The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography

Hello,

I am making plans to study Diagnostic Radiography, once I've completed an acess course at my local colege. I will be a mature student and I have been researching on websites about the uni's and the courses. I have booked myself on open days at Derby, Exeter (which I know is more physics based than other uni's) and Medway Canturbury.

I was just wondering if anybody has any advise or knowlede they can share about the course, universities and any questions that would be good to ask when visiting.

Many thanks
Reply 1
Hai

I've applied for radiography starting next year

The course varies depending on where you want to study, because they all answer to a different "boss" as it were

If you go down south you tend to find you get longer in placements (UWE do like 14 weeks at a time i think) but up north they do shorter placements, but more of them (Cumbria do 4 week ones, and 41 % of their course is in a hospital)

As for universities, all the ones i've been too look round / have interviews for (liverpool, cumbria, leeds, QMU, and UWE) they're all gorgeous unis, in nice towns/cities (tell a lie, i never went to see leeds)

Radiography students tend to be REALLY approachable and easy to talk to (they want to work with the public after all)

Hope that helps :smile:

Edit: as for questions, ask about what the course is like, how its run, how up to date their facilities are etc. but also talk to current students about the course, they will give you an honest answer
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Yes that does help me thanks, it's always good to get other people's views as they may have information I knew nothing about, lol. On this note do you know anything about how the nhs bursaries for rdiography will change in the 2012 - I went to Derby today and was told it was changing but the advisor wasn't sure how much etc.
Reply 3
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/816.aspx <- NHS page on bursaries

wasn't aware that it was changing THIS year, but when i was at cumbria they told us it WOULD NOT GO because if it did there would be no one to go on the course

it's probably on that link somewhere :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest