The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
angel_flo
Ahhh I got my Exeter offer the same day last year...lol
Any questions about the politics course I'm happy to answer as well as I can!

How does the grading work for each module (or class)? Do essays count for, lets say, 60% of the mark then 40% of the mark comprises of exams? I understand there are certain essays (5,000 to 10,000 words) that are due throughout the term and exams on the last day of the module.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
I've been given a 'Conditional' on track....but haven't yet had anything to tell me what the conditions are! I'm guessing from other people's offers that it'll be AAA for English?

1st offer tho..woo!
Course: Eng Lit
Conditions: AAA
Whether you'll accept: Possibly, depends on other offers.
Reply 23
sluggabed
I've been given a 'Conditional' on track....but haven't yet had anything to tell me what the conditions are! I'm guessing from other people's offers that it'll be AAA for English?

1st offer tho..woo!

Have you tried clicking on the course code, it should say there
Course: French and Italian
Conditions : ABB with an A in French

I'm not sure whether I'll accept it, as my current fave is Warwick, and that only needs a B in French. I'm gonna go and see Exeter though.. my friend's gonna go there cos she thought it was brilliant on the open day!
Reply 25
it is brilliant. i just think someones wrapped it in ice at the moment. love this place but its soooooooooooooooo cold x
Reply 26
Course: Eng Lit
Whether you'll accept: Maybe, 3rd/4th choice.
Course: French and Spanish
Conditions: ABB including A in French
Whether you'll accept: No idea, I'll have to go on an open day or something to decide!
Reply 28
yayayayay Poitics offer!!! :dancing:

Ooohh I'm so happy and relieved and excited :biggrin:
Unconditional offer for Human Biosciences :biggrin:

Will I accept? Only if I don't get in for medicine.

Ellie xxx
Reply 30
YAY!!! Geog BA - ABC

*crazy dance*
Course: Philosophy and Politics
Conditions: BBB
Whether you'll accept: Probably have it as insurance, I like it but like southampton more :biggrin:
Reply 32
Course: International Relations
Conditions: AAA!!!!!

I am absolutely gutted, the prospectus said AAA-BBB and I have had three other offers so far sussex, southampton and reading in which southampton even LOWERED ther requirements. I don't understand why its so high i am really disappointed because i loved the uni at open day but wont be accepting with that kind of pressure. I just can't figure why. high demand or a average-crummy app?
Reply 33
I got an AAA offer for History and IR- I was a bit shocked too but I still think I'm going to accept it. Its probably just high demand- I think in the prospectus they say there is like 25 places for all the IR courses.
Reply 34
Have just been asked for AAB for Business and Management with European Study - this is my highest offer yet and was gonna be an insurance so definitely not accepting. I was expecting an offer close to BBB - just feel sorry for the peeps who had it as their 1st choice! :confused:
Course: English Lit
Whether you'll accept: Probably not with those conditions, even though I really like the university. We'll see, I might not get any other offers!
Reply 36
Course: Geography
Conditions: ABC
Whether you'll accept: I'm not sure, it's my 3rd/4th choice
Oh the tragedy! I'll have that for you Amina!!
Reply 38
I finally got the offer for Philosophy and Political Economy on an offer of BBB.

Anyone doing the same course?

Good luck to everyone and hope you get ur letters soon....
Reply 39
I have been called for an interview on Thurs 08/12 for Law with French- any other courses need interviews or is mine just really competitive??

Latest

Trending

Trending