The Student Room Group

Urgent help with land law coursework!!!

Can anyone help me with the question below... what cases to use, journals, text books any useful websites anything people... please help :smile:

“It has often been stated that the register is a mirror of title. What does this mean and given the existence of overriding interests within the registration of title system, how far is this true? Will the reforms to overriding interests in the Land Registration Act 2002 strengthen the mirror principle?”

:confused: any help would be appreciated... :smile:
Reply 1
the mirror principle is when the register reflects title and interests affecting the land.

overriding interests dont have to be registered so they contradict the mirror principle as a purchaser is bound by the interests even though they might not know about them.

We only jus started this topic so thats pretty much so all i kno so thats a pretty useless post sorry
Reply 2
no worries chandni... what matters is that you posted me some nice info...
--------------
erm could you tell me what text book you are using?? that could also be useful info :biggrin:
Reply 3
ummm some book called modern land law by Mark Thompson it's decent lol!!! What I posted was jus kinda stuff i remmember from a random lecture a while back so probably from my lecture notes rather than the book but it might be in there too
Reply 4
You think the Mark Thompson book is ok?

He's my lecturer for land I'm really not getting it! It doesn't help that my lecturer wrote the book,so if I don't understand the lecture, the book doesn't help.
Reply 5
lol yeh true... but you have the guy in person so u can ask him all the questions... i wish he was my lecturer... ask him bare questions... ps thanx chandni.... bought the book today
Reply 6
Vics I'm like that with Public Law the book we use is by our lecturer and I don't get him or the book but I asked about it and my seminarist suggested a diff book for me to try and use and it has made public law much more manageable!!! So U might wanna ask sum1 about what would be a good alternative book...possibly the law of real property...that aint a bad book either and I use it sometimes though I dont own a copy of it!

Re: The thompson book... I really like it... it jus seems to make sense to me that combined with my lecture notes is about perfect though I won't be sure of this till I get my essay mark back...if i get a fail then it suggests I don't really understand everything I think I understand lol!!
Reply 7
i bet u will pass with flying colours
rrkmehta
Can anyone help me with the question below... what cases to use, journals, text books any useful websites anything people... please help :smile:

“It has often been stated that the register is a mirror of title. What does this mean and given the existence of overriding interests within the registration of title system, how far is this true? Will the reforms to overriding interests in the Land Registration Act 2002 strengthen the mirror principle?”

:confused: any help would be appreciated... :smile:

1/ Mirror system requires the register to reflect reality
2/ Well to answer the exact question, overriding interests don't affect the theory at all; what they do is distort the reality this leading to an imperfect reflection
3/ The LRA will help but it will still be imperfect

Roger Smith on Land Law is always my first port of call
Thompson is useless for me but I know people who like it
Reply 9
thankz a lot mate... that was really helpful... do u recomend any other books that would be useful... journals or n e thing???
Reply 10
i found one journal called: Bringing land registration into the 21st century-the land registration act 2002. its quiet relevant and there’s a few good points which will help! try search 4 it, cos i dont have the link where i got it from!
Reply 11
thanx mate...

Latest

Trending

Trending