the game for the entire team just because they don't get along with one person. Either stupid in the brain or under 15.

QFT.

I think I might go back to the NA server. EUW is just full of trolls and kids atm. Out of past 9 PvP games, 5 of them had leavers/afkers/trolls. It's pathetic.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Matthew P
So basically, you couldn't carry, so you fed?

Eh.

QFT.

I think I might go back to the NA server. EUW is just full of trolls and kids atm. Out of past 9 PvP games, 5 of them had leavers/afkers/trolls. It's pathetic.

Mr. Clean.

No I did not feed. I said I did that one game. Now I just jungle or push a lane. When the feeders complain I just say, don't want to die next to them. Pisses them off. And makes me happy xD
People shoud learn how to play every role before they go ranked as well, lastpick always spam that they cant play support and end up trolling.

l2p before ranked ty.
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
People shoud learn how to play every role before they go ranked as well, lastpick always spam that they cant play support and end up trolling.

l2p before ranked ty.

I don't get how people can't support.

Who the heck can't play soraka? You're just a portable fountain that provides hp, mana, and wards.

So really, they can support. They just say it because they don't want to.
http://www.twitch.tv/mlg_live

for anyone still up the mlg summer qualifier final is on now between curse gaming and orbit, i'm only recommending it because of how ridiculous and close the first game was, back and forth the entire game, penta on an ezreal, amazing game =D
Reply 1871
Guys what do you think about throwing a game?

I often start trolling if my team doesn't want to surrender and continue feeding. I mean it's just a game I might as well enjoy myself so if there's some derps on your team why not troll them? I usually get flamed for it by some guy saying "OMG MUST FIGHT TO THE BITTER END". I always think, well its just 1 game out of how many you play and you take it so seriously?

What you guys think?

There is a difference between throwing a game and trolling.

I mean, I really don't see the point of trolling making your time within the game further redundant as well as four other people besides that of enjoyment (but I don't really "enjoy" trolling hence why I don't understand).

Plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself by basically playing extremely risky or experimenting with builds. Let me give some examples: A desperate Baron attempt at 20mins when your behind just hoping they don't have vision and by gaining the buff you will turn the tide; just tower diving for a kill even if you know your likely to die; split-pushing base racing (you will be surprised how many times this works out well lol); going Mejais/Sword of Occult or some other weird **** (I don't consider it trolling as long as it isn't something like getting Tears of Goddness on Shyvana...).

Obviously doing these actions you just want to make the most of the game (which is inevitably a loss) not bothering to take it serious is another thing but outright acting as if you have an IQ below that of 70...

I do it in ranked as well and it does not help my ELO. I say very clearly "I don't want to go X so please someone pick it" - then nobody bothers to say anything and just picks whatever so I do exactly the same. Cue support AP Yi taking all the farm for lols :biggrin:

As someone mentioned above why even bother queuing for Ranked if you don't have a grasp of the fundamental basics of each role. League of Legends is a team game and its all about doing what is best for the team. Naturally you want to do that by playing your best position but if you can't then you'll play whatever is available the best you can. If you want to play only for yourself then purpose try a single player game or some sort of non-team based game (such as Starcraft 2 consisting of 1vs1 ladder)?

Props for Hitchens avatar by the way, just watched him and Fry demolish the Catholic Church earlier.
Original post by Zurvan

I mean, I really don't see the point of trolling making your time within the game further redundant as well as four other people besides that of enjoyment (but I don't really "enjoy" trolling hence why I don't understand).

Plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself by basically playing extremely risky or experimenting with builds. Let me give some examples: A desperate Baron attempt at 20mins when your behind just hoping they don't have vision and by gaining the buff you will turn the tide; just tower diving for a kill even if you know your likely to die; split-pushing base racing (you will be surprised how many times this works out well lol); going Mejais/Sword of Occult or some other weird **** (I don't consider it trolling as long as it isn't something like getting Tears of Goddness on Shyvana...).

Obviously doing these actions you just want to make the most of the game (which is inevitably a loss) not bothering to take it serious is another thing but outright acting as if you have an IQ below that of 70...

As someone mentioned above why even bother queuing for Ranked if you don't have a grasp of the fundamental basics of each role. League of Legends is a team game and its all about doing what is best for the team. Naturally you want to do that by playing your best position but if you can't then you'll play whatever is available the best you can. If you want to play only for yourself then purpose try a single player game or some sort of non-team based game (such as Starcraft 2 consisting of 1vs1 ladder)?

Props for Hitchens avatar by the way, just watched him and Fry demolish the Catholic Church earlier.

I can play every role with several champs and usually am happy to fill in the gap but occasionally I don't want to and it annoys me that nobody else ever wants to be flexible. I don't feel bad about it at all because in my experience I am much more willing to compromise where I want to play most of the time than the mass of other players. I was in a pretty bad team with some guys I stomped with in one game and even though they we were not excellent it was so much more enjoyable. I'm going to do some ranked in a bit. AP Hecarim mid :biggrin:

Ah yes, I've seen that debate two or three times - Intelligence Squared I think?
Original post by Zurvan

Ok, not throwing, but stop helping your team.
Hiya guys, I'm fairly new to league of legends (I think I'm about level 6 or something) I've only been playing against bots so far but I finding really hard to settle on and learn a particular champion. I have been playing ashe and for most of the games I do ok I find it hard to get more than 1-2 kills but get loads of assists. The problem is sometimes I get killed a few too many times because ashe is rather squishy. I was just wondering if you guys could suggest me a few champions to get started with; preferably something not too complicated. Thanks very much for your time and help.
Original post by slothwise
Hiya guys, I'm fairly new to league of legends (I think I'm about level 6 or something) I've only been playing against bots so far but I finding really hard to settle on and learn a particular champion. I have been playing ashe and for most of the games I do ok I find it hard to get more than 1-2 kills but get loads of assists. The problem is sometimes I get killed a few too many times because ashe is rather squishy. I was just wondering if you guys could suggest me a few champions to get started with; preferably something not too complicated. Thanks very much for your time and help.

1. Get a rl friend to start playing with you explaining stuff.

2. Read the wiki page for all the abilities for all the champions (was a lot easier when I started playing, there were 1/5 of champs out than now)

3. Watch youtube videos with explanatory commentary.
Reply 1876
Original post by slothwise

Try Ryze, you can build him tanky (it's hard to die with items later on). He's basically a spammy caster than does lots of damage but is hard to kill with the right build. Otherwise try bruisers (melee characers than do lots of damage but build tanky so are hard to kill)

People like you should be permabanned. Most childish attitude ever.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I5800
Reply 1878
Original post by ShredMaster

tis anoying though when nobody talks and communicates, not saying your wrong however
Original post by ShredMaster

Quick Reply

Latest