The Student Room Group

St. Gallen MBF - SSLC requirement?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Is it necessary to have a car in St. Gallen? Most of the apartments I see online mention underground parking available......
Reply 21
Original post by rooneychords
s066231 - Congratulations on the admission!!

thankssss! hope u'll get yours real soon too!
Reply 22
Original post by dionysos
Is it necessary to have a car in St. Gallen? Most of the apartments I see online mention underground parking available......

hey what web site do u use for room hunting?
and roughly when are u planning to get there? i was told in the letter i'd better arrive before september 7 for some german intensive course..
Reply 23
s066231, dionysos - Congrats on your admission!

It is great that you have already received a letter of admission, it gives me hope that I'lll get my results earlier than in June... I'll keep you posted on my results..

Regarding the car in St.Gallen, it's not necessary and definitely not useful for daily commuting, however, it would be much easier to move to St. Gallen from your home country (if you're European) and do some weekend trips or shopping in Konstanz, Germany, which is way cheaper than Switzerland from what I've heard from friend who went for an exchange to St. Gallen..

So good luck with room hunting then... :smile:)
Reply 24
Original post by matthias_z
s066231, dionysos - Congrats on your admission!

It is great that you have already received a letter of admission, it gives me hope that I'lll get my results earlier than in June... I'll keep you posted on my results..

Regarding the car in St.Gallen, it's not necessary and definitely not useful for daily commuting, however, it would be much easier to move to St. Gallen from your home country (if you're European) and do some weekend trips or shopping in Konstanz, Germany, which is way cheaper than Switzerland from what I've heard from friend who went for an exchange to St. Gallen..

So good luck with room hunting then... :smile:)

i turned in my application in february. i guess this is why i got the admission that early!
yeah i heard about shopping in Konstanz too!! but we won't need a car. my friend told me that with that train card (whatever it is called), we can get free train rides after 7pm:smile: my friend that went there used to take free trains for Konstanz grocery shopping!
Reply 25
Original post by s066231
hey what web site do u use for room hunting?
and roughly when are u planning to get there? i was told in the letter i'd better arrive before september 7 for some german intensive course..

I think the websites were the ones linked on the left on this unisg page:

http://www.unisg.ch/Studium/LebenInStGallenSchweiz/Unterkunft.aspx

I'm planning to arrive in the end of August or first week of Sept. Probably last few days of August. I am moving from the states, but will be in Europe all summer. If I travel to St. Gallen mid-summer and find an apt, I may just arrive a few days before the intensive language course.

I am starting RosettaStone now since I have no previous knowledge of German.

Where are you guys from?
Reply 26
Original post by dionysos
I think the websites were the ones linked on the left on this unisg page:

http://www.unisg.ch/Studium/LebenInStGallenSchweiz/Unterkunft.aspx

I'm planning to arrive in the end of August or first week of Sept. Probably last few days of August. I am moving from the states, but will be in Europe all summer. If I travel to St. Gallen mid-summer and find an apt, I may just arrive a few days before the intensive language course.

I am starting RosettaStone now since I have no previous knowledge of German.

Where are you guys from?

the only thing i'm concerned about is the trouble for room hunting if i arrive in september.

btw, i'm a girl from hong kong.. will have to get used to a small town life indeed!
Reply 27
I can't find information on how to make the app fee payment... Can someone please tell me how to make the payment?
Reply 28
Original post by NakulZair
I can't find information on how to make the app fee payment... Can someone please tell me how to make the payment?

Eh... My bank wired to the account they listed. I don't know how to explain where to find that though; it was two months ago and I can't remember. Call and ask for the account numbers.
Reply 29
Original post by NakulZair

After you complete an online enrollment, go to servicePortal, login to your account, click: New at HSG -> Status OnlineApplication, then open a file named Rechnung PDF. You will find there the details necessary for international money transfer.
Reply 30
alright! thanks matthias.
Reply 31
Hi guys,
I also got 'definitiv zugelassen' on my application status, but haven't received the admission letter yet. Does anyone know when they usually send formal notifications of admission?
Reply 32
Original post by Enigma304
Hi guys,
I also got 'definitiv zugelassen' on my application status, but haven't received the admission letter yet. Does anyone know when they usually send formal notifications of admission?

a quick question. did u also turn in the original of the transcripts and such? my admission is provisional until the receipt of the originals..
Reply 33
Hi!. I would like to ask you a question. The university received my documents two weeks ago, but the status of my appication has not changed since then. How much time did you have to wait to see a progress on it? Thank you very much.
Congrats to all the admits for September 2011, It shall be great if any one of you can make a Facebook Group for the new admits... I believe it shall be a great place for discussion and getting to know each other better.

I have applied... My GMAT 670, hopeful under variety Management category... If no MBF then I will take the newly launched Masters In Economics in English. Are there people who have applied for this new course... Is there any feedback on the new course
Reply 35
Do you know what are your odds of being admitted with a Gmat of 670. I got the same score, so I have applied through the variety management.
Dear potus,

Wish I was smart enough to predict my odds... With cap on nationality... Let us hope for the best... Good luck... Waiting for the Group to be created
Reply 37
What is the cap on nationality? Do you mean to the maximum of 25% of international students?

I think someone who has already been admitted should create the group.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by s066231

Original post by s066231
a quick question. did u also turn in the original of the transcripts and such? my admission is provisional until the receipt of the originals..

I'm still doing my Bachelor, so have no diploma yet. I sent them the original and copy of my transcripts. Have to provide some other documents in the original by the 31st of August. I guess it's typical for most universities =)
See you in September!
Reply 39
Original post by Enigma304
I'm still doing my Bachelor, so have no diploma yet. I sent them the original and copy of my transcripts. Have to provide some other documents in the original by the 31st of August. I guess it's typical for most universities =)
See you in September!

thank you! i haven't sent my originals yet as i'm afraid i'll need them when applying for the visa.
the admission letter i got was by email. they said i'll receive the official admission letter by mail soon but not yet tho... have you got it yet?:smile:
see u soon in september!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending