The Student Room Group

Old qualifications for Radiography entry??

Hi All

I am hoping to put a late UCAS application in for Diagnostic Radiography (Liverpool & Salford)

My question is, I have a HND in Computing, passed with distinction, which I graduated from in 2003. Is this too far back to use for entry? My only other qualifications are O levels from school, taken in 1986! And no proof of having them!

I do have health related work experience (Ambulance 2005-2008) but am very worried if I need to study for more qualifications first. I'm 41, time is not on my side!

Julie :smile:

P.S. I always say I passed with my HND with Distinction, I passed 11 units with Distinction and the other 5 with Merit. Is what I say right?
Uni's are usually looking for evidence of recent study. Your best bet would be to call up the unis - since you need to do this anyway to ask if they'll accept a late application from you - and enquire about the entry requirements. It might be that an Access course might be the best route in. Equally recent work experience would be useful.
Reply 2
Thank you.

I contacted Liverpool, and yes my HND isn't recent enough! I'd have to do an Access to HE course first! I don't really mind the extra year, but it means I'll be 45 by the time I qualify! :eek:

On the positive side it gives me plenty of time to apply for Sep 2012 plus plenty of time for work experience :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest