The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by M_E_X
I bought Varus and now really regret it, I just don't think he's that strong compared to Cait, Graves, etc.

Zyra looks really fun, if you like the look of her I'd get her! I think Ahri, Cass, Karthus etc are a lot stronger than her though, so I would consider buying one of them instead if you like their playstyle as they have 'stood the test of time' as top-tier mid champs

Yeah just had a varus game, i did okay but we failed hard as a team but he is alright.

Love Ahri though, don't really get bored of her. Her/Lux/Blitz seem to be champions I always fall back to.
Original post by Falcon91
Yeah just had a varus game, i did okay but we failed hard as a team but he is alright.

Love Ahri though, don't really get bored of her. Her/Lux/Blitz seem to be champions I always fall back to.

Gragas. Gragas is paragon of all things.
Original post by paddy__power
Oh yea you did have that Kayle phase :tongue:

God I hate you so much :mad:

:tongue:
Original post by Architecture-er
God I hate you so much :mad:

:tongue:

I love you man.
Heh, people who troll then don't give their summoner name. Funny.

Anyway, Diana! As a jungler I'm looking forward to another AP jungler (although sadly my precious carry tanky-AP Amumu is getting nerfed with her release...). From the PBE it seems she has a good clear, decent pre-6 ganks and good post-6 ganks. Might be the first time I've bought a champion on release for a while.

Actually, continuing with my small Amumu nerf rant, I can understand why he's getting nerfed (55%+ win rate in all regions/ELOs). He's pretty easy to go 9-1-11 with. However, Riot aren't buffing the under-par junglers. Udyr is currently sitting at a 43% win rate; pretty abysmal. If a champ was at 57% win rate, they'd be nerfed pretty hard (cough, Rumble). So why aren't these weaker champions being buffed?

Udyr needs a little something. He's kited too easily. He needs some sort of extra tenacity or movement speed to replace the dodge passive he lost a while ago. Obviously, his clear and damage are fine currently. He just needs a way of dealing that damage without blowing flash.
Reply 1905
Original post by Matthew P

Anyway, Diana! As a jungler I'm looking forward to another AP jungler (although sadly my precious carry tanky-AP Amumu is getting nerfed with her release...). From the PBE it seems she has a good clear, decent pre-6 ganks and good post-6 ganks. Might be the first time I've bought a champion on release for a while.

Actually, continuing with my small Amumu nerf rant, I can understand why he's getting nerfed (55%+ win rate in all regions/ELOs). He's pretty easy to go 9-1-11 with. However, Riot aren't buffing the under-par junglers. Udyr is currently sitting at a 43% win rate; pretty abysmal. If a champ was at 57% win rate, they'd be nerfed pretty hard (cough, Rumble). So why aren't these weaker champions being buffed?

Udyr needs a little something. He's kited too easily. He needs some sort of extra tenacity or movement speed to replace the dodge passive he lost a while ago. Obviously, his clear and damage are fine currently. He just needs a way of dealing that damage without blowing flash.

Udyr needs a rework I think more than a buff (?) at the moment. If they just buffed his numbers he would become OP early game/top lane and his problem is that he can't do anything (really) end game versus a decent team rather than not being able to 1 v 1 (which he is still fairly good at). He just has no utility other than run forward and (hopefully) land a stun.
Reply 1906

What's your summoner name, by the way? Add me (Smilerrr / OTrice), we should play together sometime :h:

Udyr is one of my 'go to' junglers, I think he's actually ok right now but 43% win rate is pretty terrible, you're right. I think they could add some tenacity on to his turtle stance, this would make him feel tankier in this form, and it would add extra choices to playing Udyr as you would have to decide whether to try to chase someone in bear stance (for the temporary speed buff) or in turtle stance for the tenacity, and try to time the stance switches more to minimise the CC, rather than just using bear stance every time it's off cooldown.

Original post by Lozzaa
Udyr needs a rework I think more than a buff (?) at the moment. If they just buffed his numbers he would become OP early game/top lane and his problem is that he can't do anything (really) end game versus a decent team rather than not being able to 1 v 1 (which he is still fairly good at). He just has no utility other than run forward and (hopefully) land a stun.

His "utility" is his ability to zone multiple people, stun multiple people, and to get very very tanky and still be useful. I don't think he will get a rework any time soon, I think he plays quite nicely and his skills synergise well...he's just easy to kite, but then so are so many bruisers...

I think an issue with giving him something will mean that he can pub stomp even harder than he does now (at least within the lower levels). It'll need to be a rework rather than a buff.
Something IVe started doing with him recently that has helped me is build double gp10 items, rather than just HoG. The philo stone is nice so you can clear jungle faster without worrying as much about mana, and you can turn it into shurelya's pretty quickly for the CDR, health, and active (which is actually really strong when combined with bear stance - a lot harder to kite)

Oh well, I think I'll be playing a bit more Cho'Gath jungle for now. Always liked it, and the changes this coming patch are pretty nice. Never understood why people don't take him seriously; he's tier 1 material...

And I'm currently on holiday with my laptop, so poor internet and I don't even have LoL installed on this. I'll add people when I get home, though :biggrin: You'll have to excuse the low wins, lack of runes and ranked games played - I recently made the account, up until now I've been playing on the NA serv
Reply 1909
Original post by M_E_X

His "utility" is his ability to zone multiple people, stun multiple people, and to get very very tanky and still be useful. I don't think he will get a rework any time soon, I think he plays quite nicely and his skills synergise well...he's just easy to kite, but then so are so many bruisers...

The problem with udyr (as I was saying) is that whilst he's not a bad 1 v 1 hero (then again most bruisers are good duelists by design) is that how do they buff that without making him terrifying in lane? (i.e. a flat buff to the numbers will just see an influx of top laners playing udyr to secure an early win). To be competitive (at tournament level, and probably as "low" as silver elo +) he definitely needs a rework as his current skill set offers far less utility compared to the other top lane characters in teamfights. As such, the opportunity cost of taking udyr top as opposed to say, rumble, irelia or malphite is massive. The same line of logic applies to the jungle, were the opportunity cost of taking udyr is too large for him to be played competitively. So Mathew (and Blazara) are correct in saying he needs a rework.

I mean, it's fine the way it is in the sense that overpowered heroes warp the game more than underpowered heroes do (because people just don't play them) so you can understand why it's not high on riots to-do-list.

Edit:

Figure 1.1 - Scenario highlighting udyr's utitity (or lack thereof):

Team fight brewing at mid, silver elo game. Their ashe, being silver elo, decides that 3 cs is more important that not dying, so she overextends to volley. The Udyr player notices her being out of position - decides to capitalise and mashes that e button faster than usain bolt. Ashe sees udyr running towards her and runs away. Nothing happens.

Figure 1.2 - Scenario highlighting malphite's utility:

Team fight brewing at mid, silver elo game. Their ashe, being silver elo, decides that 3 cs is more important that not dying, so she overextends to volley. The Malphite player notices her being out of position - decides to capitalise and hits his ult, targeting ashe. Ashe dies, malphite's team initiates completely and mops up.

Figure 1.3 - Scenario highlighting irelia's utility:

Team fight brewing at mid, silver elo game. Their ashe, being silver elo, decides that 3 cs is more important that not dying, so she overextends to volley. The Irelia player notices her being out of position - decides to capitalise and activates the true damage, bladesurges, targeting ashe and then stuns/slows ashe. Ashe dies, irelia's team initiates completely and mops up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1910
Original post by Lozzaa

if they made is e run last longer in early levels, he would able to get some fairly ok ganks, if you dont buy boots at the beggining ( i usaully do, but sometimes dont) your pretty much screwed against anybody, top mostly take boots so chasing them, becomes a bit of an anoyance, then, late game you havent got anough kills, and are weak :/

he need buffing in some areas, mabye the passives should last like 5 seconds each instead of switching of straght away, that would be good imo
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

My ELO is so low im playing with ppl with 10 wins now!!

I was 5-1 as gragas mid still lost coz every other lane lost. 9-3-17 i ended a game with galio mid also lost. 5-2-4 with xin jungle at one point also lost.
Original post by danny111
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

My ELO is so low im playing with ppl with 10 wins now!!

I was 5-1 as gragas mid still lost coz every other lane lost. 9-3-17 i ended a game with galio mid also lost. 5-2-4 with xin jungle at one point also lost.

You're Gragas mid... you're supposed to push your lane, walk down river and win the other lanes by pressing 2 buttons
Reply 1913
Played with a terrible Eve, she finished the game like 4/20. On the plus side, Wukong and Xin used their knockups to annoy Annie and Ashe with me (Ahri) and Graves mopping up all the kills. Looked like a lost game at 20 minutes.

Eve rework really hasn't worked from the few times I've seen her lately. Disappointing.
You're Gragas mid... you're supposed to push your lane, walk down river and win the other lanes by pressing 2 buttons

Already downvoted you once.

Shame.

To be honest, the changes to Amumu aren't that much of a nerf. The only AP item I would ever buy on him was the Abyssal Sceptor. You play Amumu for tankiness and CC, not AP ratios, plus the mana cost of his E got reduced which is nice. An Udyr buff would please me, but I don't think he's that weak. Just doesn't provide the Utility of say, Malphite.
Original post by danny111
Already downvoted you once.

Shame.

You seriously think you stay in lane all laning phase as gragas? What do you do after you push a wave, sit there and wait for the next one?

Lol triple digit ELO people are funny. You complain how good of a score you get and that it's other people that made you lose. Learn to carry or forever be unranked.

Original post by Negaduck
To be honest, the changes to Amumu aren't that much of a nerf. The only AP item I would ever buy on him was the Abyssal Sceptor. You play Amumu for tankiness and CC, not AP ratios, plus the mana cost of his E got reduced which is nice. An Udyr buff would please me, but I don't think he's that weak. Just doesn't provide the Utility of say, Malphite.

It's a nerf to amumu in dominion, where you'd build more AP than usual. And if I was doing well in summoners rift I used to build sorc shoes + sunfire cape + abyssal sceptre + rylais. Those + baron buff was just priceless.

Overall, to standard tank/cc amumu, it's practically a buff due to the lower mana costs. It just hurts the full AP and the tanky-AP builds. But 2 1:1 AP ratios, one of which on a large AOE move, was pretty imba.

Udyr is by no means weak. His damage output and clearing is fine. It's just since his release, all other champs have become more mobile. Udyr needs to match that mobility to actually do anything. So I think a buff to his bear stance or turtle stance (more movespeed on bear or some tenacity on turtle) would make him be able to fulfil his role without becoming OP. 43% win rate is unarguably poor.

Original post by Falcon91
Played with a terrible Eve, she finished the game like 4/20. On the plus side, Wukong and Xin used their knockups to annoy Annie and Ashe with me (Ahri) and Graves mopping up all the kills. Looked like a lost game at 20 minutes.

Eve rework really hasn't worked from the few times I've seen her lately. Disappointing.

She's getting some buffs this patch coming :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Tip 1:

Don't play when you are the best part of drunk. I just built two Rylai's on Akali and didn't even notice at first. Luckily I was much better than them so made it work XD
You seriously think you stay in lane all laning phase as gragas? What do you do after you push a wave, sit there and wait for the next one?

Lol triple digit ELO people are funny. You complain how good of a score you get and that it's other people that made you lose. Learn to carry or forever be unranked.

Damn you are so full of yourself. You think I went 5-1 just by killing my enemy in lane 5 times?

FYI I made it to gold 3 times and Im sure I will manage it again.

Where in my post did it say I stay in my lane? In fact I went 8-4 before I finally gave up playing and 5 of those kills were from ganking bot and 1 top.
Reply 1919

QFT.

So true, heh.

Quick Reply

Latest