The Student Room Group

Will GCSEs hold me back?

Hey, I know there are loads of posts like these, and they get really boring, but the question's been bugging me for a while now. Basically (this is gonna sound cheesy) it's my 'dream' to study international realations at the University of Nottingham. :P However I'm expecting to get 6As and 3Bs at GCSE, and whilst I know these aren't 'bad', I'm worrying that they woin't be good enough to get on the IR course at The University of Nottingham? :s-smilie: Thanks! :smile:
Have you done any research to find out the minimum entry requirements for that particular coourse at Nottingham? Their website should tell you not only how many A grades you need to stand a chance of getting in, but also in which subjects.
As long as you meet minimum requirements? I really wouldn't worry. Those are good GCSE results - you haven't yet done your A Levels! Extra curricular (relevant) activities and a strong personal statement are goign to be what shines through, as well as your required A Level marks.
Reply 3
Original post by oliverford
Hey, I know there are loads of posts like these, and they get really boring, but the question's been bugging me for a while now. Basically (this is gonna sound cheesy) it's my 'dream' to study international realations at the University of Nottingham. :P However I'm expecting to get 6As and 3Bs at GCSE, and whilst I know these aren't 'bad', I'm worrying that they woin't be good enough to get on the IR course at The University of Nottingham? :s-smilie: Thanks! :smile:

Firstly, check out the entry requirements and see what you actually need. You will probably find that you fit their requirements. Those are decent GCSE results and with good AS results you would be in with a chance.

Secondly, these are your expected results, not your actual results. There is no reason why you need to be convinced those are the grades you will get. Work hard, and you may find you will come out with even better results than these.

Chin up and good luck with your GCSEs :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by oliverford

You need to worry more about doing well at A-Level, as Nottingham ask for AAA at A2 to do IR.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending