The Student Room Group

How do the unis make offers if I have already finished 1 A level?

I am now a student in year 12, and I should be able to get an A*for maths A2 in the coming summer.
So how do they make offers? Give an conditional offer for the remaining 2 subjects?
Reply 1
Original post by Jack3107
I am now a student in year 12, and I should be able to get an A*for maths A2 in the coming summer.
So how do they make offers? Give an conditional offer for the remaining 2 subjects?
Well, yes?
Reply 2
Most likely. All of my offers were for only two grades, having done one A-Level already. However, some of my friends had offers for three A-Levels still - presumably the unis wanted to see if they could get the grades in one sitting. It's totally dependent on the uni and course, but most of your offers will probably be for only two.
Mine made offers of 2 instead of 3
Reply 4
If I can not get the A* but an A only for maths this summer, should I hide my result or tell the unis I get an A and I going to resit and get an A*?

Because the A2 math is the only subject that I can get an A*. Other subjects are in HKAL which have no A* grade.
Original post by Jack3107
If I can not get the A* but an A only for maths this summer, should I hide my result or tell the unis I get an A and I going to resit and get an A*?

The latter; you have no choice in the matter unless you wish to risk disqualification and loss of offers.

Quick Reply

Latest