The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York Firmers 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by -WhySoSerious?

Just keep up with your A-Level maths/stats is all I'd say. Brush up on basic econ, and learn about indifference curves, that's your first term sorted :P

:nothing:

s'not that hard. seriously.

aaah whats an indifference curve?! we never did them...i got an a in a level econ aswell. i'm about to read freakonomics (yes i know it came out a million years ago and i should be ashamed that i am only about to read it)

haha but where are you from originally? i live in a surrey bubble!
University of York
York
Original post by hannah9000
ha - i was VERY very unlucky. i keep thinking back - if i'd only done a little bit better in history i'd have made my offer and been let in straight away and got half decent accom and not been with wasters who didn't want to come to york and came through clearing! still the past in the past, and gap year is nice and relaxing and boring. i have a lot of time to find myself haha

i need to go on a course of understanding the yorkshire accent before i come - i can understand women, but not men. i'm just like EH?!

Sounds fun! I keep really obsessing over the tiniest details of accommodation, even though we won't get to choose for another 6 months...

I only heard 1 Yorkshire accent at the university when I went on the open day, so you should be fine :tongue:

Go ahead, we don't need the likes of you :p:

:ashamed2:
Reply 62
Original post by LostHorizons
Sounds fun! I keep really obsessing over the tiniest details of accommodation, even though we won't get to choose for another 6 months...

I only heard 1 Yorkshire accent at the university when I went on the open day, so you should be fine :tongue:

:ashamed2:

same, i dunno whether i want james or alcuin, and then if i do get alcuin whether i want really snazz alcuin, where like 12 people across 2 flats share a double kitchen for 6 quid more a week, or normal alcuin where 8 people share a kitchen! god knows how i'll choose
same, i dunno whether i want james or alcuin, and then if i do get alcuin whether i want really snazz alcuin, where like 12 people across 2 flats share a double kitchen for 6 quid more a week, or normal alcuin where 8 people share a kitchen! god knows how i'll choose

I think if I pick ensuite then I'll try to get band 3 rather than band 4. I don't think any ensuite places have particularly bad kitchens and I'm not bothered about living somewhere reeeeally snazzy. I'm also still not sure whether to pick a 33 or 38 week let. 38 weeks is appealing since it'd mean I wouldn't have to go home, but it would be an extra few hundred quid, so I dunno...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 64
I think if I pick ensuite then I'll try to get band 3 rather than band 4. I don't think any ensuite places have particularly bad kitchens and I'm not bothered about living somewhere reeeeally snazzy. I'm also still not sure whether to pick a 33 or 38 week let. 38 weeks is appealing since it'd mean I wouldn't have to go home, but it would be an extra few hundred quid, so I dunno...

Yeah dont need snazzy - all ensuite is decent.
(edit) - in fact 33 weeks at band 4 is almost 500 quid cheaper across the year than 39 weeks at band 3... confusing...!

We got ages to think! Im nervous about studying again after 15 months out!
(edited 13 years ago)

aaah whats an indifference curve?! we never did them...i got an a in a level econ aswell. i'm about to read freakonomics (yes i know it came out a million years ago and i should be ashamed that i am only about to read it)

haha but where are you from originally? i live in a surrey bubble!

You're not taught it at A-Level. Just remember basic micro, and then look up the IS/LM curve for some of macro. If you understand that well, then Econ 1 is (mostly) a breeze.
Reply 66
You're not taught it at A-Level. Just remember basic micro, and then look up the IS/LM curve for some of macro. If you understand that well, then Econ 1 is (mostly) a breeze.

cool. the thought of doing work doesn't involve talking to people disgusts me right now haha. spending my days baking cakes and bread and eating mini eggs and watching peep show and going on facebook for no reason is good for now haha

cool. the thought of doing work doesn't involve talking to people disgusts me right now haha. spending my days baking cakes and bread and eating mini eggs and watching peep show and going on facebook for no reason is good for now haha

Enjoy it while you can! :biggrin:

edit: I'm from Preston :smile:

How much economics banter is involved at the university of York? :ahee:
Reply 69

yeah i'm sure i'll have no time when i'm in york, i seem to always have no time. even when i have so much time

ah - basically as north as york!! i won't be able to understand you haha - i know this cos i can barely understand gav and he only lives on the other side of london. these essex lads...
(edited 13 years ago)
yeah i'm sure i'll have no time when i'm in york, i seem to always have no time. even when i have so much time

Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

So true :tongue:
Reply 71

ah - basically as north as york!! i won't be able to understand you haha - i know this cos i can barely understand gav and he only lives on the other side of london. these essex lads...

hey my accent isn't even strong :mad:

++ stop being mean about the fax it isn't that bad!

+++ This thread makes me sad that I am already over half way through the year and I soon will no longer be on campus and no longer be a fresher :sad:
(edited 13 years ago)
bloody southerners, psssht.

edit: house j/k social soon tom? you got houses and stuff sorted?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 73
Parkinson's Law: Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

So true :tongue:

So so true!! Dunno how i had any time before when i worked 9 hour shifts and had a 1 hour commute each way!!
Reply 74
Original post by trollman
hey my accent isn't even strong :mad:

++ stop being mean about the fax it isn't that bad!

+++ This thread makes me sad that I am already over half way through the year and I soon will no longer be on campus and no longer be a fresher :sad:

Your accent is just perfect gav! You're my fave east londoner and york fresher :smile:
Ps you'll be 20 by the time i get to york! Soz i know you love fax...
Hope you've been charming the ladies today !! By charming i dont mean throwing Paper at them!
Reply 75
Your accent is just perfect gav! You're my fave east londoner and york fresher :smile:
Ps you'll be 20 by the time i get to york! Soz i know you love fax...
Hope you've been charming the ladies today !! By charming i dont mean throwing Paper at them!

thank you dear han!

FWWWWUUUUACK allow being 20 it's so old. I tolerate fax there are worse places to be, tbh my room is the nicest I've seen in uni and ive beeen in vanbrugh, goodrick, james, derwent etc.

haha no i've been lonely today :sad: nobody loves me
Reply 76
thank you dear han!

FWWWWUUUUACK allow being 20 it's so old. I tolerate fax there are worse places to be, tbh my room is the nicest I've seen in uni and ive beeen in vanbrugh, goodrick, james, derwent etc.

haha no i've been lonely today :sad: nobody loves me

i'm beginning not to mind han anymore. damn my stupid name... half my friends call me hans which is gahh! so much worse, i sound like a german boy in dungarees, or the german equiv of dungarees.
you won't be a teenager anymore!! hm yeah i'd have survived fax if my housemates were half decent but gap yah is fine, i'll be a year older, a year wiser! alcuin is buff you should go there! james seems to vary soo much i was looking at their accom yesterday
have you visited hickleton in fax? its like a palace, their kitchens are humongous for only six people! so expensive and 51 week let though, ouch

awww poor gav!!:frown: you should've cuddles your law textbooks for comfort - when do you get your exam results?
Reply 77
i'm beginning not to mind han anymore. damn my stupid name... half my friends call me hans which is gahh! so much worse, i sound like a german boy in dungarees, or the german equiv of dungarees.
you won't be a teenager anymore!! hm yeah i'd have survived fax if my housemates were half decent but gap yah is fine, i'll be a year older, a year wiser! alcuin is buff you should go there! james seems to vary soo much i was looking at their accom yesterday
have you visited hickleton in fax? its like a palace, their kitchens are humongous for only six people! so expensive and 51 week let though, ouch

awww poor gav!!:frown: you should've cuddles your law textbooks for comfort - when do you get your exam results?

well you better start eating frankfurters hans it is all I will be calling you from now on.

Alcuin? I hear it's a tad boring! Yeh it does have cell block C. Yeah I know a guy there, it's nice!
Reply 78
well you better start eating frankfurters hans it is all I will be calling you from now on.

Alcuin? I hear it's a tad boring! Yeh it does have cell block C. Yeah I know a guy there, it's nice!

ha, frankfurters are GROSS!
nah boring is cool - i don't want any wild parties, just a nice hot chocolate and people to chat with and do cool things with! plus, a good nights sleep at least a few nights a week!!
cell block c - or n block, doesn't even look that bad. they have 6 people to a shower, that's like nothing compared to 10!!
This thread is freaking me out. I don't want to be a second year :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending