Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to get sick over a night?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a job interview tomorrow, but I don't want to attend it really. How can I get terribly sick over night, so that I could show them some proof from my doctor that I was sick? Any suggestions?

Reason: I'm not prepared for the interview. Never had one, so don't know how it works and all. Wanna get myself more prepared before going there.

Thanks
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    I have a job interview tomorrow, but I don't want to attend it really. How can I get terribly sick over night, so that I could show them some proof from my doctor that I was sick? Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Eat some raw meat, break a bone...list is endless!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    They wont accept a doctors note. They just won't give you the job.
    Do you have a reason for not wanting to go?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just ring them up, apologise and say you're no longer looking for a job...?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was to eat out of a garbage bin.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Drink bleach.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like a plot for one of those terrible american teen movies.

Just man up and either tell them you're not interested in the job or go and ace the interview!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I don't like saying this, but in this case I feel it is entirely appropriate: Man up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Lol why not just ring them and say you've changed your mind?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForGreatJustice)
    I don't like saying this, but in this case I feel it is entirely appropriate: Man up.
    Essentially, this. Why on earth would you waste an employer's time just to duck out at the last second?
    • 43 followers

ReputationRep:
    The employer isn't under any obligation to hold off their search for a new employee while you "recover", and will most likely just carry on without you unless they're extremely sympathetic or they already think you could be superior to all other candidates. Either suck it up and get to the interview, or start looking for another one.

But yeah, giving yourself a mild case of food poisoning by eating some raw meat should have a suitably dramatic effect.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "hi about the job interview, I've decided I don't want to apply for the job any more, sorry and thanks"

that should do the trick
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    No need. They won't give you the job if you don't go to the interview regardless of the reason. Just don't waste his time, thank him for the offer and be polite. He'd probably be grateful of the extra break anyway.
    • 45 followers

ReputationRep:
    You lazy bitch, why don't you want to go? Why did you even give them your resume if you don't wanna go?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)
    Yes, I do. I haven't prepared for the interview yet. I got the invitation last Monday, but just didn't find any time to prepare for it. It'll flop if I go there tomorrow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    You lazy bitch, why don't you want to go? Why did you even give them your resume if you don't wanna go?
    I do wanna go. It's just that I don't wanna go there tomorrow because I'm not ready yet. I need some more time to prepare for it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    No need. They won't give you the job if you don't go to the interview regardless of the reason. Just don't waste his time, thank him for the offer and be polite. He'd probably be grateful of the extra break anyway.
    So, what happens to those who actually ARE sick on the day of interview? It's not their fault then is it? Does that mean they won't get the job?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazy smurf)
    "hi about the job interview, I've decided I don't want to apply for the job any more, sorry and thanks"

that should do the trick
    Who said I don't want the job? I just don't want to go to the interview TOMORROW. Any other day, as long as I can prepare for it would be fine, but not tomorrow.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    Just ring them up, apologise and say you're no longer looking for a job...?
    I do want to attend the interview, but just not tomorrow, because I'm not ready for it yet. I wanna do it at a later stage maybe Wednesday or something...
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llpokermuffinll)
    So, what happens to those who actually ARE sick on the day of interview? It's not their fault then is it? Does that mean they won't get the job?
    Pretty much. Welcome to the real world buddy.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 7, 2011
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.