The Student Room Group

BCU Nursing Diploma (interview 12th Jan)

I went for an interview 12th January to do the Adult Nursing Diploma, i called up today to be told that there have been thousands of applicants and to just keep checking my UCAS account :frown: . Beings though it is starting in April i would of thought they would be a bit quicker in informing us?! Has anybody who went on an interview around this date heard anything as yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I had an interview on the 24th for the adult diploma, I haven't heard back yet I have a friend who has a conditional offer for medicine and he said it took about two weeks for him to hear back and he found out from ucas, but then again it's a different course and he heard before Christmas; not hearing back yet is probabally a good thing usually the not so good aplications get sorted through quicker, hopefully! Thats what I keep telling myself :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Let us hope that no news is good news for now then :wink:.

Good Luck!!
Reply 3
I was at the interview too on the 12th Jan!

The woman did say that we will find out about it around mid Feb, however that isn't enough time for me to get ready/plan things!

I am also applying for the diploma which starts in April so fingers crossed!
Reply 4
I called up today and was told that they will start informing people next Friday 11th and that everyone should have their decision by the Tuesday 15th. I Suppose i can wait 7-9 more days :frown:
Reply 5
I hope we both get it.

Is BCU your firm choice?

Who did you have interviewing you? The interview was so hard, and the alot of the questions were quite tricky. How did you find it?
Reply 6
Original post by Charlene.
I called up today and was told that they will start informing people next Friday 11th and that everyone should have their decision by the Tuesday 15th. I Suppose i can wait 7-9 more days :frown:

Thats good that they gave you a time roughly most of the time they don't which is no help when you are really nervous waiting to hear back. Still 7-9 days is a lot to wait considering how many times a day I check my emails and track :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Sukibus
I was at the interview too on the 12th Jan!

The woman did say that we will find out about it around mid Feb, however that isn't enough time for me to get ready/plan things!

I am also applying for the diploma which starts in April so fingers crossed!

I completely agree that isn't enough time to get everything sorted out, it makes me panic thinking about it would be better if it was a September start thats if I get an offer anyways :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Sukibus
I hope we both get it.

Is BCU your firm choice?

Who did you have interviewing you? The interview was so hard, and the alot of the questions were quite tricky. How did you find it?

Yes, BCU is my firm choice, so positive news off them will be very much appreciated :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by Charlene.
Yes, BCU is my firm choice, so positive news off them will be very much appreciated :biggrin:

I really need a Yes from them! Been rejected by all my other choices :'(. Don't know why, seeing that I did well in my degree and have all the experience needed for this course.

Have you heard from them yet? Let me know if you get accepted or not
Reply 10
Still have not heard! Getting quite frustrated now! :/
Reply 11
Neither have I. I'm sure they said that loads of people didn't turn up to the interview that day or something so I don't understand why they're taking this long to decide who they want on this course.
Reply 12
hiiiii

i had my interview on dec 9th. i didn't hear anything for aaaages so i called them and eventually someone told me about my offer.

she also said that they've had a 40% increase in applicants this year and so it is taking more time than usual to reply to everyone.

My UCAS finally updated yesterday afternoon which was a relief!! Prior to this I had emailed the admissions tutor explaining my situation and asking what the situation is with UCAS etc. She told me that it should update within the next few days and to accept asap because she would like to send a 'welcome pack' out to me.

So keep checking!!! It WILL update soon!!! Good luck everyone! xxx
Reply 13
I haven't heard back yet as well, I'm going to ring them up again tomorrow hopefully they will have a better idea when people should hear back.
Hi everyone,
I also applied for the adult nursing diploma starting in april, i phoned up today and was told that everyone only a few people have been given offers and that everyone would find out within two weeks :confused: because there still going through all the applications and they need to make sure there is enough placements for everyone :mad:. Im really nervous, hope they hurry up and give everyone there offers asap considering the course is due to start in april, the waiting is really agonising, hope everyone hears from them soon xx
Reply 15
Original post by Beckyboo101
Hi everyone,
I also applied for the adult nursing diploma starting in april, i phoned up today and was told that everyone only a few people have been given offers and that everyone would find out within two weeks :confused: because there still going through all the applications and they need to make sure there is enough placements for everyone :mad:. Im really nervous, hope they hurry up and give everyone there offers asap considering the course is due to start in april, the waiting is really agonising, hope everyone hears from them soon xx

I phoned up today as well and they said everyone should hear back by 2 weeks but she also said thats not guaranteed it could take longer! The course starts in 7 weeks! Thats like no time to get things sorted for then if people do get offers.
Reply 16
Original post by random2373
I phoned up today as well and they said everyone should hear back by 2 weeks but she also said thats not guaranteed it could take longer! The course starts in 7 weeks! Thats like no time to get things sorted for then if people do get offers.

Omg, that's like insane! Can't believe how disorganized they've been about it.

I'm starting to doubt that I've got a place now... the questions were quite hard.

I'm so scared!
Reply 17
Hi
I had my interview on December 6th and I still haven't had a reply.
I'm very worried too.
I phoned the university and the lady told me I should know in February sometime.
I check my email everyday aswell :-(
I also applied to Wolverhampton uni I had a interview last week and I got a reply today i've been accepted:colondollar: but it's for the degree course.
I just want to know so I can put my mind at ease. So I know what to sort out.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 18
Hi
I had my interview for the adult nursing diploma course last November and received an unconditional offer last Monday. Apparently they had 15000 applications for 300 places so I guess it's taken some time. I'm amazed at the disorganised approach though, I find it impossible to reach anyone by phone or email and have not had any details on the start date etc!!

Does anyone know when the first day is in April?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :-) x
Reply 19
Original post by liz2810
Hi
I had my interview for the adult nursing diploma course last November and received an unconditional offer last Monday. Apparently they had 15000 applications for 300 places so I guess it's taken some time. I'm amazed at the disorganised approach though, I find it impossible to reach anyone by phone or email and have not had any details on the start date etc!!

Does anyone know when the first day is in April?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear :-) x[/QU

Congratulations for securing a place with them!

I really hope that I've been accepted if not will have to re-apply again next year but they're stopping the diploma course after this year, so would have to apply for the degree course. Ugh

Don't they realize that this is a matter of life and death for some people?!? Haha

Quick Reply