The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why do I need to back up the very pointed comment that you are all idiots if (a) you hate poetry and (b) you dismiss Seamus Heaney, one of the greatest living users of the English language, out of hand? Or are you just a closet tranny-racist, TS?
Reply 21
anycon
Why do I need to back up the very pointed comment that you are all idiots if (a) you hate poetry and (b) you dismiss Seamus Heaney, one of the greatest living users of the English language, out of hand? Or are you just a closet tranny-racist, TS?

Tranny-racist? What an excellent word!!!! I will start using it in daily conversation! Starting now!

Anycon, you tranny-racist!!!!!
Reply 22
Ah, good old Seamus Heaney, legend, he went to my school, dont diss the Heaney
Reply 23
Ahh Heaney, I remember him well. We actually named an island after him. The Isle of Heaney, inhabitted by the close comunity of Heanians. It wasn't in a celebration of his talent though. Twas for a radio report thing in English, and I got to speak in a Scottish accent which amused greatly.

I like simple poetry though. Like The Death Of A Fly by Steve Turner. Cracks me up every time.
The only good poem in the world?

If, Rudyard Kipling. I know it of by heart - words to live by.
Toy Soldier
and yet, here I sit trying to write a Heaney essay for tomorrow. *sigh*

Are you doing English at Uni? :confused:
Reply 26
Poica
Tranny-racist? What an excellent word!!!! I will start using it in daily conversation! Starting now!

Anycon, you tranny-racist!!!!!

Too many exclamation marks. Ick.
Reply 27
anycon
Too many exclamation marks. Ick.

Are you prejudiced against exclamation marks?
Tranny-racist
Reply 28
don't hate poetry! its amazing!

Latest