The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Does St. Salvator's have ensuite rooms? I looked at the fee payment section (online payment) and they seem to have rates for St. Salvator ensuite. I thought New Hall was the only hall to offer ensuite.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 81
What's the chance that I could choose the hall to live in and actually be assigned to that one?
Reply 82
I think it depends how early you get your accomodation form sent in.
Reply 83
I have to say that the more I read this thread, the more I love St Andrews :biggrin: (tho I've never really been there ;P)

Really I supposed Edinburgh would my first choice but I think those two have just switched :smile: i just love the atmosphere you describe and all those 'traditions' (the raisin thing :biggrin:)

Will you guys get any additional points if I report this to the Uni :P (if they accept me :wink: )?

Happy New Year btw :top:
Reply 84
Hey, I see you are a fellow International Relationsonian! :biggrin: Good luck with the application
Reply 85
Thanks I will need it! :biggrin:

You wouldn't believe how jelous I am of your offer! (and I suppose I'm not alone...:wink: ) Anyway I hope to c u in September - or are you not accepting it?
Reply 86
I'm definitely accepting
Reply 87
no one's answering my random weee question :frown:
Reply 88
Da Mouse
no one's answering my random weee question :frown:

What are "BIG files"? I dont know about the accomodation for four years, but someone here said alot of students rent flats/houses with other students begining the 2nd year. I'm pretty sure, but not certain, that you can request to live for all four years in the halls of residence.
Reply 89
The question about BIG files... I take it you mean lever-arch files?... depends completely on your course and how much work you do personally.

Everybody does different amounts of work. I personally read around 6 books (not the whole book..) per essay and then maybe 2 for tutorial prep, and I make notes on all of these. I've got through 3 A4 folders last semester and I expect it'll be the same this semester.. so that's 6 A4 folders a year. However, I know some people who do very little note-taking and others who do maybe double what I do so it all depends. I'd just bring a couple of folders and buy others as you need them.

If your question was about something else entirely.. sorry. heh.
Reply 90
And my answer to it is, I have one file, with 3 pages of notes in it.
Seriously.
I also have one text book which I bought and did not need, so I'm going to sell it.
It does depend on your course and yourself. You can do some course and take notes on everything and always work, or do absolutely nothing, which is what I have done, and then read the lecture slides available online when the time comes to revise.
Reply 91
Sorry for not being specific enough! I was thinking among any sciency subjects. And yes - i meant lever-arch files :s: whoospsy lol thanx
Hi everyone,
I'm doing my GCSE's in the summer but i've already started looking at Uni's and i really want to go to St Andrews and study psychology with spanish! I haven't been yet but it looks fantastic!
And also, is anybody doing psychology or spanish? Does anyone know what the courses are like?
Anyway, i was just wondering where the nearest public library is where you can get reading books not just subject books. Is there one in the town or do you have to go into the big cities round about?
Any info would be really appreciated! Thanks!
Reply 93
There's a public library in St Andrews. It's fairly small, but you can order books in there for a small fee (it's 60p at home, dunno bout St Andrews).
Reply 94
InsertName
Hi everyone,
I'm doing my GCSE's in the summer but i've already started looking at Uni's and i really want to go to St Andrews and study psychology with spanish! I haven't been yet but it looks fantastic!
And also, is anybody doing psychology or spanish? Does anyone know what the courses are like?
Anyway, i was just wondering where the nearest public library is where you can get reading books not just subject books. Is there one in the town or do you have to go into the big cities round about?
Any info would be really appreciated! Thanks!

I can tell you the Spanish is probably the best in the UK (after Oxbridge, debatable).
Psychology is good too, a lot of people here do it.
Ah, fantastic thank you!
did any of you know St. A's as a holiday/familliar place before studying there? 'cos it holds a lot of memories from 'idilic' childhood.........(hahaha)........ do you know whether it is easy to get past that? - i think it is a loverly place and near the top of my 'maybe' uni list but.....................

thanks
Reply 97
If you live in halls I know you can't be there during the Christmas and Easter holidays, but can you leave some stuff there or does everything have to go back with you?
Reply 98
KerriT
If you live in halls I know you can't be there during the Christmas and Easter holidays, but can you leave some stuff there or does everything have to go back with you?

You CAN be there during Christmas and Easter holidays, at least in New Hall. And you can leave all your stuff in your room. Just Summer you need to vacate
Reply 99
Well.. I had to clear my room (in Melville) this Christmas. And I mean CLEAR. But they provided storage space.

Latest

Trending

Trending