The Student Room Group

League of Legends thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by M_E_X
It's fine, don't worry about it. We actually ended up winning the game, that's the second 4v5 cyfer and I have won recently - in the other one our 5th guy didn't connect at all, so we played 4v5 the whole game, and still won. You played really well in both games as support! What are your favourite roles? I didn't get to play top lane, that's my favourite :smile:

We should duo-queue ranked definitely! I think we are basically 100% win rate together over 4-5 games, and two of those were a 4v5 :tongue: Plus we are similar ELOs...I think it could be really good. Did you play ranked last season? What's your peak ELO? I notice you have only played 3 ranked games this season

Yeah, thanks for playing support. We had too much of an early game lead to lose anyway and with Tristana/Hecarim we simply could not lose lategame.

I don't play ranked much because my level of play varies drastically on how I feel and I generally like to mess around in the chaos of blind pick normals, although I'll give it a go since we seem to work well together.

Last season I think I was around the same elo, but I only played 5 or 6 ranked games.
Original post by M_E_X
It's fine, don't worry about it. We actually ended up winning the game, that's the second 4v5 cyfer and I have won recently - in the other one our 5th guy didn't connect at all, so we played 4v5 the whole game, and still won. You played really well in both games as support! What are your favourite roles? I didn't get to play top lane, that's my favourite :smile:

We should duo-queue ranked definitely! I think we are basically 100% win rate together over 4-5 games, and two of those were a 4v5 :tongue: Plus we are similar ELOs...I think it could be really good. Did you play ranked last season? What's your peak ELO? I notice you have only played 3 ranked games this season

I traditionally prefer top as well, followed by mid. I prefer not having to rely on a lane partner when I don't know them. AD is my least favourite by a considerable margin.
Reply 1962
Original post by cyfer
Yeah, thanks for playing support. We had too much of an early game lead to lose anyway and with Tristana/Hecarim we simply could not lose lategame.

I don't play ranked much because my level of play varies drastically on how I feel and I generally like to mess around in the chaos of blind pick normals, although I'll give it a go since we seem to work well together.

Last season I think I was around the same elo, but I only played 5 or 6 ranked games.

I think the trick with ranked is only to play the roles you are good at, and only to play your strongest champions. So for you that means Hecarim and maybe Trundle. But it's no good to start playing all different champions who you're not comfortable with

Maybe I should buy Hecarim, and then I can first pick him each game for you, and you pick me a solo laner...do you have many champs? GP, Galio, Shen, Morgana, Cait and Graves are people I like to play.

(I think I will be first pick and you last pick almost every time we play ranked together, because I am about 80 ELO higher)
Reply 1963
Original post by M_E_X
I think the trick with ranked is only to play the roles you are good at, and only to play your strongest champions. So for you that means Hecarim and maybe Trundle. But it's no good to start playing all different champions who you're not comfortable with

Maybe I should buy Hecarim, and then I can first pick him each game for you, and you pick me a solo laner...do you have many champs? GP, Galio, Shen, Morgana, Cait and Graves are people I like to play.

(I think I will be first pick and you last pick almost every time we play ranked together, because I am about 80 ELO higher)

I agree. I am best at junglers and good with top laners. I've got nearly every single jungler there is, apart from Nautilus, and I am competent with all of them but I am best with Hecarim, Udyr and Rammus, with Rammus depending on the enemy team comp.

I have many champs but few 6300 champs. I have most melee champs but I've tended to stay away from buying AD ranged carry champs as I hate that role so I don't even have ashe for example, let alone caitlyn or graves. Out of the ones you mentioned, I only have GP.

Let's just hope I'm not always last pick :smile:

Edit: Trundle has declined recently, not sure why he just isn't working well for me. I also play Xin Zhao mid well but those games are either amazing or terrible :P
(edited 11 years ago)
anyone decent enough who wants to have a fun game later?

My face when I blind pick malphite and the other team is running double AD carry
I've played HON since its release (before LoL). Tried LoL but it was just too **** due to the fact of always being teamed with absolute **** players all the time, and the gameplay is just far too slow for me to enjoy, unlike HoN or Dota2, which I reckon is much more difficult. Started playing the Dota2 beta! Awesome game.
Reply 1967
Original post by Dajaffer
I've played HON since its release (before LoL). Tried LoL but it was just too **** due to the fact of always being teamed with absolute **** players all the time, and the gameplay is just far too slow for me to enjoy, unlike HoN or Dota2, which I reckon is much more difficult. Started playing the Dota2 beta! Awesome game.

ha, i tried hon, the interface really confused me badly though
it just wasnt my style after playing lol for so long :/
Reply 1968
Original post by Dajaffer

Your post is the equivalent of going in to the Cambridge thread and writing "a Cambridge the people are just absolutely **** and the teaching is far too slow and rubbish, I will be at another university called Oxford and it's much better"

I mean, really?

Original post by cyfer

You know that in ranked you pick in order of ELO? And as you are about 80 ELO lower than me, you will often be last pick, I am sure (because teams are normally all quite similar in ELO, and 80 difference is a lot).
Original post by M_E_X
Your post is the equivalent of going in to the Cambridge thread and writing "a Cambridge the people are just absolutely **** and the teaching is far too slow and rubbish, I will be at another university called Oxford and it's much better"

I mean, really?

You know that in ranked you pick in order of ELO? And as you are about 80 ELO lower than me, you will often be last pick, I am sure (because teams are normally all quite similar in ELO, and 80 difference is a lot).

Up for some more games later?

I can support you if you like.
Original post by cyfer
I agree. I am best at junglers and good with top laners. I've got nearly every single jungler there is, apart from Nautilus, and I am competent with all of them but I am best with Hecarim, Udyr and Rammus, with Rammus depending on the enemy team comp.

I have many champs but few 6300 champs. I have most melee champs but I've tended to stay away from buying AD ranged carry champs as I hate that role so I don't even have ashe for example, let alone caitlyn or graves. Out of the ones you mentioned, I only have GP.

Edit: Trundle has declined recently, not sure why he just isn't working well for me. I also play Xin Zhao mid well but those games are either amazing or terrible :P

Hec and Udyr are two of my most common junglers as well. You should buy Naut though he is great fun to play as you just stand in the middle of team fights never letting anyone leave. :colone:
Reply 1971
is any girl play LoL apart from me in here?! or it's abnormal for a girl to play such games?
Original post by lNurl
is any girl play LoL apart from me in here?! or it's abnormal for a girl to play such games?

Fewer than the amount of men that play but there are a lot more girl gamers than most people realise. I think you are the only girl in this thread though.
Reply 1973
Original post by paddy__power
Hec and Udyr are two of my most common junglers as well. You should buy Naut though he is great fun to play as you just stand in the middle of team fights never letting anyone leave. :colone:

Hecarim is common? I never see him, I guess because people think he is underpowered.

I'm saving up for a 6300 champ and I'm torn up between buying Katarina, Naut or Fiora. Katarina for the lulz, Nautilus because he is an AP jungler/bruiser and Fiora because she just looks really fun.

I wish I could try them out although I'll probably go for Naut in the end because I just need him to ensure I have a wide variety of junglers to choose from.

Original post by M_E_X

Thanks I didn't know that.

Paddy and MEX want to play a game today? I'm going for a run now but I'll be back in an hour or two, if you're free.
Reply 1974
Original post by paddy__power
Fewer than the amount of men that play but there are a lot more girl gamers than most people realise. I think you are the only girl in this thread though.

I'm not very good player but I'm learning and my favourite champ is Sejuani (or it's the only one which I can play with properly):smile:
Original post by cyfer
Hecarim is common? I never see him, I guess because people think he is underpowered.

I'm saving up for a 6300 champ and I'm torn up between buying Katarina, Naut or Fiora. Katarina for the lulz, Nautilus because he is an AP jungler/bruiser and Fiora because she just looks really fun.

I wish I could try them out although I'll probably go for Naut in the end because I just need him to ensure I have a wide variety of junglers to choose from.

Thanks I didn't know that.

Paddy and MEX want to play a game today? I'm going for a run now but I'll be back in an hour or two, if you're free.

Nobody really plays him although a few weeks ago I decided I was going to play a few games with him top (he has enough sustain that it works) to see how it was and randomly four games in a row somebody picked him ahead of me. I own all three of them. I basically never play Kat as you either snowball and own everything or do nothing all game and the chance of the latter makes her less fun for me. Naut is great as I said and Fiora for a while was pretty much my main champ. If you get a few early kills you will become insane - plus you can build all tiamats for hilarious ults in team fights :tongue:

I just bought Swain :yes:
Original post by lNurl
I'm not very good player but I'm learning and my favourite champ is Sejuani (or it's the only one which I can play with properly):smile:

You are the only person who plays her so that is cool ^^
Reply 1977
Original post by cyfer

ill play?
im not sure how good i am compared to others but will play for fun?

i dont mind playing a bit of support if there is a space :smile:
or top either
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by lNurl

She can be strong, nice cc. And unless your a pro or play 5 hours + a day you really want to know a small number of champs very well rather than a medium-large number well.

Guys, my ingame name is DrussIV, Im up for some fun (normal blind pick? normal draft pick is still kind of competitive imo).
Reply 1979
Original post by chill543
ill play?
im not sure how good i am compared to others but will play for fun?

i dont mind playing a bit of support if there is a space :smile:
or top either

Sure, my profile name is Mukilab. Add me and we can play.

Quick Reply

Latest