York
Original post by ilickbatteries
Firmed York earlier this evening. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Yay :biggrin:
Original post by alexmagpie
Ooh, sounds good :smile:

I'm studying Psychology, how about you?

my bro goes to the durham college you got an offer for, but 2nd year now

just saw your thread on how expensive it was and i CAANNOT BELIEVE HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS! i'm not durhams biggest fan, i'll add this to my list

edit: i can also say that york's cheapest accom is WAY nicer than st marys. not that i'm biased. plus york doesn't have as many evil hills :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by hannah9000
my bro goes to the durham college you got an offer for, but 2nd year now

just saw your thread on how expensive it was and i CAANNOT BELIEVE HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS! i'm not durhams biggest fan, i'll add this to my list

edit: i can also say that york's cheapest accom is WAY nicer than st marys. not that i'm biased. plus york doesn't have as many evil hills :P

Durham is God's own country, I'll have you know.

Even with the hills.

How expensive is it, by the way? I'm not sure how they can justify the cost, County Durham is quite cheap to live in. I imagine they jack up the cost of the accommodation to rake in as much money as they can as they know most of their students are well-off. Wa**ers
Durham is God's own country, I'll have you know.

Even with the hills.

How expensive is it, by the way? I'm not sure how they can justify the cost, County Durham is quite cheap to live in. I imagine they jack up the cost of the accommodation to rake in as much money as they can as they know most of their students are well-off. Wa**ers

I read 154 quid a week catered, shared bathrooms i belirve? At york catered is like 84 a week or something!!
I read 154 quid a week catered, shared bathrooms i belirve? At york catered is like 84 a week or something!!

Holy moly!
Holy moly!

Yep, that's about right.
£5,082 per year - for 33 weeks, fully catered...

That's over £1,500 more than my maintenance loan will be...

:eek:

So, yay, York! I liked it better anyway, so it's no big deal.
Yep, that's about right.
£5,082 per year - for 33 weeks, fully catered...

That's over £1,500 more than my maintenance loan will be...

:eek:

So, yay, York! I liked it better anyway, so it's no big deal.

The letter I got from Royal Holloway made it sound as if I'd be spending hundreds a week but then you get the London loan...

Durham is not an expensive place to live at all, not for students anyways. Daylight robbery that is!
The letter I got from Royal Holloway made it sound as if I'd be spending hundreds a week but then you get the London loan...

Durham is not an expensive place to live at all, not for students anyways. Daylight robbery that is!

I live near royal hollo - beautiful building , **** all to do as a student. Hence my bro drooped out and went to "god's county"

I know, I'm quite shocked by it. I don't see how their rooms can legitimately cost that much more than York's - I think it must just be a ploy to get extra funding by charging extortionate residence fees. There isn't a banding system either, except ensuite/non-ensuite, so there's no option to choose a rubbish but cheap room if you can't afford it!
I live near royal hollo - beautiful building , **** all to do as a student. Hence my bro drooped out and went to "god's county"

Yeah, it's pretty amazing to look at! I didn't realise it was so dead though. In the end I opted against it because I really wanted to do education as part of my degree, and it's a bit of a hike from Durham...

I know, I'm quite shocked by it. I don't see how their rooms can legitimately cost that much more than York's - I think it must just be a ploy to get extra funding by charging extortionate residence fees. There isn't a banding system either, except ensuite/non-ensuite, so there's no option to choose a rubbish but cheap room if you can't afford it!

I'm going for a moderate room at York I think. Not ensuite but decent college if I can. If not it's just more money to spend on alcohol :biggrin:
Yeah, it's pretty amazing to look at! I didn't realise it was so dead though. In the end I opted against it because I really wanted to do education as part of my degree, and it's a bit of a hike from Durham...

I'm going for a moderate room at York I think. Not ensuite but decent college if I can. If not it's just more money to spend on alcohol :biggrin:

Yeah, me too, hopefully! Ahahahahha, someone in the thread I made in the Durham forum just told me that they're making it compulsory to have a 38 week let.

THAT'S £5,505 PER YEAR - TWO GRAND MORE THAN MY LOAN!

Well, the Durham vs York decision just got much, much easier!

Which college is your favourite? I like Derwent best at the moment, but I change every few days :P
Name: Alister

Course: Bsc Economics

Offer: AAB (although would have thought I would have got something nicer but doesn't really matter that much)

Favourite Accomodation: I don't really know that much about the accomodation at York, probably find out more about the accomodation when I go to the visit day on Wednesday.

Any other info: Like the sound and look of York a lot, especially the course specifications and what everyone has been saying about it. I'm still wating on LSE and Edinburgh on giving me an offer though, but York will definitely be right up there in my to choices. :smile:

Excited about meeting other people in York
Yeah, me too, hopefully! Ahahahahha, someone in the thread I made in the Durham forum just told me that they're making it compulsory to have a 38 week let.

Which college is your favourite? I like Derwent best at the moment, but I change every few days :P

I'm hoping I'll be anywhere but Derwent!

The college I go to now is called Derwentside College, so I think it'd be a bit silly on my CV if it says

2009-2011 - Derwentside College
2011-2014 - Derwent College, University of York

:redface:

Silly I know. I like Vanbrugh College, though I'll be happy in any really!

The college I go to now is called Derwentside College, so I think it'd be a bit silly on my CV if it says

Fair enough :P
Vanbrugh looks really nice, yeah :smile:
What subject are you studying?

Most people just put BSc/BA 'Whatever', University of York

Your college doesn't really make a difference to your degree :P
Fair enough :P
Vanbrugh looks really nice, yeah :smile:
What subject are you studying?

Sociology and Education. I really can't wait :biggrin:

Original post by -WhySoSerious?
Most people just put BSc/BA 'Whatever', University of York

Your college doesn't really make a difference to your degree :P

I want it to sound a little posher :colondollar: :wink:
Ooh, sounds good :smile:

I'm studying Psychology, how about you?

Ahh, I'm single-subject English. Really really looking forward to actually going, just as long as I get the grades! Although York wasn't my first choice initially, I loved it on the open day :smile:

well egham/virginia water is so dead. then staines is alrighty - pretty chavvy and the only decent thing is the cinema and the nandos. then windsor is pretty rah, just chill with the queen and all that yo.
york is betterer :smile:

i CANNOT BELIEVE how expensive that is!!! god help people when fees go up a lot AND they have to pay that much money to live, not even worth going!
Original post by LollipopRoses
Ahh, I'm single-subject English. Really really looking forward to actually going, just as long as I get the grades! Although York wasn't my first choice initially, I loved it on the open day :smile:

Ahhh, cool :smile: Yeah, grades areee still an issue...
What college do you like best? :smile:

ilickbatteries
Sociology and Education. I really can't wait :biggrin:

Ooh, interesting :smile: I can't wait either, only a few more months (and some pesky exams to pass...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending