The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
University: Nottingham
Course: Maths
Requirements: Maths - A; Further Maths - A; Computing or Physics - B (already got an A in Maths).
Thinking of accepting/declining: Depends on other offers (it's about my fourth or fifth choice though)
How do you feel?: Chuffed, I'm really confident I can get those grades, would be a nice insurance.
Reply 2
Course: Mathematics
Requirements: Maths - A; Further Maths - A; Eng Lit or History- B
Thinking of accepting/declining: Depends on other offers (it's about my fourth or fifth choice though)
How do you feel?: Happy somewhere's made an actual offer, yay! :smile: Getting annoyed that all unis' want their open days/interview dates to be the same though...
Reply 3
Requirements: Maths - A; Second A Level - A; Further Maths AS - A
Thinking of accepting/declining: I really really really can't decide between Warwick & Nottingham at the moment. So I guess I'll wait and see if Warwick will have me!
How do you feel?: Wooo!

University: Leeds
Requirements: 340 Points from 3 A Levels (AAB) or 360 from 3 A2s & Further Maths AS (ie ABCa!)
Thinking of accepting/declining: Not very likely to be accepting it.
How do you feel?: Nothing much :rolleyes:

University: Sheffield
Requirements: Still waiting for conditions!
Thinking of accepting/declining: A possible insurance choice. Don't really know
How do you feel?: This was my first offer - I was so glad that somewhere would have me!

*Patiently twiddles thumbs whilst waiting for signs of life from other unis*
Reply 4
University:City University
Course:Actuarial Science (with Study Abroad/Industrial Placement)
Requirements:AAA with A in maths
Thinking of accepting/declining:Don't know yet!
How do you feel?:i'm so excited!
Reply 5
University: York and Leeds
Course:Maths and Philosophy
Requirements:ABB at both
Thinking of accepting/declining:declining most probably
How do you feel?:Its comforting to get offers but i didnt want to go to these 2 anyway!
Reply 6
xXxKatiexXx when did you apply?
You've worried me now because I haven't recieved any offers for same course!
Reply 7
katie, i can understand about leeds but york?!! the people are friendly there... and teh course is alrite as well
so oxford is ur first choice followed by bristol?
if yes i am in the same boat as u
University:Imperial
Course:Mathematics
Requirements:AAB (AA in double maths B in Physics)
Thinking of accepting/declining:s-smilie:eriously considering it
How do you feel?:First Offer so ****in pleased
Reply 9
wow offer from imperial! i still don't have anything from them apart from a confirmation email.. should i be worried? *sigh*
Reply 10
Okay, I got this a couple of weeks ago, but keep forgetting to write it!

University: Reading
Requirements: 320 points from two A levels, including a B in Maths
Thinking of accepting/declining: Declining... if I get any more offers that is!
How do you feel: Happy that I got an offer... hoping for at least one more!
i still haven't had any offers and i applied at the end of september!

Unis:
Oxford
bristol
warwick
bath
imperial
bham
^ When I applied 4 years ago I didn't get an offer from Warwick, Imperial or Bath till after new years, and I'd sent my application form off the first week of October.
AlphaNumeric
^ When I applied 4 years ago I didn't get an offer from Warwick, Imperial or Bath till after new years, and I'd sent my application form off the first week of October.

thats reassuring :smile:
Reply 14
andy...

i applied end of september, when did you apply? where else did you apply for?

chubby...

oxford is my 1st choice then bristol and durham are joint second - where else did you apply for? all maths and phil.?

xx
Reply 15
I applied for Oxford, Bristol, York, Warwick, Leeds, Cardiff, and I applied on 13th Oct, they got it on 26th though (or at least that's when I got acknowledgement email from Bristol!). All Maths & Phil apart from Warwick which is Mmath.

So I suppose I can let them off giving me an offer since they haven't even had the app 3 weeks yet... But doesn't stop me panicking a little! lol.
Seriously dont worry about not getting replies from unis...they take ages to get them back to you.
Reply 17
Course:Maths with Engineering
Requirements: ABB with A in maths
Thinking of accepting/declining: very very likely
How do you feel?: excited!!!going to see the uni on sat!! yey! :cool:

Also got interviews at Sheffield and Birmingham this week which will determine my offers grade!!!
a bit scared actually even tho they both are my insurance :frown:

i wonder what they r going to ask me????? :confused:
(it said informal interview on the letter)

anyone else got interviews?
So far I have three offers (probably due to the fact that my app was sent to UCAS on 30/09, and partly as I have some of my A-Levels already)

Kings College London
G103 MSci Mathematics
B in F. Mathematics

Exeter
G102 MMath Mathematics
Unconditional

Bristol
G104 MSci Mathematics w/Study In Continental Europe
Offer conditions unknown.

It's been pretty good getting these three, and I'm definately considering the KCL offer, as if my other choices fall through, then it's right there. Also, Bristol didn't tell me about my offer until today, when I got a letter telling me that I hadn't replied to a letter about an offer (as they send out open day invitations to their successful applicants, apparently). But we're mostly all clear though. Very cool :biggrin:
Reply 19
Ooo, I also got an offer for Bristol: G104 MSci Mathematics w/Study In Continental Europe. Will we get the conditions from UCAS?

Latest