The Student Room Group

uni interviews

I have a journalism interview in a few weeks at Salford uni, i know i have a grammar test and one to one interview, but what sort of things will i get asked? can anyone suggest anything i should brush up on? some people say current affairs..
Reply 1
i don't know, but i agree on the current affairs thing and you'll probably get asked things like 'why are you a good candidate for journalism?' 'what can you offer the university?' 'why should we offer you a place?' 'what are your future plans?' 'what experience do you have/why has that helped you?' good luck :smile:!
I'll move this to the journalism forum, but you must talk in general terms only. Discussion of specific questions or answers asked at interview is against the forum rules as it provides unfair help to other applicants.
Reply 3
For most journalism interviews, the questions aren't too terrifying. Don't worry, they're not expecting you to know everything otherwise you wouldn't be applying to do the degree.

Just makes sure you show you have an interest in the subject and a good level of writing skill.
Reply 4
Hey there,

I have an interview in March at the University of Salford to study BA Journalism. Do you know what they may ask ? I am so nervous.

Regards,

Fiza
Reply 5
I have an interview end of March too at Salford, on the 30th! So so nervous, i dont know how to prepare for it...anyone know what topics the test will be on roughly or have an idea on how to prepare? Im so clueless :frown:
Reply 6
Hi I'm completely new to the site and still finding my way around, how do I access the journalism forum?
Reply 7
Original post by F1 fanatic

Original post by F1 fanatic
I'll move this to the journalism forum, but you must talk in general terms only. Discussion of specific questions or answers asked at interview is against the forum rules as it provides unfair help to other applicants.

how do I access the journalism forum, new here and don'y know my way about, thanks.
Original post by themanlike

Original post by themanlike
how do I access the journalism forum, new here and don'y know my way about, thanks.

This thread is already in it, as I moved it. :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=316
Reply 9
Hi to the people attending interviews for journalism. I am also attending an interview on the 30th March at Salford. I get the impression from looking around the site that everybody is worried about what possible questions will come up. I am a little but I think just be prepared by watching the news and reading papers regularly for the next few weeks. We can't be expected to know everything. And if your successful and I'm successful, see you in class :smile:
Reply 10
Hey,
I've got my interview at Salford for Journalism on 18th January 2012. Do you know what type of thing comes up?
Reply 11
Literally just got a message from Track telling me that Salford have withdrawn my application because I never turned up for an interview...but they never invited me for one? UGHH

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending