(Original post by Night Hawk)
OK so this is where i'm at with my application to Barlcays. Im not a barlcays customer, im glad based on this experience.
1) Filled in the application, took it to a barlcays branch to have my documents certified. 'Yeah sure i'll do it' ... she signs the first page of each document, leaving about 7 unsigned. I said to her 'I dont mean to be a pain in the neck, but doesnt every document need to be signed. ....... her 'No it doesnt'.... Ok, so off i go.
2) About a week and half later the application comes back, says every page needs to be signed. Ok fair enough....
3) 2 days later i go back into the barclays branch, the manager is only person able to do it. She goes through it, tells me the letter says i need an extra address confirmation as well.... (Application contains every single piece of address and ID confirmation possible as this stage). She says, that all looks ok, i'll get the original girl who signed it to sign the rest or it'll look a bit 'dodgy' ...... then ill get her to send it off. I thought great, ill just wait for a decision now.
4) Today I called Barlcays, well India to be precise.... and spoke to a girl who simply wasnt capable of understanding English, or explain what was happening with it. After half an hour of talking to a break wall, her asking me every single piece of information on the application..... I discovered after interrogating her, that they last received an application on the 20th of Jan..... 4 days ago...... about 3 weeks after it was sent..... So either Barclays, Royal Mail are to blame for that. Anyhow...... then she goes on to say my address etc and course details were missing from the application........ Besides the fact why would i send it without a name on it
...... they already had these details from the first time it was sent, and they SHOULD have had it when Barlcays sent it off to their loans department.
5) Clenching my fist, and wanting to strangle her over the telephone at this point. So what do i need to do to sort this out. 'Give end date' ...... 'Hold on a minute, that information was all included, it was sorted by a barlcays branch manager then sent by a barlcays member of staff' .......... So try again........ 'Mr Night Hawk, 3 minute pause.... call back 3 to 5 days, shows pending'
So your guess is as good as ****ing mine as to how and when this will end up.