Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Urgent Help needed! :(

Announcements Posted on
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    Well, no. I'm Muslim. If betting was halal, I would already be a millionaire through sports betting (exaggeration obviously, but you get the point).
    Well it was only a suggestion.
    Besides, it's not gambling, it's risk free. So yeah. Suit yourself :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Everyone rides on the footpath. How would I know its illegal to do so? I've been doing this for the past 4 years and never got stopped or anything. And if I ride on the road, I told you already whats going to happen if I do that: Horns, horns and also horns coz I cant ride as fast as people drive their cars (20kmh maximum).

ITS A FOOTPATH. THE WORD FOOT GIVES THE GAME AWAY. If you've been doing it for 4 years then your lucky you have not been getting a bigger fine. Well if it's horns horns hornsgive them the finger finger finger
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TUT TUT flawed arguement! just because someone else does something it doesnt mean that you should as well, nor does it make it any more legal! Just pay up.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hothedgehog)
    It's illegal to cycle on a footpath. Just because everyone does it doesn't mean it's ok. Next time, check up on the laws of cycling before you break them and complain about getting fined.
    Since, everyone is doing it, how am I supposed to know whether its legal or not. What if its illegal to chew a gum and walk on the road backwards? Would I really check that before doing it?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CameraGirl)
    There's just no pleasing some people :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozza_00)
    what are the appeal charges?
    I don't know, but definitely higher than £30.

Really? I didn't read it, but the heading was about betting. Is it not about betting? (I might be wrong )
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Appeal and then if I lose, I may have to pay the appeal charges or whatever + the £30.
    You asked what you should do and this person just gave you an answer.
    Why the hell is the in the UCAS forum??
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Since, everyone is doing it, how am I supposed to know whether its legal or not. What if its illegal to chew a gum and walk on the road backwards? Would I really check that before doing it?
    Well if you took any notice of anything to do with cycling then you would. It's all over the place in police leaflets, websites etc. etc..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, my bad, I forgot to mention I was RIDING on the footpath. Riding my bike on the footpath.
    Are you not eligible for job seekers allowance. Why don't you get a job easier said then done, I agree but what have you been all this time on your gap year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone rides on the footpath. How would I know its illegal to do so? I've been doing this for the past 4 years and never got stopped or anything. And if I ride on the road, I told you already whats going to happen if I do that: Horns, horns and also horns coz I cant ride as fast as people drive their cars (20kmh maximum).
    Do what other cyclists do and don't ride in the middle of the road then.

I was unfortunate several months ago to be caught doing the same thing by a group of officers in a riot van. Scared the hell out of me but they kindly let me off with just a warning for cycling on the pavement. In my case, there was no one using the footpath, but with you, were there any pedestrians within 5 or 6 miles? If so, they would have every reason to slap a fine on you.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stjg193)
    There's just no pleasing some people :P
    huh?
    you've quoted me on another thread i think, what've i done wrong now?! :P

I don't know, but definitely higher than £30.

Really? I didn't read it, but the heading was about betting. Is it not about betting? (I might be wrong )
    yes, it's betting. but cleverly, so it's 100% risk free. NOT gambling. i repeat. NOT gambling.
    you'd have to read it though there's a whole thread about it and i can't explain it in one post on here.

but then, i can say, i've made £1400 so far over the last like 4 months, doing it an hour or two a week. so yeah.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you chew gum and walk on the road backward.
    Are you under the influence of drugs?
    Do you have any mental disorders?
    Are you just stupid?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Are you not eligible for job seekers allowance. Why don't you get a job easier said then done, I agree but what have you been all this time on your gap year.
    I will apply for JSA now. Looks like I'll need it.

And regarding jobs, believe it or not, but for 3 weeks I have been sending 20-30 applications everyday. The closest I got was an interview at McDonalds which I never heard back from. After calling them every day, they finally told me that I had missed the Stage 2 of the application. WTF How would I know when it is when Nobody told me abou it. Stupid MCDs. Anyway, I don't get any job anywhere although I have 4 years experience as a sales assistant part time. Don't know what I'm doing wrong
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    Why would you chew gum and walk on the road backward.
    Are you under the influence of drugs?
    Do you have any mental disorders?
    Are you just stupid?
    YES to all three of your questions.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    huh?
    you've quoted me on another thread i think, what've i done wrong now?! :P

yes, it's betting. but cleverly, so it's 100% risk free. NOT gambling. i repeat. NOT gambling.
    you'd have to read it though there's a whole thread about it and i can't explain it in one post on here.

but then, i can say, i've made £1400 so far over the last like 4 months, doing it an hour or two a week. so yeah.
    Haha yeah i remember you from another thread (:
    You've done nothing wrong this time :P
    Just saying how you suggested something for the OP to try and he throws it back in your face :P
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just saying how you suggested something for the OP to try and he throws it back in your face :P
    Not really. Since he/she said that there is nothing to lose, then I can do it and thanks to him/her I will read the thread as well and see what is possible to do according to the Islamic Law and everything... Thanks to CameraGirl!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha i'm used to it :P
    cheers!

Not really. Since he/she said that there is nothing to lose, then I can do it and thanks to him/her I will read the thread as well and see what is possible to do according to the Islamic Law and everything... Thanks to CameraGirl!
    haha good luck if you do try it out and what not XD
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You broke the law, get over it and pay the fine.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    You broke the law, get over it and pay the fine.
    What sort of law is that? How would I know it is against the law, if everybody is doing it all day?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    What sort of law is that? How would I know it is against the law, if everybody is doing it all day?
    Ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law, nor is the fact that other people break it too.
    It's still a law, you still broke it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 6, 2011
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.