The Student Room Group

Peninsula vs Southampton!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by airdoc
Hey, nope I havent firmed yet, my mind is starting to lean towards pms..
Do you think its a bad idea to pick a uni based on their leniency to people who missed grades? I know I'm gonna vet them 99% sure but I'm still worried, soton are pretty ruthless but pms are known to be kinda lol :-P

I heard dissection is time consuming and not thaaat useful..

Hey sorry to interject here, but don't bank on PMS being lenient. They have already just raised there entry requirements to start asking for A*AA, I highly doubt they would let someone in with AAB.
Reply 81
Original post by ryan118244
Hey sorry to interject here, but don't bank on PMS being lenient. They have already just raised there entry requirements to start asking for A*AA, I highly doubt they would let someone in with AAB.

Ah, yh that is true.. Guess I just gotta get the grades! XD
Anyway, have you made a choice yet?
Reply 82
Original post by airdoc
Ah, yh that is true.. Guess I just gotta get the grades! XD
Anyway, have you made a choice yet?

Yea, the hard part :/ good luck! Chemistry was always the one I found hard.
Humm im 99% sure Manchester, just loved the open day. I take it your leaning towards southamtpon.
Reply 83
Yea, the hard part :/ good luck! Chemistry was always the one I found hard.
Humm im 99% sure Manchester, just loved the open day. I take it your leaning towards southamtpon.

Haha, yeah the very hard part LOL
I'm good at chem, aiming for an A* there, biology is the annoying one :-P

Woah, so manchester it is?
Yeah I'm leaning towards southampton :-D
Reply 84
Original post by airdoc
Haha, yeah the very hard part LOL
I'm good at chem, aiming for an A* there, biology is the annoying one :-P

Woah, so manchester it is?
Yeah I'm leaning towards southampton :-D

Oh it was opp for me, I loved bio.
Sure is.
Ahh cool, I liked Southampton.
Reply 85
Oh it was opp for me, I loved bio.
Sure is.
Ahh cool, I liked Southampton.

Sorry to butt in, but yeah Bio was my forte too!
There is a football match today. Brighton vs Southampton. The winner will be my firm...
Reply 86
Original post by hsparkle
Sorry to butt in, but yeah Bio was my forte too!
There is a football match today. Brighton vs Southampton. The winner will be my firm...

I'm glad there's a lot of bio in medicine!! :smile:
Well I think that's a pretty clever way to decide, you will make a great doctor!
Reply 87
I'm glad there's a lot of bio in medicine!! :smile:
Well I think that's a pretty clever way to decide, you will make a great doctor!

Yeah, I'm glad medicine = biology as well! Came much more easily to me!

And why thankyou :smile: I thought so too! :P Southampton won, so I guess that's where I should go!
Reply 88
Original post by hsparkle
Yeah, I'm glad medicine = biology as well! Came much more easily to me!

And why thankyou :smile: I thought so too! :P Southampton won, so I guess that's where I should go!

I guess it's sorted!
Reply 89
My brothers are both at Soton and have loved it ( not doing medicine tho) so you'll have a great time but I've firmed Peninsula now ...nice to do something different as all my family now are Soton grads but it was a hard decision. Like the way you picked! LOL
Reply 90
Original post by snoz64
My brothers are both at Soton and have loved it ( not doing medicine tho) so you'll have a great time but I've firmed Peninsula now ...nice to do something different as all my family now are Soton grads but it was a hard decision. Like the way you picked! LOL

Hey, apart from the whole family being soton grads, what else made you pick peninsula? :-P
Reply 91
Original post by airdoc
Hey, apart from the whole family being soton grads, what else made you pick peninsula? :-P

Thought that the way that they taught suited me. Not too keen on the placements for Soton i.e. Winchester (too quiet) and Portsmouth not great whereas I like Exeter , Plymouth and Truro and they all have campuses, I believe. Still not 100% sure I've done the right thing as I live in the New Forest only 20 mins from Soton so could save myself a lot of hassle. My bro lived in Monte with a first year medic and they were loving it. I think either is great so I'm sure we'll all be ok whichever we go for.
Reply 92
ahhh... scared about firming :s-smilie:
Reply 93
Original post by lizette
:frown: are you still struggling to make your mind up? Sometimes having a choice is not such a great thing I guess!! I firmed Soton over Kings but then they are very different so it was an easy decision - remember it is 5 years of your life, much of it spent on campus/in hospitals. Maybe go with the campus/medical school you prefer rather than which town you prefer?? Good Luck again!!!

Thankyou :biggrin:
Yeah.. BSMS and Soton are quite similar.. ie making it quite hard! In terms of course. I don't know.. I need to man up and make the decision really!

Which accomodation did you go for? Glen eyre?
Reply 94
I can't decide either lol
Reply 95
Original post by lizette
Maybe you should both stop trying to decide for this week and then come back to it fresh next Monday before the deadline??? Wish I could help you decide but then you already know which one I think you should firm :u:

I'm leaning massively towards Peninsula now btw. PBL is more to my taste :tongue:
Looked into it more, and it seems like a way I'll learn better XD
Reply 96
Original post by lizette
Yes Glen Eyre and then Wessex Lane - both seem nice though Glen Eyre is greener.

Why can't you decide? Presume you have done a list of pros/cons? I confess I didn't really like the BSMS Campus and the way it is divided by that dual carriageway BUT Brighton itself is a nice place. Have any of your family visited the campuses with you? What do they think - they know you best - maybe they have a good idea where you will be happiest??

Yeah, I'm not too keen on their campus either... But I like their course. Oh and the City is AWESOME! Soton campus is prettier but the City is ugly... lol

I think Southampton has better hospital placements as well. And yeah.. been to Brighton twice and Soton twice now... I am so bad with decisions.

How did you decide?
Reply 97
Original post by lizette
Well that's really important so sounds to me as if Peninsula is where you should go then :biggrin::biggrin:

Do it!!!!
Reply 98
Southampton firmed!!!!!!!!! See you next year :biggrin:
Reply 99
Original post by lizette
That's great.......good decision :biggrin::biggrin:

SO excited!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending